Teenage Thread 3- We Are the Tomorrow

What is homeschooling like? I know two people that have been homeschooled..One basically is a tennispro and reads one book a year and doesn't study...and the other one just gets tutors everyday at his house, and can wake up whenever he wants.
Haha I was just about to ask "what is taekwondo" :lol: but then I sounded it out. It's too late for me :p

Homeschooling is okay. My grandmother does most of it, my mom helps with math, which I can't stand!!!!
I usually have to be up by nine, sometimes ten. My brother is home schooled too. He doesn't like people, but I do. Taekwondo is like karate, I'm a 1st degree black belt.

Hahaha Taekwondo.Its too late for me as well. :lol: I homeschooled my whole life and it has gotten me no where.Talking to me is worse than talking to a rock.I have NO social skills at all.Its horrible. :rolleyes:

Any particular reason why you guys are homeschooled?

My parents wanted to send me to boarding school, and we even visited a few...I was so angry and I couldn't understand why they wanted to send me and all they kept saying was "you will have better opportunities there" and no matter how logical I was, they insisted I should go..until I used the guilt trip technique :D, but every now and then they bring it up, saying how much they hate the school I am in now :rolleyes:. But I could never survive in boarding school...I like privacy, and seeing too much of people can get very annoying.

Thanks, ineverysunflower, I made it myself.

Yeah, I enjoy the fact that in a public school, you get interaction and stuff, but you get to leave at the end of the day and go home. I'd hate having to see the same people 24-7. I think I'd go mad.

I was homeschooled until I left for College. It was really fun, actually, now that I think back on it. I used to wish that I went to school when I was little, but after I hit ten, I realized that I loved it at home too much. Except math. Math may parish.

Now that this is my second time in school though, I realize just how far away my school is from home. >.<

I really have no idea why Im homeschooled to be honest.Me and all my siblings were.Actually my sisters went to a private school until like 5th grade or something like that.I think my mom just thought we would learn more this way.(Totally didnt work for me!) Hah.

darx2mint4,whats wrong with a boarding school? I always thought it would be cool to go to one.In fact,I always begged my mom to send me!She never did of course :mad:

darx2mint4,whats wrong with a boarding school? I always thought it would be cool to go to one.In fact,I always begged my mom to send me!She never did of course
It just..isn't for me. I don't get homesick, but I would miss my freedom at home, miss my pets, and I'm just not ready for college before college. My parents just want me to go because they "didn't get to experience it as a child, so I should" even if I don't want to..
I just don't like permanent change...like when I came home from summer camp and our walls were painted different colors, I flipped :lol:. Oh and I couldn't go online anytime of the day in boarding school.
But I do admire poeple who want to go though; you are more mature and ready to leave home...

darx2mint4 said:
It just..isn't for me. I don't get homesick, but I would miss my freedom at home, miss my pets, and I'm just not ready for college before college. My parents just want me to go because they "didn't get to experience it as a child, so I should" even if I don't want to..
I just don't like permanent change...like when I came home from summer camp and our walls were painted different colors, I flipped :lol:. Oh and I couldn't go online anytime of the day in boarding school.
But I do admire poeple who want to go though; you are more mature and ready to leave home...

All very good points I guess.Although I wouldnt say im more mature and ready to leave home.I am FAR from being more mature than ANYONE :lol: I would like to leave home however since I hate living here more than anything.I do agree with all of what you said though.Im sure I would miss home and my pets too.People shouldnt make their kids do something just because they didnt get to do it.Like,people that make their kids play sports.I think that is really dumb.Oh,I flipped out at my mom too when she painted a few of the walls.I miss seeing all of my writing from when I was little all over them :( Also I would probably die without the internet....it seems to be my only interaction with other human beings. :lol:

i got my finals back :(

im grounded.
History- 48% F
English- 76% C
Spanish- 93% A
Algebra- 89% B+
Health- 86% B
Biology- 64% D

no phone and no seeing the boyfriend.

Hello...

I'm 16 years old, and I live in Chicago. I'm an avid fan of video games (Wii and PlayStation 2 is life), tabletop Dungeons and Dragons, and classical music, so in general I'm a five-star dork. I'm also a techie for the school theater and spend most of my time with the Tech Crew, whether there's an event to work or not. Obviously, I'm a big fan of CSI, though I also watch shows such as Bones, House, and forensic shows on CourtTV.

I look forward to chatting with you all in the future -
-RoboticMuffin27

Though I must wonder if anyone has put the pieces together...

To say it's amazing would be the understatement of the year. So far I've been completely addicted to Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which I think is the best in the LoZ series so far. Red Steel is also pretty fun, though I've had some issues with control. You see, the Wii-mote sensitivity takes awhile to get used to...But Red Steel is a little too sensitive. Overall, it's very fun, though. Trauma Center: Second Opinion is another great one, though I've only played that on my friends Wii. Alas, I have but three Wii games to my name so far: Red Steel, Zelda, and Wii Sports.

The interface is great as well...I just adore the Mii channel...I've made one of every family member and friend I can think of! The Photo Channel is rather amusing as well...and the Weather Channel is rather useful at times, though I just really like to spin the globe around and check the weather in remote regions of the world...

Thinking of getting one? I could rave on and on for hours about it, but I'll spare you...

im rather broke at the moment, too many good albums coming out, its my birthday in april, but im going to a lostprophets concert so i dont no how much more people will spend

Back