Talk Law & Order Here

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

Not to my knowledge, in the ep in which Stabler gets shot in the arm (Season 7, Ep "Raw") he mentioned at the time that Kathy (his wife) had filed for divorce and that he had the papers at home and hadn't gotten around to signing them.

Thing is i don't think they are really going to go into personal stuff on the show in that way, especially now that Mariska (Benson) is pregnante in real-life and because they aren't writing it into the show (at last report).

Speaking of last report on that, on her official site on Jan 13, 2006 Mariska wrote in her blog to fans in some of it, it says:
Speaking of my pregnancy, some of you have written wondering how I am feeling... I'm LOVING every minute of it and am so excited to be a mom. I can't thank you enough for your well wishes and for sharing your own stories of motherhood.
Not sure if you've heard, but the producers have decided not to make Olivia pregnant, so I won't be in a few episodes. But don't worry, the writers are working on some really great story lines and there will be a special guest star filling in for me.

But otherwise i really don't think they will go that route, i think they needed to take out elliotts personal life (ie kathy and kids) so that it stayed more on the premise of the show. I think they actually care for one another but anything further.. i think they are just great friends, and personally i hope they stay that way.

I noticed a minor inconsistency in the original show.

In the second half of the Law & Order Homicde Life on the street crossover. The Baltimore judge casually mentions that Schiff's a Boston Red Sox fan.

I only noticed this because I'm a Sox fan through and through :), and I thought it was odd to have a new york charcter be a Sox fan

In the episode DWB Schiff makes a remark "The Red Sox would of had a better chance of messing this one up"

What's up with that?

thank you Destiny and quoth_the_raven! i was just curious.. yeah i actually did see that episode you were talking about. i missed some of it in the beginning though. It seemed pretty good.

In the episode DWB Schiff makes a remark "The Red Sox would of had a better chance of messing this one up"

What's up with that?
I am not trying to correct you but i found this info that might explain it.

Adam Schiff: For all you know, you don't know anything. Between Internal Affairs and you, the Red Sox couldn't have done a better job of botching it up!

At the time this episode aired, it had been eighty years since the Boston Red Sox had won the baseball World Series. They became well known for making it to the playoffs and losing.

Someone was wanting to know about the new CI additions, and also page 1 is when it mentions Vicents Exhaustion. Here are Snips from 3 quoted stories.
Consider this Law & Order: Criminal Intent case closed.
Series star Vincent D'Onofrio checked out of a New York hospital on Friday after being treated for exhaustion.
"He is resting at home and is expected to return to work on Law & Order: Criminal Intent this week," an NBC spokesperson said Monday.
The exhaustion diagnosis came after a battery of tests ruled out more serious ailments behind the actor's recent spate of fainting spells.
D'Onofrio, 45, first collapsed on Nov. 10 while rehearsing what a show rep called a "strenuous" stair-climbing scene.
He was hospitalized for two days and remained off the Law & Order: CI set for the rest of that week.
Then, late on Nov. 15, a day before he was set to return to work, D'Onofrio passed out at his New York home, prompting a second visit to the emergency room.
Doctors subjected the otherwise healthy actor to several tests, including an MRI, and didn't find any serious health problems. He was given the all-clear to go home on Friday.
In its fourth season, the Law & Order franchisee has been averaging a solid 12.4 million viewers opposite ABC's monster hit Desperate Housewives.
After a career-making role as a whacked-out soldier in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, D'Onofrio has racked up credits in The Cell and Men in Black. He has starred on Law & Order: CI since its 2001 debut.
============
Two other factors made Mr. D'Onofrio a candidate for fainting episodes that landed him in the hospital. One is the workload he carries. Hourlong television drama series are so notorious for their 14-hour days that lead actors sometimes have contracts stipulating that they will appear in a maximum of about 14 scenes per episode; Mr. D'Onofrio, a movie character actor with little television experience before signing up for "Criminal Intent," does not have that contract provision. While "Law & Order" and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" spread the work among an ensemble of actors, "Criminal Intent" leans more toward the traditional single-protagonist formula.

Mr. D'Onofrio and his co-star, Kathryn Erbe, who plays his partner, Detective Alexandra Eames, appear in about 28 to 30 scenes per episode, the show's executive producer, Rene Balcer, said, adding that "Vincent has a huge number of lines."

The other factor was a simple matter of personality. "To say that Vincent is hands-on would be an understatement," Mr. Wolf said.

When Mr. D'Onofrio was hospitalized and his health status unclear while tests were being run, Mr. Wolf confronted the possibility of having to change lead actors at a time when the show was being sold into syndication to the Bravo and USA cable channels for a record $1.92 million an episode. (Both cable channels are owned by NBC Universal Inc.)

Replacing Mr. D'Onofrio was "a frightening prospect," Mr. Wolf said, because it would have meant tampering with the mysterious chemistry that bonds a show with a large audience. Nonetheless, he made a list of candidates, "as anybody in their right mind would have." One of the possibilities included actor Chris Noth, who was a "Law & Order" regular in the early 1990's and was scheduled to be a "Criminal Intent" guest star in January.
=============
Source: Futon Critic
Entering its fifth season, the cast of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" will expand to include Chris Noth ("The Perfect Man," "Sex and the City") as Detective Mike Logan - the role he portrayed in the original series from 1990 to 1995 - and Annabella Sciorra ("The Sopranos") as Detective Carolyn Barek, a brilliant criminal profiler, as alternating series leads. The pair joins long-time partners Detective Robert Green (Vincent D'Onofrio) and Detective Alexandra Eames (Kathryn Erbe) and will split the caseloads, each team fronting eleven episodes this season. "It'll be more testosterone that you can shake a housewife at," said executive producer Rene Balcer.

Detective Logan (Noth) will be introduced as part of the Major Case Squad during the season premiere episode also guest-starring Olivia D'Abo as Nicole Wallace, Detective Goren's nemesis who returns once again in the midst of a drug-related murder. Detective Logan will be joined by his partner Detective Barek (Sciorra) for their first full episode the following Sunday, October 2 at 9-10 p.m. ET.

Thanks again, Destiny, I really dislike having the wrong information. I may have to search for the article that I read, but I'm thinking it wasn't online, it was possibly from a magazine or something. (so as not to confuse anyone, I'm referring to comments I made in the 'Which Law & Order Do You Prefer' thread)

;) No problem i got these from the futon critic and i believe (its been awhile) one might have been from the entertainment news i get on Yahoo.

Wow lots of posts. I'm not going to go read through all them. I like watching SVU and sometimes the original L&O but I don't watch CI to much it seemed really boring the first time I watched it. If I'm wrong please correct me.

I love SVU the most out of them all. Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni portray Benson and Stabler perfectly! And I think Diane Neal plays a pretty bad-ass DA ;)

Yep and to think alot of people were complaining about Diane joining the cast because she didn't have what they considered tv experience, and that she would be taking the place of Stephanie. I thought how wierd is that, she is good.

I'll probably start an angry mob here but... I cannot stand Diane Neal or Casey Novak. They both annoy me; I was a huge Cabot fan and still don't acknowledge Novak as the ADA. I know I'm weird.

Cabot is back on the show "convictions" but i respect your opinion, i mean at first i didn't like benson, but then after a while i started to like her.

I've been trapped in reruns from the early seasons. Bravo Canada has started back at the beginning a while ago (weeks? months? who knows?) so I can catch up on the ones of the original I've missed. That's a lot of episodes to get through. But it's fun

Law & Order Special Victims Unit Spoiler.

The rape of a woman leads Detectives Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Stabler (Christopher Meloni) to a terrorist group, reuniting them with FBI Agent Dana Lewis (AKA Star Morrison, Guest Star Maricia Gay Harden). Benson goes undercover with the raped woman to infiltrate the group, but ends up way over her head.

Also for those who do not know, or need a reminder, as of

March 22, 2006 Law & Order (the orginial) will now be on starting at 9:00 pm every wednesday night.

Back