TalkCSI LPS #1: Challenge 7 - Texture - FINAL RESULTS UP!

Re: TalkCSI LPS #1: Challenge 2 - Curves

*facepalm*

I have to use my pass for this round. Dang work doesn't give me any free time.

Good luck, everyone! :)

CHALLENGE 2: Curves – Voting

~ vegaslights, CSIVegasMiamiNY, DaWacko and EricaSJ are using their pass for this round.

Please read this post carefully before voting.

[1] Vote for the top 3 of least quality. You need to include a valid reason for each vote, otherwise it won't be counted.
[2] Any member of this board may vote.
[3] The photographers with the top two number of votes will be eliminated.

Here are some examples of good reasons:

31: The photo is overexposed
44: The subject is slightly blurry
59: Not enough contrast (between colours and/or shapes)
63: Ineffective composition
75: The photo has too many elements/no main point of interest
57: Lack of texture

Examples of bad reasons:

44: I hate the colours in the photo (personal preference)
63: The photo is boring

Here are the photos:

Curves 01
Curves 02
Curves 03
Curves 04
Curves 05
Curves 06
Curves 07
Curves 08
Curves 09
Curves 10
Curves 11
Curves 12
Curves 13
Curves 14
Curves 15
Curves 16

~ Please PM me straight away if you don't see your photo

Tough choice!

8 - The picture looks distorted and the person is distracting
14 - The subject looks odd because it isn't on the photo completely
2 - The picture is very dark

02 - the photo is too dark
14 - the object isn't completely centered in the picture
15 - the photo appears a little blurry

Great pics y'all!! Fantastic job!

08: The other photographer is a distraction. It draws all my attention. I can see curves as well, but it kind of ruins the picture.

10: I assume waves present the "curves" but those are kind of on the "background".The beach and trees are in horizontal line and it's that straight line tha caughts my attention - not curves.

13: Yes...there is few curves but... what is it? (I am probably a blonde) It's odd somethingsomething and because I cannot figure it out, it's almost as you take a paper and draw a curve to it and send that. I don't want to offend, it just doesn't... work.

08: The picture seems distorted and the other photographer is too obvious

15: The pic appears blurred

16: The pic is slightly blurred

Great photographs everyone, it was really tough to choose. :)

13: There's no obvious focus to the photo and I can't tell what it's of which leads me to question its relevance.

08: The focus is on the other photographer, particularly his hand and it's a distraction.

15: Photo is blurry.

08: Picture seems distorted. There is no clear focus, and the other photographer is distracting

02: Photo is too dark, slightly fuzzy. At first glance, it is hard to see what the photo is actually of

10: while this is a very pretty picture, the focus does not seem to be on the curves. They are too much in the background.

08-The post is too angular to be considered curvey and there are too many distractions in the picture. Are we supposed to be focusing on the other photographer or the post? Its unclear.

02-Its too dark. I also found the points too angular.

16-While interesting, its out of focus.

Great work everyone.

Wibble- How long will voting last and when will you be putting up the next challenge? Any idea?

8 - its hard to tell what the forcus of the picture is, at first i thought it was the other person, but then realised the theme and that it was the wall behind them, the person is distracting.

15 - it is out of focus

14 - there is too much going on. there are way too many straight lines and chunky things, that distract from the curves

good luck everyone

Great photos everyone! :D

It's really interesting to see how we all interpretted the theme this time. Most people had a similar idea about tranquility but this theme has very few similar photos.

I hate this part but here goes:

8 - The pillar seems somehow distorted and is blurry at the top and bottom. I cannot tell whether the main focus is meant to be the pillar or the other photographer.

2 - The photo is too dark, especially in the bottom third.

14 - The main subject is not properly centered in the photo - it appears cropped at the bottom.

Sorry guys! Great photos nonetheless.

Gah! My last vote was meant to be in relation to photo 14 not 3! Because I chose photo 2 in second place, I inadvertently went numerical and then put 3 next! Sorry - I have edited.

13 - A little too abstract; not sure what it is.

16 - Slightly out of focus.

15 - Lacks sharpness.

Really tough choice guys! There are some creative ideas on here!

8- Blurry and I can't really see what's in the photo. I actually think the photographer is a nice addition, it creates a sense of realism, humanism but it takes away what else is in the picture.
15- A little too blurry
13- A little blurry and hard to tell exactly what it is in the picture. It looks like a building structure obviously bu there's not enough of it in the picture

*bounces in* I love all the pictures :D But if I had to choose....

8 - I'm not really sure what the main focus of the photo is. The post or the person.

16 - A bit too blurry

2 - There's darkness and the edges of the building are slightly blurry.

Back