The “Get rid of Boa Vista!!!” Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CAINEonFIRE, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: The ?Get rid of Boa Vista!!!? Thread

You should have heard me and my sister when we saw Boa with a badge.

Needless to say, we were not impressed, even though we knew it was coming.

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Knowing her, she probably slept with someone.

Oh, look at me, being all bitchy. Meow!

Seriously, what the hell is this:

[​IMG]

She's constantly getting facial spasms, like she's a stroke victim or something. It's really disturbing. Jesus Christ, that picture is gonna give me nightmares! "Brain... must eat brain!"

Someone at Television Without Pity started calling her Orangina. That's awesome beyond words. Motion to make Orangina one of her official nicknames.

(Screen cap courtesy of the beautiful Leela)

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Man! The pic is hilarious!

I still don't like the comments about the skincolour :/

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't like her at all, but I'm willing to give her a chance... but if she a) makes a move on MY Ryan lol and b) usurps Calleigh as hot office babe- I will join up asap!

But hey- Eva La Rue must be a good actress if she's getting THIS response from fans.

5. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Oh believe me, I have nothing against the actress...I quite like her, but I have nothing at all for the character, especially considering we are just now getting the later part of season 4.

Last night we saw 'Collision' and I had to both laugh and yell at some of the comments made...I remember she went up to Eric and said that she heard something about his case and he said "You hear a lot of things" and she said "Look, I get it. There's a mole in the lab. Just because Im the new girl doesn't mean I'm the mole!" and that just left me screaming at the TV "BUT YOU ARE THE MOLE! GAAAAAHHH!"...I'm really not liking this mole storyline, it's a complete waste of the show, which if I'm not mistaken, is supposed to be a cop show, not a soap.

and that pic is hilarious! :lol:

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Very true Carly. That line between Boa and Eric got me rollin' too. It's like the writers are toying, or teasing us with the storyline. We pretty much all suspected it was her from the beginning, because she had no purpose on the show AT ALL.

But I also have nothing against the actress at all. She portrays the role really well. It just so happens I really dislike the character. :p

7. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

I do like Eva La Rue too. Too bad that I happen to hate Boa. She's just the most annoying thing in the show. At this point they could even make a commercial... "Are you a mole? Are you trying to ruin the lab? Are you orange and sickly irritating? Come out from darkness, we'll make you a CSI!"

Duh.

8. SincerelyInDenial

SincerelyInDenial Police Officer

I couldn't agree more, NBV gets under my skin!

9. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

i do like eva but also Boa Vista she is showing more emotion and more of herself even when she is the mole i dont care.. i will like her like that in the show it makes it more exating...

10. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

WTF. When you put it that way it makes it seem even more stupid then it already is :lol: My mom said she thought she should have been fired for being the mole, and gotten in serious trouble (if not fired) for telling that guy that she would get "him". Especially since she said sorry. For all she knows he was the killer and she was apologizing! :rolleyes: :mad:

11. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

I agree whole heartly.
    You know she's just lucky that H wasn't there when she did that other wise her *** would be grass and then some. I was laughing when she got chewed out by ryan, somebody need to put her in her place. Maybe she will screw up in front of H and hopefully she'll be out the door and don't let it hit you on the way out. :lol:

12. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

(I'm hugely sorry for this, but it's a rant, and it needs to be done. And for the record, I actually don't mind Boa Vista in the slightest, but GODS.)

Can someone please have a wander over to LA for me and perform a citizen's arrest? The target will be the entire CSI:Miami wardrobe section, because Natalia Boa Vista's wardobe is a heinous crime against humanity.

(You could probably add "attempted murder" to that as well, for trying to get me via exsanguination of the eyeballs.)

I don't care what they're trying to convince me of, I refuse to believe that any sane woman gets up in the morning, opens her wardrobe and decides tangerine orange is a sterling dress choice for working in a police department. I'd understand, if she was promoted to, you know... oompaloompa or something. But she's a CSI. Or trying to be a CSI. I'm not entirely sure. And I don't care.

And please, can someone explain to me Natalia's apparent obsession with satin shirts/blouses? I could understand it if she had one or two, maybe in sensible, all-purpose colours like black or white. But the Boa apparently feels the need to own an entire puke-inducing spectrum of satin blouses. Was there a bulk sale somewhere? Was it buy 30, get 30 free on shirts that make your eyes pop? It's not like it's even a flattering garment - they're shiny and horrible and look awful on camera. She's not the only cast member I've seen wear them, but everytime someone comes out in one on Miami, I'm left wincing at the horror. Then they bring out Natalia, and her wardrobe, consisting entirely of the accursed garment and now I'm in physical PAIN. Cerise pink! Lime green! Neon horror! Can we stop this now please?!

I mean, Calleigh has a beautiful sense of style, so we know they can get it right. Does Emily Proctor have a seperate wardrobe person? Eva La Rue is a beautiful woman (when she's not orange...) and they could SO be toning down the fake tan and putting her into something classy and cute. Pinstripes, crisp white shirts, maybe a little retro chic - 50s shoes, knee-length skirts. She'd own. It might also make us take the character a bit more seriously, since she currently looks like an escapee from the circus. Clown department.

Could we not write in a future episode where Natalia's house gets blown up, and her wardrobe is totally destroyed? 'Cause I'd volunteer, you know, to do it. I'd totally be the suspect. Maybe she could bump her head in the explosion and realise the sheer horror of the satin blouse.

PLEASE, CSI:Miami people. I am BEGGING YOU. Stop this evil now. Everytime Boa Vista wears a eye-blinding satin shirt, a kitten dies. Cute little children have nightmares. The percentage of world evil rises as perfectly ordinary CSI viewers are driven insane and carry out horribly violent crimes in a desperate attempt to rid themselves of the visions. More important than all of this, you're causing me pain here. I go blind when she appears on screen. My brain implodes. I lose consciousness because of the awful. It's ruining my life. I fear I may end up in an institution if you don't stop DAMAGING MY BRAIN.

I fear there may be others out there, tormented as I am by this woman's wretched dress sense. Who may wake up screaming, in a cold sweat, in the middle of the night, with the image of a tangerine woman in the lime green satin blouse burned forever in their minds. And then there's the poor characters, who have to stand there and try and talk to the woman while her blouse-of-doom melts their optic nerve and induces hallucinations. No wonder Ryan Wolfe tried to blind himself. The poor boy obviously couldn't take anymore. And the pot for Marisol? Please. That was so Eric, trying to smoke himself blind so he didn't need therapy after every scene with Natalia.

We need a support group, obviously. Help for those, like me, who can no longer take the torture of Boa Vista's appearance or the physical pain her wardrobe inflicts. I want someone to answer for this! So if one of you could pop over there, and plant a bomb, or arrest the entire department, I'd be really grateful.

13. grumpy

grumpy Prime Suspect

I've often wondered 'what the hell are they thinking?!' in
    the wardrobe department. Those satin shirts remind me of the
    70's :D

14. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

yes me too she can where better stuff... Because she more beautiful than that..

15. Juma

Juma Police Officer

In the epi still for "If looks could kill" ( or something to that point) she's wearing a very nice classic black skirt and a yellow cotton top. Very nice. :)
    I'm not a huge fan of those satin blouses either, I wish N would wear classy tops just like C.
    And NO white pants please. On NOONE. please. :mad: Cause that is just plain silly.
    She could wear a nice pair of beige pants. ;)

:)