Teenage Thread 3- We Are the Tomorrow

got my science results back today for some tests i did in november :
biology - A* 48/50
chemistry - A 40/50
physics - B 38/50

slightly annoyed about the physics but im still happy with the results

I used to be annoyed about getting Bs...now I always get them :(. I had straight As all through lower and middle school, and then when highschool came, it felt like I tried my hardest but could never manage to get As...and I still can't :(. Something..changed...the people I used to think put no time into their homework, or didn't care about school are now getting the same grades I am, but I actually care about the info.
I think I just don't test well...
I mean atleast on the transcript for college it shows if you took highschool classes in 8th grade. I took:
French 1-A+
Algebra 1-A
Latin 1-A+
But now my latin grade is a B, math is a B+, I don't even want to talk about french it's so horrible.
No studying I do is working now either, ugh.

All my grades aren't as bad as I thought...

Band- B
Math- B
French- A-
Language Arts/English- B
Social Studies/History- A
Science- A

So ya, I have actually ok grades...Prolly because most of the work is butt easy!

In England, some schools do a modular GCSE from AQA; including mine and I took the modular for chemistry 1.a and biology 1.a. We also do something similar for modern foreign languages. Here are mine:

Chemistry: B <--my best subject generally! :)lol:)
Biology : A
German : A
French : A

I'm, quite happy with what I got; however, my general mark for science was 1 mark away from getting a general A on my certificate (if they were to print it right there and then). I've got loads more module exams to do though; so if I do better in my physics 1.a and biology 1.b then I can raise it to A-A* from there! :D

I've never been in this thread..my bad :rolleyes: ;)..

so how many times do you have exams for a school year?Here we just give exams at the end of the school year at the end of May-early June..

I get exams twice a year, In January after winter break, and then in May after Memorial Day Weekend. I think I like having to take exams twice though, because its basically 2 weeks off from actual school (review week included) and after the first exam is finished you don't have to remember that information for the final exam. You get a clean slate :)

i get them twice a year too. in january after break and then later in the year, may or june. i'm not sure yet because i'm a freshmen and this is my first year taking exams.

Luckys! We only get exams once a year, and they're on everything. It's impossible to study for because the stupid schoolboard. UUH I HATE OUR SCHOOLBOARD! They took a 6-minute recess we had and made it fifteen, and now we only get half the time we had last year for lunch, which makes it impossible to eat because a.) our cafeteria is blocked 24-7 because its tiny and we have almost 700 people in our school for 3 grades, and b.) the people are savages. I hate our school. It's welfare.

^ heyy i love your icon!

we have finals at the end of each semester- our first ones are Jan 30,31 and Feb 1 then the others are at the end of the year

Back