Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

CI and SVU premieres are tonight! I'm excited. Probably slightly more for CI because I've read more spoilers about it but SVU looks really good, too.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

From the "Futon Critic":

When the body of a former Ambassador's daughter is found brutally murdered in her uptown home, Detectives Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio) and Eames (Kathryn Erbe) question a jealous ex-boyfriend. But when another body shows up with a similar crime scene, Detective Goren's old mentor (Guest Star John Glover) and his daughter (Guest Star Martha Plimpton) suddenly return to warn of a past serial killer back on the loose. The search gets personal as a member of the Major Case Squad is kidnapped. Eric Bogosian also stars.

SVU Season Loaded with Stars. *Some Spoilers*
    <Snip>
    The series, boasts some heavy star power this fall when, Jerry Lewis, Connie Nielsen, Leslie Caron, Brian Dennehy, Robert Vaughn, Marcia Gay Harden, Gregory Harrison, Betty Buckley, Deborah Raffin and Paget Brewster make guest starring appearances.

Last season boasted gripping storylines and powerful guest starring performances from Rebecca De Mornay, Natalie Cole, Lou Diamond Phillips, Anthony Anderson, and Chris "Ludacris" Bridges.

FBI agent Star Morrison (guest star Marcia Gay Harden) reappears on the scene, where alleged rape victim Haley (guest star Kristen Bush) refuses a rape kit. Benson learns that Haley is an FBI informant whose ex-boyfriend is a radical environmental rights advocate. In order to foil the group's terrorist activities, Benson goes undercover to further investigate.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online Entertainment News column:

A Jerry Orbach-athon
    In honor of what would have been Law & Order star Jerry Orbach's 71st birthday, TNT is throwing a monthlong "I Love Lennie" celebration. Starting Oct. 2, the cabler will air every L&O episode featuring the actor, including back-to-back episodes on Mondays and Tuesdays at 8, and daytime airings at 2 and 3 pm/ET.

4. Destiny

Wow okay all I can say is Both shows were great to a point.

CI: The new captain I am reserving judgement since it was his first ep but give me a break, his attitude was nausating advising Eames to "Keep and eye on Goren" sorry I thought even though she is senior partner that they were partners, she looked like she was itching to smack the crap outta him. I agree with the captain on one thing, he is not Deakens. I don't mind change but when you go from easy going to pompus, arrogent, ect. just too much to fact, Fav line:
    Eames: He (the capt) wants me to keep an eye on you.
    Goren: Let me know if you need help with that.
    The overall storyline, Kathryn Erbe (Eames) showed great strength and a touch of femaly Macgyver going on there lol I loved it, and Gorens concern for her Vincent did great. -- Thing is I figured out it was the daughter about the time Eames was taken, I mean who would be close enough to the father to plant her cell on him and I am sorry but it was too easy for it to be the father.

SVU: Well now this ep kinda left me cold it was great to see "Star" back but I don't know this whole undercover thing, I know "Mariska" need an out for maternity leave, but it felt to rushed, they imo lacked some info in there and while others picked up the slack of that lacking info the show alternated. I don't know it would seem to me that since Elliot was in the hospital that someone from the squad would visit, including Benson, granted she was helpping the FBI but that hasn't stopped her before.

If I had to give a rating out to each (1 being bad - 10 being great)
    CI: 9 (the captin sunk the 10 mark for me)
    SVU: 7 (to rushed in my opinion)

[Spoilers from the futon Critic Next 2 Episodes]

Keith Cooper (guest star Anton Yelchin) is no stranger to his dad's womanizing ways, but when Dr. Grant Cooper winds up dead after his motorcycle is found sabotaged, Detectives Logan and Wheeler (Julianne Nicholson) find a private collection of the Doctor's personal conquests. When Keith's high-school teacher, Danielle (guest star Anne Dudek) shows up on one of tapes, the Detectives assume her jealous husband is to blame. But the case takes a major turn when the Detectives find Danielle in the arms of her under-aged student.
    The brutal slaying of a teenaged party girl who was the step-daughter of a local police officer has Detectives Goren and Eames sniffing around her past party scene. But when cell phone records and an ex-boyfriend point the Detectives toward the murdered teen's married boss, a supermodel's (Guest Star Brooke Shields) husband, a steamy affair is revealed and angry family members show their wrath.

Dets. Stabler & Fin investigate when two high school kids, Connor (Daniel Farcher) & Janey (Betsy Hogg), Disappear from a Field Trip to a Museum. - They later discover Connor was attempting a fake kidnapping plot, and Janey has gone off with the family's much older driver. In this episode, Stabler meets his new partner NYPD Warrants Officer Dani Beck (guest star Connie Nielsen who begins a 6 episode arc) Betty Buckley returns as guest star attorney Colette Walsh.
    Dets. Stabler & Beck are unable to build a rape case against a suspect until (Guest Star Leslie Caron) comes forward. - Collected evidence leads detectives to a surprising suspect, Martin Trenway (guest star Charles Shaughnessy, a distinguished lawyer. Charges are pressed against him, but later dismissed due to insufficient evidence. However, a difficult and an emotional meeting with an older French woman Lorraine Delmas (guest star Leslie Caron) is able to break open the case.

5. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

you all nbc law and order svu site and ci had the producers answering questions i didnt really go look at the ci but i did for svu and there are a bunch of spoilers and dick wolf will be blog and answering tomorrow after the mothership airs

6. Destiny

Tonight is the night for the original, I have to tape it west coast time (I love directv lol). Okay will edit when I see it, unless I bypass the 24 hr mark. :)

7. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Destiny, I'm not going to give away any spoilers about the episode. I will tell you that he story is very different from anything you'd expect, and the series seems to have gotten lighter like CSI NY did in season two. I think you'll enjoy it.

I do have some thing else to say but I don't want to give it away until you see it.

8. Destiny

Thanks I watched it off an on, which meant since I had to tape it at 1 am my time (Est), I kind of feel asleep, woke up, back to sleep. Just glad I taped it. Still have to watch it.

Spoiler for the next two eps from the Futon Critic.
    An internet posting of a slashed soccer mom provocatively dressed provokes a slew of 911 calls which leads Detectives Ed Green (Jesse L. Martin) and Nina Cassady (Milena Govich) to the crime scene. But something is amiss; the clothes and the shoes don't fit the victim. In what appears to be an open-and-shut case, the suspect - a schizophrenic - is arraigned by A.D.As Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston) and Connie Rubirosa (Alana De La Garza) but further investigation into a popular online social networking site leads to the real culprit.
    A young girl is killed while walking with her mother when an Upper East Side brownstone explodes. Detectives Ed Green (Jesse L. Martin) and Nina Cassady (Milena Govich) quickly determine that faulty wiring is to blame and their investigation leads to the building owner's ex-wife. But with only circumstantial evidence, it's difficult for A.D.A.s Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston) and Connie Rubirosa (Alana De La Garza) to prove their case.

ETA: Okay I watched it, and loved it, so Fontana retired, and its mentioned in passing, I love the way the did that. "Milena Govich" as Nina did excellent as the newbie on the board, I think that Anita pushed her a bit harder then the rest not just because she had to know she could take what they deal out in homicide and she proved at least a little bit that "Yeah, I can handle it". :lol: loved the gesture she gave the photographer.

"Alana De La Garza" Connie she is the total opposite from her Csi Miami character, gone is the innocent, tragic, beauty, and in is the confident, smart, funny New yorker that knows her stuff. "Got straight A's on my report card" lol that was funny. She fits right in there with the DA's office.

Neither actress seemed at all uncomfortable considering they have come on a show in its 17th season, they didn't seem really like the new kids on the block but rather a comfortable fit into the cast, Here is hoping they stick around for a while.

The episode, I liked how it was handled they did a rip from the headlines but they only used the parts that were needed to make the story real but at the sametime able to make it creative writing.

9. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

Yesterday I saw the new SVU episode. The new girl irritates me in some way. I not really like her. Any news on when Mariska will be back?

10. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I think Mariska is supposed to be back in early November episodes.

11. Destiny

Mariska Is suppost to be gone for 6 episodes, returning around Oct 24th or Oct 31st. (But that was before her father passed away, so I don't know if that will change her schedule.)

CI, SVU and Orginial, Spoilers from the Futon Critic

THE STABBING DEATH OF FIREFIGHTER UNLEASHES MAYHEM WHEN SEXUALITY OF THE VICTIM COMES INTO PLAY -- When a New York fire fighter is found stabbed to death, the ensuing investigation and questioning launches Detectives Logan and Wheeler into a brawl with the fire department. Through flashbacks, the Detectives learn that the victim, fire fighter Ian Duffy, helped break up a hate crime but was subsequently found stabbed to death right afterwards. As they investigate Ian's past through his wife Claudia (guest star Nina Siemaszko) and colleague Brendan Keele (guest star Geoffrey Nauffts), the Detectives learn that Ian's sexuality may have cost him his life.
    MURDERED BROTHERS FROM A WEALTHY FAMILY HAVE DETECTIVES INVESTIGATING A POSSIBLE INSIDE JOB-- The Copeland brothers are nothing alike -- Adlai (guest star Will Kempe) is successful and a true gentleman while Ted (guest star Paul Fitzgerald) is irresponsible and difficult. So when Detectives Goren and Eames find a poisoned Adlai with his wife still clinging to his corpse, they suspect it wasn't an accident. But when Ted also turns up dead after the Detectives find he forged documents, they begin to take a closer look inside the family.
    A SENILE HOMELESS MAN (GUEST STAR JERRY LEWIS) SHOCKS ONE OF THE SVU DETECTIVES - When mother and daughter are brutally raped and murdered, it seemed too much for Warrants Officer Detective Dani Beck to handle as she begins to crack under the pressure. However, when their number one suspect, Andrew (guest star Jerry Lewis), turns out to be detective Munch's Uncle, the case twists into something that none of the Special Victims Squad had imagined.
    WHEN AN ASSAILANT RAPES HIS VICTIM TWICE, DETS. STABLER AND BECK LINK THE CASE TO VICTIMS OF MULTIPLE RAPES. Based on the timeline of those subsequent attacks, Dr. George Huang suspects the rapist has one disturbing motive for these crimes. Tensions flare between the detectives as they make a difficult decision to help bring in the dangerous perp.
    MIDDLE EASTERN MAN IS KILLED IN WHAT APPEARS TO BE A HATE CRIME - RICHARD BROOKS GUEST STARS - A young Middle Eastern man is killed on camera in what appears to be a hate crime. Detectives Ed Green and Nina Cassady quickly learn that prior to the murder the victim had made a frantic 911 call to the Joint Terrorist Task Force and Detective Henry Paulsen (guest star John Viscardi), who joins in the investigation. Once the suspect, Ben Faoud (guest star Bernardo Pena) is apprehended, A.D.A.s Jack McCoy and Connie Rubirosa succeed in convincing the F.B.I. that the suspect should be tried for murder. Faoud then hires high-power defense attorney Paul Robinette (returning guest star Richard Brooks), who demands the case be thrown out.
    TABLOID NEWS SHOW "HARDFOCUS" OUTS PEDOPHILES AND ONE OF THE ACCUSED TURNS UP DEAD -- Carl Mullaly (guest star A.J. Handegard) is found dead in his Upper West Side apartment after being "outed" by the news magazine series "Hardfocus," which was trapping suspected pedophiles by having staff members pose as young girls. Detectives Ed Green and Nina Cassady quickly suspect Mullaly's neighbor Andrew Fleming (guest star Remy Auberjonois) because he has an eight-year-old daughter, but his alibi checks out. Fleming's daughter claims she saw a woman with Mullaly, who she identifies as his ex-girlfriend Hannah (guest star Zoe Lister-Jones) in the police lineup. Hannah claims self defense and it's up to A.D.As Jack McCoy and Connie Rubirosa to convince the "Hardfocus" producer to reveal the true culprit and motive.

12. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'm intrigued by the Jerry Lewis episode, I'm hoping for some good Munch scenes. It's great to see Richard Brooks returing, I wish he was still an ADA or could be on more often. Does anyone know why Tovah Feldshuh hasn;t been on recently. She played a goot defense attorney weho Jack respects, and is friends with as well.

13. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I love SVU. I can't wait till Olivia is back. I don't mind Dani Beck, I mean there's some scenes where I like her and some scenes where I just wish she would go away. What I took from last weeks eppy, it seems to me that Beck is even more aggressive than Elliot. I was glad to see lots of Fin though and I can't wait for Tuesday's eppy. I hope there's lots of Munch, he hasn't had a lot of screen time so far this season. Still from the previews it looks like it's gonna be great.

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I miss Olivia. And we haven't even go the new season over here in Aus yet!

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I was watching a recent episode of CI, and I realized something. Even though, like SVU, they use more than one set of detectives I realized what made the duller scenes better in SVU. I think that in CI there needs to be a couple of changes:
    1. Like in SVU when all the Detectives are in the squad room, have more friendly chatting going on.

2. Change up the partners once in a while. SVU has had episodes with

Munch & Fin
    Munch & Stabler
    Munch & Benson
    Fin & Benson
    Fin & Stabler
    Fin & Cragen
    etc

3. Maybe have a Nicole Wallace episode that starts as a Logan/Wheeler case, and have Goren join in the case. Maybe put Logan and Goren into interogation together.

That's really all I have to say about this for now.