Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

Alana De La Garza new prosecutor on"'Law & Order"

<Snip>
    Hot off her recurring role on CBS' "CSI: Miami," Alana De La Garza is joining another crime drama, NBC's "Law & Order," as a regular. On "Law & Order," De La Garza will play a new assistant district attorney who will replace A.D.A. Alexandra Borgia, killed off in the series' 16th-season finale last month. Annie Parisse played Borgia for the past season and a half.

Representatives for NBC and series creator/executive producer Dick Wolf declined comment Thursday.
    De La Garza most recently played Eric Delko's (Adam Rodriguez) sister Marisol on "CSI: Miami."

2. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

destiny. I am so excited she is gonna be on law and order

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

What a good reason for Horatio to return to New York City.

Horatio: You look like my dead wife.
    Alana's new character: And you look like a former cop with the NYPD.

4. Destiny

Trivia this is cool for anyone who wondered about the characters, cross overs, Cast appearances, Longevity, Call backs, Before they were regulars, etc.

This covers all 3 shows, as well as actors/actresses from trial by jury.

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'm not a fan of having Alana De La Garza play an ADA on Law & order, honestly I hated her on Miami. But, I also hated the storyline of Horatio getting married, and I haven't seen her in anything else so maybe I'l actually like her.

Is it me or is having another female DA kind of overused and almost cliched. They had to add the two female charatcers in the early 90s, now they've proven that the crminal justice system has both competent men and women. I think it would be ok to now throw off the balence, and add another male ADA.

With Milena Govich playing a detective do you think Green will finally play lead detective. If you don't know what I mean by lead detective follow all the partnerships on the show.

Greevy & Logan - Greevy was the lead Det.
    Ceretta & Logan - Ceretta
    Briscoe & Logan - Briscoe
    Briscoe & Curtis - Briscoe
    Briscoe & Green - Briscoe
    Fontanta & Green - Fontanta

You follow now, do you think Milena Govich will play Jessica Rossi or do you think it'll be a new character. I hope she plays Jessica Rossi and giver her the backstory of being an ADA and wanting a new job in the NYPD/DA's office.

6. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

well i really like milena govich i cant remember if it was here or on the law and order section on the tnt message boards that said that they would like to see how they explain this one because she was an ada on conviction and now is a cop

7. Destiny

Actually I think when it came to Green and Fontana, that Ed was the lead det. Fontana I believe was a lead in Chicago before he came to NY. The reason I got that is because like with Brisco and Green, Lennie had to reign Ed in at first, and it seemed to me when Fontana showed up it was Ed who tried to reign him in at least that was the way I looked at it.

As to the female ADA I don't think its over used they tried it with Richard Brooks (Paul Rubinette) back when the show started, except at that time it was male dominated so much that there were complaints that it was considered a "boys club" then they decided to bring in the women ADA's and then LT.

Now It has a balance between the men and women: LT: Anita Van Buren, ADA: Female not named, Det: Not named. DA: Arthur Branch, Exe ADA: Jack McCoy, Det: Ed Green. Over the period of 16 years, they have had a total of 13 men in a regular role (lasting one season or longer) and 8 women. I think they are just trying to keep it from being the "Boys club" again but at the sametime really showing off a good balance.

As to Alana I think she will do a good job, she might have played the victim on Miami but she had imo an underlying strength that wanted to come out and she had to hold back.

I agree with Haylie it would be a stretch unless Melina Govich's character was in the police academy and opted for Attorney, then explain it with she went back, but even then that wouldn't explain being a detective. Lennie went from being a detective. to an DA's Investigator which did make sense. So I personally hope that they give they don't recreat her previous character but rather that they opt to start her fresh and create from there.

8. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

yea i think it would be smart to start her fresh. plus if they dont. i dont expect them to explain it as they didnt explain the cabot on conviction

9. Destiny

TVGuide Talks a bit about Big Changes Coming to Law & Order.

For its 17th season, the aging legal drama Law & Order will undergo an extreme makeover. The NBC warhorse moves to Fridays at 10 pm/ET in the fall and will add two new cast members, including — for the first time — a female street detective.
    After owning Wednesdays at 10 for more than a decade, L&O finally met its match the past two seasons against CSI: NY. Now NBC is going to see if the show will fare any better against another CBS hit, Numbers, on a night with lower expectations.

Notoriously brusque creator and executive producer Dick Wolf initially admitted he "liked the first schedule better," but he now says, "I'm sure we'll do fine."

Media analyst Steve Sternberg of Magna Global agrees. "NBC realized that the show isn't as strong as it used to be. However, it will probably do very well on Friday," he says. "There's room for two shows in that time period."

Major cast changes are also on tap following the departure of Dennis Farina, who played Det. Joe Fontana for the past two seasons. (Farina says he quit the show to focus on other projects.) Wolf quickly moved to hire Milena Govich to join Jesse L. Martin's Det. Ed Green on the police beat. Govich was most recently seen on Wolf's latest legal drama, Conviction, which NBC canceled after its mid-season tryout, and also had a recurring role on the FX drama Rescue Me.

Additionally, a new assistant DA — to be played by Alana De La Garza, fresh from her arc as Horatio Caine's ill-fated bride on CSI: Miami — will replace Alexandra Borgia (Annie Parisse), who was murdered in L&O's season finale last month.

Despite all the changes, Wolf is optimistic about Law & Order's future. "The new blood will refresh the show in the way it's been refreshed in the past, since we first added women to the cast in 1993," he says.

A ruling from the ultimate judges — the TV audience — should come in September.

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

"We are the champions - my friends
    And we'll keep on fighting
    Till the end
    We are the champions
    We are the champions
    No time for losers
    'Cause we are the champions of the World"

11. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

just read that destiny. i think Milena Govich as a female detective and the first one ever it says will defintely more then help the show. hopefully if they bring over her conviction character they explain how she went from ada to detective because i am still beyond upset they never explain how cabot came back.

12. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Tonight I watched on of my favorite Law & Order episdoes, it was the season 9 finale, Refuge. While I wondered what was everyone's favorite Mob/Mafia episodes. For this first Mob/Mafia poll, I'm only putting the multi-episodes mob/mafia episodes.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

hey there, i saw this thread and I had to post here...I am obsessed with Law and Order SVU and CI, not to fond of the original or the other ones. Like with every other show I watch, I tend to pair ppl up...(heehee, its my guilty pleasure) and while I understand that my hopes and dreams wont ever happen in these two shows, I still like to think about 'what if'. Iit is in my personal opinion that I think that Elliot and Olivia are darn cute together and season 7 was like :eek: and I DO NOT LIKE THAT STUPID MILLY CHICK!!! :mad:
    Anyway I also like Bobby and Alex, and then Mike and Carolyn together in CI.
    Now question, even though they most likely will never get together, who is your faviourate L&O couple?

14. Destiny

If you want to discuss favorite couples there is a thread Here for it. :)

Source: The Futon Critic - Series Returns:

LAW & ORDER: Season 17
    new time slot: Friday
    (projected) - 09/15/06 at 10:00 PM

LAW & ORDER: CI: Season 6
    new time slot: Tuesday
    (projected) - 9/12/06 at 9:00 PM

LAW & ORDER: SVU Season 8
    Regular Time Slot: Tuesday
    (projected) - 9/12/06 at 10:00 PM

15. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

oh thank you destiny for this. it is gonna be so weird watchin law and order on fridays as it is gonna be on when conviction use to be on and it is not wednesday anymore. they should start slowly doing the repeats on fridays and wednesday and slowly make the transition. if you understand what i am trying to say here