Talk Law & Order Here

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

It was a temp thing they needed some distance, and that lasted a couple eps, and all is happy happy again. While Mariska is out next season Connie Nelson will be taking over as stablers partner, her character doesn't have a name yet. But in those times with computer crimes they seem to patch things up and are back.

i still cant believe they changed the times. i know they are going to end up with law and order back on wed. at 10pm when they made it at 9pm on wed. for the show heist i heard a lot of people didnt like it that i guess someone complained or something and finally got it back to 10pm on wed. i think it is retard to have ci and then svu. i love svu and the original cant stand gordon on ci but i think it might hurt svu to have ci before it. i think it is stupid to have ci and then svu. it seems like overkill. nbc sometimes is stupid and clueless. yes i am saying this because the only reason i am still watching anything on nbc is because of law and order and svu ones. if it wasnt for them. i probably wouldnt have watched anything on nbc since may 6, 2005 when it was the series finale of third watch. yes i still hate nbc for cancelling it

SVU is the best show in the L&O series. They've had some really interesting storylines. CSI (Vegas) and SVU are the only shows I actually watch. I love SVU because Ice-T plays Fin Tutuola... I love that guy. He's so awesome. Ritual, Haunted, Raw, Strain and Venom are some of the best SVU episodes. :D

i love svu and the original. i only watch ci if i really want to watch tv and nothing is on

There's something that always bothers me on all three shows. Have you ever noticed that when someone is killed by mistake/mistaken identity thte person is always a saint. In the SVU episode Hysteria a woman is thought to be a prostitute and the first cops call it an "NHI" scene, when it turns out that the victim taught immigrants and underprivleged people to read, write, and speak English. Isn't this show supposed to be realistic, I mean not every innocent victim is a saint.

In that ep if I am not mistaken the svu dect. got ticked off when the person was called NHI (No Humans Involved), I don't think they turn out to be totally innocent saint wise, but its the old cliche, if your wearing something they don't deem "Approperiate" then they assume the person is a hooker.

What gets to me is the realistic part of thoughts, such as the example above if you wear something sexy and are partying or if your wearing something and you get raped then gee your either a hooker or you deserved it.

But the show does pretty good at pulling it off being pissed and carefully explaining to those who think that to find another thought. But I think the idea is that it doesn't matter if they are saints or scum the realism is in the way the fan interrepts the overall of the case. JMO.

They did the samthing in the Law & Order episode "Privleged" form season five, the couple who was killed owned a business and the one person they had to fire was grateful to them and everyone else loved them. I mean yeah they're showing how a mistake can be so wrong but they shouldn't do it every damned time.

Thats the problem with the phrase they use "Ripped from the headlines" then people automatically think its going to be real or similar to real-life. When they even admit that they are fictional but that the headlines (that are real) give them the idea's, to write an ep that paralles reality.

This is why I am glad they have that at either the beginning or end where it says about names, and such being changed. I get what your saying but I think they just want to balance out some good with what is bad, its worked for years and more then likely to them its more of a don't fix what isn't broken.

Dennis Farina to Leave 'Law & Order'
May 30, 7:46 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Dennis Farina is turning in his "Law & Order" badge. Farina has decided to leave his role as New York police Detective Joe Fontana after two seasons on the NBC drama to pursue other offers and projects being developed by his production company, his spokeswoman, Lori De Waal, said Tuesday.

The actor's movie credits include "Get Shorty,""Midnight Run,""Out of Sight" and the upcoming "Purple Violets" and "You Kill Me."

Dick Wolf, creator and executive producer of "Law & Order," said in a statement that he respected Farina's decision and looked forward to working with him again.

Farina's departure isn't the only change for "Law & Order," which has a long history of cast turnover. Assistant district attorney Alexandra Borgia, played by Annie Parisse, was killed in the season finale as she investigated a murder case.

Parisse was part of a succession of actresses playing young female prosecutors paired with assistant D.A. Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston), including Jill Hennessy, Carey Lowell, Angie Harmon and Elizabeth Rohm.

Farina had succeeded longtime series fixture Jerry Orbach, whose Detective Lennie Briscoe was to be featured in a "Law & Order" spinoff before Orbach's death in 2004.

There was no announcement of cast additions for next season, a "Law & Order" spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Finally, thank you God. I hated his character, I only hope that they can find someone better and have a more interesting background.

YES! errr sorry Farina fans, I am sorry but I just couldn't take him, he came into the role to much to fast after Jerry's leaving and it felt forced.

Not to mention they really never did clear up his background at one point there was a mention that they might investigate that he was on the take (fancy car, alot of money), then it was thought that he made the money with legit investments, then he inheritated it, never one idea was followed through. Thing is it didn't make him mysterious it made him even more annoying.

I like Farina but IMO he just was not L&O material, granted I was a big Orbach fan and his leaving left a hole in the show, and his death in the heart of alot of fans. But it was like they slammed Farina in there slapped a script down in front of him and said spin this.

I even thought maybe I was having Brisco withdraw (watching repeats along with the new), but that wasn't it, Jerry and Jesse, S, Jerry & Jesse, and heck going back the partners along with LT all had that comic relief the "who needs a script" way of doing things.

I wish Farina well, as well as Annie (whom I found to be very good in her role). It's amazing the two that came in at just about the sametime to take over for two leaving at the sametime are now leaving. I hope they put Jesse with someone who (pardon the comparison but) has the same rapport as he and Jerry did.

I hope the new ADA that comes in has the same comic, sarcasim as Abby Carmichael, Now she was cool when she was with their office. I would be surprised if they brought in a male ADA because when they had Richard on there, there were problems said to be on the set back in the early days because it was mostly an "All boys club" when they did away with that and balanced it out, I think IMO that it came to be more working together, rather then seeing the gap.

Again this is just my opinion, but I don't know how much longer I could have dealt with Farina in that role.

I only watch the original Law & Order now for Jesse Martin (ridiculously handsome). I only watch episodes of SVU so I can watch Ice T harass the people he arrests. As for CI, Goren may be a pain, but I love his unique approach to things. He's almost like the Grissom for L&O (and I love Grissom).

Here's something about one of the new cast members.

Dennis Farina is leaving "Law & Order" after two years, and will be replaced by Milena Govich, who played one of the assistant district attorneys on series creator Dick Wolf's short-lived drama "Conviction."

Milena Govich has appeared on "L&O" before in the season 16, ep 2 "Flaw" as "Geneva" Ep descript:

"When a man is found dead in an abandoned high-rise office space, Detective Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) is called upon when Detectives Fontana and Green discover her number displayed on the DOA's cell phone. The trail leads them to a money-laundering ring and two cunning women -- Lorraine Dillon (Lynda Carter) and April Troost (Estella Warren) -- who previously avoided conviction for fraud and extortion in case involving Benson. Later, when A.D.A. McCoy feels he pushes the persuasive Dillon too hard on the stand, it's up to A.D.A. Borgia to convince the jury of the duo's deceiving ways.

Back