"Targets of Obsession" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 11, 2011.

1. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree. Irwin was fabulous when his character was first introduced, but it's like he invested all his talent and ideas in that two-parter, figuring he was a two-and-done . . . but then the writers decided otherwise, and now he doesn't have anything left to give. Of course, it helps to have a good script to work with, and I don't think even the best actor could elevate the kind of writing he was given. Neither hubby nor I were impressed with this episode. It was predictable and completely lacking in dramatic tension. Too bad.

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Desertwind, from my understanding Haskell give a signal to his 'wives'. He kept pulling at his sleeve. And in the end his wristband was switched with the other inmates... So something along those lines. My guess is that someone in the PD is in on it. Similar to Warrick's murder. That's the only way how an inmate switch could be made without making the LVPD look pretty stupid.

Which brings me to Vartann's statement of Jason or whomever set the bombs was smarter than him. :lol:

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I loved it when Haskell-fanatic #1 shot Haskell-fanatic #2... The things people will do for serial killers.

4. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

There were a lot of bloopers in this one, and they all seem to be Catherine related.

1. When Vantann and Kip arrive, and they go int to the warehouse, Catherine isn't wearing her holster. But once they are inside, she has it.

2. When Nick is moving Vartann, in one shot, Cath is holding Lou's jacket, in the next she's not, then again she has it.

3. When Nick and Cath are talking at the hospital, Catherine's scrape on the side of her face seems to have magically disappeared from 10 seconds before. I'm guessing that they filmed the hospital stuff over two days, and didn't bother doing the makeup because they figured they could film from Marg's left.

I'm horrible at catching bloopers, and I've seen three so far. Seems like lazy editing to me.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'll add one more then. :D In the warehouse in one closeup shot Nick puts his gun into his holster, and in the very next long shot he has it out and is putting it in holster again.

I agree tho. I mean, someone gets paid to catch those things.

6. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Lol for some reason the jacket one really annoyed me, it seems like it's the sort of thing most people on set would naturally be aware of and therefore find it pretty easy to catch this stuff.

In the case of nick re-holstering his gun, that always seems to happen in tv, they must notice it when they edit the show :lol:.

They should pay these people on a commision basis, catch a blooper and we'll give you a dollar!

7. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Just picking up on those bloopers there... Is it just me or does there seem to be a tonne of continuity errors throughout this season compared to past seasons??

8. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I'm really curious why Cath's scrape magically vanished. Like I said before, they might have just done it over two days and it may have been too much of a hassle to do the makeup again/too hard to position the wound in the same spot. I also know that people with fair skin like Marg are allergic to a lot of makeup, so maybe that was the issue too.

On a side note, I love how Vartann would give Nick a look everytime they got bad news. Like when Cath discovered the second sensor and Kip blew the dust over it, he kept looking at Nick. Then when Kip said they had 14 minutes to disarm the bomb, he gave Nick a look again. I love how Nick just shrugs, like "Sorry?" I don't know if that's something that was in the script, or if Alex was told to do it, but it did make me laugh.

Then again I'm very easily amused. :lol:

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

OMG, thank's ladyhunter I never thought of that, maybe your right, that someone in the PD is in on it, it was way to far-fetched and I can't imagine that happening in a real life scenerio. And so the saga continues:wtf:

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I've noticed more. Maybe new editors? Or they just don't care anymore. :lol:

11. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Lol i noticed that as well, kept making me laugh, especially when kip said 14 minutes and BOTH Vartann and Catherine looked at Nick. There was really great interaction between the four of them in the warehouse, it's a shame Kip died :(

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

In case anyone is interested, this a link to You Tube where there are quite a number of videos of Justin Bieber being shot. Some have taken it upon themselves to...uh..improvise on them.

Just a thought, I found the shooting scene very harsh because..well..he's a kid. Nick shot a kid. That just seems really wrong..but that's just my opinion.

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Kids kill all the time. Jason pulled a gun, not to mentioned bombed and killed people and the police and Nick acted appropriately. Doesn't mean they won't have to deal with what they did, they will.

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Also according to either Warrick or Nick (long enough ago that I don't remember what episode!) the police are taught to empty the magazine. Their life as well as someone elses may just depend on it.

And as Speedy said they will have to deal with it. Brass, Nick, Greg and the uniformed officers will have to go to at least 2 sessions of therapy. (as for us seeing anything about that in upcoming episodes... who knows!)

Susan

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Jason pulled a gun AND shot an officer as well, before being gunned down.