Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

You're welcome, I know what you mean, I had a watching schedule all planned out and to be honest when the new seasons come up it always screws that up and makes me have to re-adjust it. :)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks destiny! I ll post my comment there!

3. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

this is sorta of somewhat off the topic but not really since it has to deal with mariska but we all can add August as mariska favorite new thing in her life!!!! Yes that is her son's name! I love the name for her son! Just wanted you all to know. They also have it listed on people's website

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Do any of you know where to find any Law & Order spoilers, not for Svu, but the original.

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I just saw that these two episodes were airing in the next few days. The episode Paranoia which has Khandi Alexnder as a guest star is airing on USA network at, 7/17 8:00pm and being shown again at 12:05am. On Wednesday 7/19 at 8:00pm the episode Folly is being aired it has Eddie Cahill as a guest star, it will be shown again at midnight.

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Just found more news for next season, it all about CI.

• Mr. Noth’s character will have a new partner, Julianne Nicholson of Conviction, who replaces Annabella Sciorra.
    • Jamey Sheridan is leaving but has not yet been replaced.
    • A new assistant district attorney Nona Gaye, who replaces Courtney B. Vance.

7. Destiny

‘Law & Order’ Meets the Law of Supply and Demand -- Which gives some more (along with the above) info to all three L&O's.

On page 2 of that 3 page article it says the following, that is definitly blunt but kind of funny.
    Mr. Wolf seemed less sentimental. When Ms. Parisse, whose character served as Mr. Waterston’s most recent sidekick, approached the producers last season to say she wanted to leave to pursue a movie career, Mr. Wolf said, his reaction was blunt. “It was: ‘Oh, thank you for coming in early. You don’t mind if we kill you, do you?’ ”

Also I thought I would add for those that didn't know that "Nona Gaye" is the daughter of soul singer Marvin Gaye.

ETA: If the link doesn't work you can put the title into a search engine and you can find the article no problem.

Also Adding in that the new cast or rather characters do have names now.

Orginial
    Milena Govich - Det. Nina Cassady
    Alana De La Garza - Ada. Connie Rubirosa

CI
    Julianne Nicholson - Det. Megan Wheeler
    Nona Gaye - Ada. Patricia Kent

SVU (Temp Replacement for Mariska)
    Connie Nielsen - Dane Beck (for 6 eps).

For more Show info you can find it at NBC Universal Media Village.

8. Destiny

I couldn't edit therefore.. I just copied some of the post above and added in that they did find and named the new replacement for Jamey Sheridan, I put it into the cast list below.

Also Adding in that the new cast or rather characters do have names now.

Orginial
    Milena Govich - Det. Nina Cassady
    Alana De La Garza - Ada. Connie Rubirosa

CI
    Eric Bogosian - Capt. Danny Ross
    Julianne Nicholson - Det. Megan Wheeler
    Nona Gaye - Ada. Patricia Kent

SVU (Temp Replacement for Mariska)
    Connie Nielsen - Dane Beck (for 6 eps).

For more Show info you can find it at NBC Universal Media Village.

9. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

i am happy to know nbc decided to give milena a different character. i guess they realized how upset we were that they didnt explain stephanie's character return for conviction i guess dick wolf like the conviction cast a lot as he put in 2 for replacements milena and julianne for ci. i might watch ci just for her

10. Destiny

More Changes for 'Criminal Intent'
    "Randle replaces Gaye as new DA"

In what may be the shortest stint ever by a regular on a "Law & Order" series, actress Nona Gaye has left the show only a few weeks into production.

Gaye, who was to have played a new assistant district attorney on the series, will be replaced by Theresa Randle, according to The Hollywood Reporter. She begins work this week and will shoot a few scenes for the season premiere, the bulk of which has already filmed.

She'll be one of several new faces on "Criminal Intent," which begins its sixth season in September on a new night -- Tuesdays, where it will be paired with "SVU" in a two-hour "L&O" block. Julianne Nicholson ("Conviction") has stepped in for Annabella Sciorra as Detective Mike Logan's (Chris Noth) partner, and Eric Bogosian ("Love Monkey," "Wonderland") is taking over the police captain's role from Jamey Sheridan.

Gaye ("The Matrix Revolutions") left the show over the oft-cited "creative differences," the HR says. Randle was hired quickly and for now is scheduled to appear in three episodes, with an option to become a regular.

In addition to the two "Bad Boys" movies, Randle's credits include the Spike Lee films "Malcolm X" and "Girl 6" and "Spawn." Her run on "Criminal Intent" will be her first extended work on a TV series.

11. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Apparently the names of the two new characters on the original show have been released.

ADA Connie Rubirosa (Alana De La Garza)
    Detective Nina Gafney (Milena Govich)

12. Destiny

If you see above I gave a list of all the L&O Shows Character names, from NBC Universal Media Village which gives "Nina's" (Milena Govich) last name as different.

Det. Edward Green -- (Jesse L. Martin)
    Det. Nina Cassady -- (Milena Govich)
    LT. Anita Van Buren -- (S. Epatha Merkerson)
    EADA. Jack McCoy -- (Sam Waterston)
    ADA. Connie Rubirosa -- (Alana De La Garza)
    DA. Arthur Branch -- (Fred Thompson)

13. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

What happened to Detective Fontana? I totally missed out on a few episodes last season, apparently. :(

14. Calihan

Calihan Captain

His depature is not explained at the end of season 16, mainly because he quit the show after everything had aired. I hope they mention something about his depature next season, and when they explain it I hope they can do better than retirement or transfer. I think maybe his charcter should have a heart attack or stroke something that happens, but hasn't been used often.

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Can you picture this dialog, borrowed from when D.A. Branch fired Serena Southerlyn?

Lt Van Buren: (to Joe Fontana) You're fired.
    Det Fontana: (pauses, shocked) Is this because I'm a lesbian?
    Lt Van Buren: No, no... of course not.
    Det Fontana: Good... that's good..