Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

Hello all. Kinda new here, been lurking at but not posting. I really love all the L&O shows. I even watch reruns on USA, TNT and Bravo. I'm definately addicted. SVU is my favorite and I really be very glad when Olivia gets back. I'm not too keen on Det. Beck. She's okay, but she doesn't really mesh well with the others. At least not to me. Unfortuanately I think Elliot and Beck are gonna hookup for a bit. Not too sure how I feel about that. I like the new editions to CI and L&O. So far the season is shaping up to be pretty good.

2. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

Does anyone know what the episode is that deals with human trafficking? I'm not sure if it was SVU or the regular law and order but I was wondering what episode it was.

3. toomuchovertime

toomuchovertime CSI Level Two

Totally! It rocks!

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Is this the ep you mean Season 5 "Ritual"?
    "The discovery of the torso of a 7-year-old Nigerian boy leads Detectives Benson and Stabler in search for a rogue Santeria practitioner reviving the old traditions of human-sacrifice. However, when the Detectives discover that the sacrifice could have been staged to hide a sex related homicide, they uncover an illegal slave smuggling business.

5. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

^Yes Destiny I believe thats the one! :) Thanks for that. I need to see if i cant find it on DVD now.

6. Destiny

No Problem glad I could help, thing is with L&O some shows have similar topics with different storylines, so which the subject was brought up I searched all three shows to be sure and picked the one closest to what you were asking.

7. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Hi, I'm new here :D

I'm watching s4 of L&O:SVU, but I've read some things about the newest season. So isn't Mariska Hargitay in the new episodes? That's because she's pregnant right? Will she return in this season? when?

Thanks a lot!!! :D

8. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Mariska is going to be back in the Early November episodes.

You all might want to check out the blogs on NBC.com , they have some insight into future episodes. I recomend reading Dick Wolf's about there original plan for a movie.

9. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

MOVIE?!?!! I hadn't heard about that... heading over to NBC.com... Thanks for the 411...

10. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

Law and Order: SVU and Criminal Intent are my favorites. :D

When it comes to Beck, sometimes I kinda like her, but then there are other times where I don't think she's not a good fit. For the most part I'm still pretty neutral about her, but she's S L O W L Y winning me over little by little. But I'll be very happy once Olivia returns. :)

11. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I think Olivia comes back either Oct. 31 or Nov. 7. I saw the promo on NBC.

12. Destiny

Mariska returns on 10-31 in the ep "Infiltrated".

Spoilers From the Futon Critic.

CI 10-24: #505 "Acts Of Contrition" (Repeat)

A former beauty queen (Guest Star Liza Minnelli) whose daughter, Amberleigh was found murdered on Halloween night 1992, is thrown back into the public eye when a pedophile in exile confesses to her murder. Detectives Goren and Eames aren't convinced it's that easy and re-question the mother, who was originally accused of the crime, as well as her informative, best-selling author neighbor, Nate Royce (Guest Star Bill Irwin).

SVU 10-24: #722 "Influence" (Repeat)

Det. Benson still deep undercover in Oregon as "Persephone James" is called upon by ADA Novak (Dianne Neal) to help present evidence that will strengthen the case against a brutal rapist. This case will have a dramatic impact on Benson's critical work in Oregon, but intimately, her testimony in the rape trial will lead her back to the Special Victims Unit.

Original 10-20 "Public Service Homicide" (See above posts for spoiler.

13. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Now, there's ripped from the headlines case. It seems a bit tastless given how recently the real case reappearted. I say they should have waited at least another six months.

14. keich

keich CSI Level One

I love SVU. The ADAs (Cabot and Novak) kick some serious ass.

Is the DVD for the 7th season out? I have seen all the episodes in this season except "Fault", and from the reviews I've read that eppy rocked!! I would really love to see that episode.

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

It's oneof their best epiode, you should get it on iTunes. The episode would cost about two dollars, an you can watch it on your computerin case you don'thave a video iPod.