Tennis

Joy22 said:

It's both. :D You should have seen her when she saw him in Rotterdam. It was funny and he kept looking at us, wondering: Why is the mum so excited and the daughter so calm? That's not the way it normally is. :lol: :lol:

I imagine the scene :lol:.

I agree about your mother having good taste about Ferrero,but lately he's not doing great things as before.
Yeah, he's been injured a few times over the past few years and unfortunately he hasn't recovered the level he had in 2003 when he won RG...but he's still a great player :D.

I think the final will be Nadal-Federer and Nadal will beat Federer again,Federer's face will be priceless,despite the fact that Federer got really trouble to pass yesterday.

I think so, even if I'd prefer a Nalbandian/Nadal final.

Ferrero and Grosjean've won... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEB, he's 28 today ;)

Yay!!! It was a good day today. First off, no...you know who... which is always good. Second, Ferrero won, Grosjean won and Nadal just won. Whoohoo!!!!

To bad for Jarko though, I just saw that he had to retire in his match. This does mean that we have a Dutch player in the second round. Us Dutch people can celebrate already, we did it, we reached a second round :lol: :lol:

I'm lookig forward to tomorrow. I can't stand the fact that Safin has to play Gonzalez but it's going to be an interesting match.

I'm happy about Ferrero winning.
*Crossing my fingers for a Nadal-Ferrero final*
But he was very angry about a French magazine saying him,Nadal and Corretja took EPO.

Joy22 said:
Yay!!! It was a good day today. First off, no...you know who... which is always good. Second, Ferrero won, Grosjean won and Nadal just won. Whoohoo!!!!
I'm lookig forward to tomorrow. I can't stand the fact that Safin has to play Gonzalez but it's going to be an interesting match.

So congratulations Rafa, Juan Carlos, Sebastien and all the others who're qualified.
rafa.jpg
...new color this year ;)

And congratulations to Raemon Sluiter your countryman! :D
The weather conditions were awful today,windy and chilly..I hope it'll be better tomorrow.
Tomorrow I'd have to choose between Safin and Gonzalez, no I mean I've already decided who I'm gonna support ...I let you guess(he's tall, browned-haired and really talented, uh wait a minute, they're both like that LOL :lol:).Yeah, no kidding, Safin all the way :D even if I like Gonzalez.

I had bad news to report: my two beloved players (after Coria of course) ie Stepanek and Kiefer are qualified for the secound round :mad: .

kimi said:
And congratulations to Raemon Sluiter your countryman! :D

Yeah, I'm so proud right now :lol: Watch out, here comes Raemon :D No actually, he's from my city so I think it's cool, he can win another match as far as I'm concerned.

And I made up my mind too, I'm going to support Marat tomorrow. He needs a good result to climb back up in the rankings because a player like that should not be the number 50 in the world.

One last thing, thanks for the pics! My mum almost fainted when I mailed her the first one of Juan Carlos :lol: Also, I never heard anything about a French paper accusing Nadal, Corretja and Ferrero of taking EPO. When was that written?

Jarkko retired because of stomach problems !? wtf?

Ooh, Emma won her first game :D Too bad on 2nd round she'll play agains Venus Williams :lol:

DaWacko said:
Ooh, Emma won her first game :D Too bad on 2nd round she'll play agains Venus Williams :lol:

I was wondering who you were talking about, but I've found Emma Laine, finnish player ... she's beaten a french girl on the first round by the way :(. French tv showed a few minutes of this match. Maybe she'll play on a grand court the next match! Go Emma, I just can' stand V.Williams :mad:

Yeah, Emma is doing better and better... tho I doubt her beating VW :lol: But you can always hope, right? :D

Joy22 said: I never heard anything about a French paper accusing Nadal, Corretja and Ferrero of taking EPO. When was that written?
It was a newspaper called "Le Journal du Dimanche" so I suppose they published it on Sunday.They just said that Nadal was very strong and Ferrero and Corretja had done it very well so maybe it was because the EPO.They said that without any proof and when the journalists asked Ferrero about it he was very angry and insulted the guys who had written the article.

Hormiga said:
Joy22 said: I never heard anything about a French paper accusing Nadal, Corretja and Ferrero of taking EPO. When was that written?
It was a newspaper called "Le Journal du Dimanche" so I suppose they published it on Sunday.They just said that Nadal is very strong and Ferrero and Corretja did it very well so maybe it was because the EPO.They said that without any proof and when the journalists asked Ferrero about it he was very angry and insulted the guys who wrote the article.

You know what, I'm really ashamed of french journalists :rolleyes:. It's cowardly to say that without any proof as you said. Maybe there're jealous cos Nadal is much better than Gasquet and Monfils, and jealous of Spanish tennis in general...Spaniards often win big tournaments and Grand Slams particularly whereas the French don't.

h_h_safin_20060529_01.jpg
GO MARAT!

Ok, that clears everything up. Thanks Hormiga. I couldn't imagine Ferrero getting real angry, especially not in a press conference but now that I've read the whole story I can understand why he was mad. I just don't get why journalists make stories up. If you have proof that these players are using then write about. Don't assume, that's not part of your job description :mad:

And I second what Kimi said, GO MARAT!!!!!!! Awesome picture by the way ;)

Well, NO COMMENT...I'm so depressed tonight :(

Second round today with Gasquet/Nalbandian...hey I just can't choose who I'm gonna support. Ferrero is scheduled, hey Joyce each time I see Ferrero, I think of your mother :D. I won't even talk about 'you know who', I'm already upset :mad:.

just heard roddick got injured and retired from his first round match...i didn't expect him to go far on clay anyway, guess i'll be rooting for james blake now

gasquet/nalbandian, that looks like the match to watch, too bad i'll be working tomorrow :(

kimi said:
Second round today with Gasquet/Nalbandian...hey I just can't choose who I'm gonna support.

Oh, I know who I'm going to support :lol: No offense to Richard, I know he's your countryman but it's Nalby all the way! Don't want my fave to lose in the second round of course. I don't have to work today so I'm rooting for him as loud as I can :D

Ferrero is scheduled, hey Joyce each time I see Ferrero, I think of your mother :D.

She would be proud if she read this :lol: She keeps saying that you don't need to be young to love that man and my dad just shakes his head and prays for the tennis season to be over :lol:

Last thing, I really hated Marat losing yesterday. It wasn't unexpected but it's always tough when a good player leaves in the first round. Also, poor Andy.

Back