Tea and Scones ~ english thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you dont wanna go to london to study try leeds uni, university of central lancashire, sheffield,durham uni - supposed to be excellent there,and the nightlife is brill from what i have been told.

Don't go to London to study! There are much better places in the UK to go to.

Nooo not Durham. Not only is it as hard to get into as Oxbridge, there is NOTHING to do at night - they don't even have a cinema!

Come up to Edinburgh - we have it all. Haha. PLUS, if you don't know what to study, you can study all three for the first 2 years up in Scotland.

yeah manchester has it all! trafford centre, decent shops, decent nightlife but its full of mancs lol heard the uni is pretty good too

manchester is THE BEST place to go to uni. i went there and had the best time ever! loads of great bars and clubs.
(erm, the uni's there are great aswell)

omg cant believe i aint been on here since like a month. bad manda.
anyway weather is back to normal although unusually warm for september.

mmmmm nothing much has happened really, bad crash on the m62 last week, petrol prices are dropping like mad yay for supermarket wars.
and thank god the kids are back to school. although its a pain in a morning on the way to work, the amount of traffic has doubled.

i cant believe some 16 yr olds still get a lift to school off mummy, jeez. get the bus or walk.
anyway im mumbling yet again.
need a brew, and something to eat.

Well i am living in the pie capital of England at the moment, can you guess where i mean? No offence to anyone who lives here but i am only here thru work, thank god i travel alot otherwise i think i would go insane. Its like a whole different language up this way, very confusing!

yay. the english thread is back!! i was beginning to think eveyone had left...

where's the pie capital of england? i'm intrigued!

just on my 5th cup of tea of the day. i'm quite annoyed this morn cos i fell asleep watching csi:ny last night and didn't see the end. dammit!

Muzzy_Olorea said:
What are the odds of getting an official white Christmas this year?

White Christmas odds I don't think those odds are very good though, I'd probably give you 20/1 as I really can't see it happening. Either way, I find it tends to be a couple of degrees warmer in London than it is up north...and I'm not sure I can ever remember having a white Christmas. *sobs* ;)

I knew there must be an English thread somewhere, although maybe it should be British....tea and scones though, love it!

*pops in* Hi everyone! I'm not English... but I've always wanted to visit. Maybe someday when I'm rich, and can afford to travel.

:lol: A lot! I drink at least 10 a day. At work I have a 'tea buddy' and we make tea all the time.

I have recently started to drink different types of tea, and decaf earl grey on an evening. Tea is my absolute favourite drink, and I'm pretty sure that I couldn't survive without it! ;) I am a sad person who takes tea with me on holiday too (I also take marmite), you can never get proper tea abroad!

As you can probably tell, I really really love tea....

I'm with Elsie, I drink at least 10 cups of tea a day. So far today I've had 3. :lol:

I'm not much of a coffee drinker (only if I'm feeling really ruff), tea is defiantly my drink of choice. My whole family is the same, my Mums the worst, totally obsessed with tea. I get it from her. :lol:

^ Wow, you guys drink more tea than me :eek: :lol:

I only drink up to 6 cups a day, with water or fruit juice inbetween if I'm thirsty :) I'm not really keen on coffee, but I'll drink it if it's not too strong.

Me thinks Walliams and Lucas should turn our tea-drinking habit into a Little Britain comedy sketch somehow, lol. I'm sure they could come up with something funny :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back