Tennis

kimi said:
And YES I do agree with you on Agassi! Finally someone who shares my opinion.Thanks! All the people I know love him uh except me...I feel a bit lonely :rolleyes: but not anymore :D

I know what you mean, I've had so many discussions with people who don't understand why I don't absolutely love Agassi. I don't hate him, I just don't love him either. He always comes across as someone who loves all the attention...like a moviestar instead of a tennis player and that doesn't really appeal to me.
And there is nothing wrong with having a little pride for your country. The French have enough reasons the be proud, Mauresmo being number one in the world and having a load of French men with a whole lot of talent. :)

Joy22 said:

I know what you mean, I've had so many discussions with people who don't understand why I don't absolutely love Agassi. I don't hate him, I just don't love him either. He always comes across as someone who loves all the attention...like a moviestar instead of a tennis player and that doesn't really appeal to me.
And there is nothing wrong with having a little pride for your country. The French have enough reasons the be proud, Mauresmo being number one in the world and having a load of French men with a whole lot of talent. :)

Yep,in France there aren't wonderful players, just good ones...but I won't complain about that! :D.The future of French tennis is Gasquet and Monfils.Do you realize they're the same age as Nadal but they don't play at the same level :(.Anyway as for Agassi,I agree he behaves more like a star than a tennis player.In my opinion, he isn't humble and simple enough.Safin for example is friendly with the ball boys, with the crowd he takes time to sign autographs and in press conferences he does his best to be in a good mood (even if it's not always easy I agree).A few years ago Agassi didn't want to go to a press conference just because he lost his match...that's not professional.And as you said "I don't hate him, I just don't love him either".

kimi said:
Safin for example is friendly with the ball boys, with the crowd he takes time to sign autographs and in press conferences he does his best to be in a good mood (even if it's not always easy I agree).

Well, Marat is not always a real prince either :lol: I watched his match against Almagro in Valencia on tv and he refused to shake his hand after he lost the match. It was a typical Safin thing to do, I found it somewhat funny, but the Spanish crowd was not that happy with the way he acted. In all honesty, it was a bit childish. But that's Marat, he is unpredictable and that is why we love him so much :lol:

Joy22 said:
It was a typical Safin thing to do, I found it somewhat funny, but the Spanish crowd was not that happy with the way he acted. In all honesty, it was a bit childish. But that's Marat, he is unpredictable and that is why we love him so much :lol:

Well, I haven't heard of that.Childish behavior, that's him all over! But I must admit I'm a bit biased when it's about Safin...one of my flaw :rolleyes:.The drawing is over now and IT SUCKS: Safin/Gonzalez on the first round wtf :mad: and imagine Clement/Federer (you realize there're 127 others players on the main draw and he catches FEDEX :mad:good bye Clement).Once more, this year it's gonna be hard for my faves (and for my compatriots paricularly) :(

The draw kinda sucks, doesn't it? I don't like Clement coming up against Federer because that means the poor guy will lose in the first round, I hate the match Gonzalez-Safin because I like them both and Nalbandian has the worst draw for a player seeded thirth. Wawrinka in the first round and a potential match with Gasquet in the second, following with Henman in the third. :(

Joy22 said:
The draw kinda sucks, doesn't it? I don't like Clement coming up against Federer because that means the poor guy will lose in the first round, I hate the match Gonzalez-Safin because I like them both and Nalbandian has the worst draw for a player seeded thirth. Wawrinka in the first round and a potential match with Gasquet in the second, following with Henman in the third. :(

Yeah it sucks :mad:.
First Clement, he won't even have to play...he's injured so he withdrew yesterday.
Secondly, Safin/Gonzalez I think this match will get on my nerves cos like you I like them both.
Thirdly, I agree Nalbandian doesn't have the best draw...I think he won't have any problems especially with his potential second round with Gasquet.Gasquet has been playing really bad the last months and he has a elbow injury..So don't worry, go Nalbandian!
PS:It could be a Federer/Nalbandian semi-final in the first half draw...mmmmm revenge of Rome semi!!

kimi said:
First Clement, he won't even have to play...he's injured so he withdrew yesterday.

You got to be kidding me? That means that Feds gets to play a lucky loser :mad: Well, he's in the second round for sure. Poor Clement, why do these things always happen to players that you like? :confused:

Joy22 said:

You got to be kidding me? That means that Feds gets to play a lucky loser :mad: Well, he's in the second round for sure. Poor Clement, why do these things always happen to players that you like? :confused:

Hey; no I'm not kidding you :mad:. That's getting on my nerves. Anyway, this year the tournament starts on Sunday and Nalbandian, Federer (I don't wanna talk about him anymore :mad:), Robredo and Moya are scheduled tomorrow, for the main matches. Roddick is still doubtful, he'll decide on Monday whether he plays or not. C'mon Andy, let's do it!

Yeah, I saw the schedule. I'm going away tomorrow so I asked my mom to keep me posted on how David is doing :lol: The other matches are cool but not that important. 'The one we won't talk about' will win and I'm sure the others will to. At least, I hope so :D

Joy22 said: 'The one we won't talk about' will win and I'm sure the others will to. At least, I hope so :D

'The one we won't talk about' LOL :lol:, hey Joy22 you made my day. Of course he's won, he always wins :(. Good news but you must already know it: Nalbandian's won in 3 sets :D,GO DAVID!
b_v_nalbandian_20060528_gal05.jpg

And you made my day by posting a nice picture of David from today! :D Thanks, kimi. :)
I read that 'the one we won't talk about' had a tough match but he always has those and somehow he always manages to make it to the final. Tomorrow is an exciting day, Nadal has to play and my mom is already bouncing of the walls because Ferrero will play. She had a thing for him :lol:

Joy22 said:
Tomorrow is an exciting day, Nadal has to play and my mom is already bouncing of the walls because Ferrero will play. She had a thing for him :lol:

Well, you mom has good taste :D...but I'm wondering: she has a thing for him but as player or as man? And why not both LOL :lol:. Nadal enters the competition today, Vamos Rafa!

ETA:'the one we won't talk about'(hey I like this nickname but we could find one better than this one!) wasn't really happy yesterday cos he didn't want to play on Sunday and he was compelled to.He said: " I requested not to play Sunday...Anyway, they decided to do it that way.That's grand slams. They don't listen to us as much as the other tournaments, which is unfortunate sometimes" ...I must be dreaming! If he wants, he can go back to Switzerland, I wouldn't mind ;)

Oi, I wonder how Jarkko and Emma will do this time :D I should watch since they show it on YLE24 :D

kimi said:
Well, you mom has good taste :D...but I'm wondering: she has a thing for him but as player or as man? And why not both LOL :lol:.

It's both. :D You should have seen her when she saw him in Rotterdam. It was funny and he kept looking at us, wondering: Why is the mum so excited and the daughter so calm? That's not the way it normally is. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, he is playing as we speak and actually lost a set to a guy named Del Potro so I don't think she'll be cheering him one for a whole lot of rounds. Pity, I like him too :(

And as for The One, a much shorter name I think. Yeah, I heard about his whining, he was all upset because he got to rest for three days now. Poor thing, such big problems..idiot :lol: At least Nalby didn't complain.

DaWacko said:
Oi, I wonder how Jarkko and Emma will do this time :D I should watch since they show it on YLE24 :D

I wish Jarko luck! Even if he has to play against the only Dutch player we have in the tournament on the mens side. Jarko is a much better player though so I hope he wins.

I agree about your mother having good taste about Ferrero,but lately he's not doing great things as before.

I think the final will be Nadal-Federer and Nadal will beat Federer again,Federer's face will be priceless,despite the fact that Federer got really trouble to pass yesterday.

Back