Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

2 hr Law & Order Criminal intent tonight (Nov 6) all four of the detectives, working one case. So far very cool.
    9:00 pm est - 11:00 pm est.

2. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Did you enjoy the episode Destiny? I did. I was hoping when they brought Noth in there would be episodes where all four worked together.

I also enjoyed how the defense dug into the characters backgrounds so we got to see some personal information which is rare in this franchise. Eanes' letter being brought up by the prosecution was particularly moving.

3. Destiny

I loved the ep, the only problem is i was so tired that night that i feel asleep before the defense part, which sucks lol, last i remember vincent and chris were stand at the table side by side looking at this person and goodnight lol.

But usually they repeat the sunday eps friday's and i am checking now to see at tvguide online, for the 11th of nov it will be "Prisoner" with corbin bernson, and the 17th is listed as "Sex club" with Rosanna Arquette.

So i just have to keep looking for "In the wee small hours"

I am hoping to stay wake for tonights SVU ep, it sounds like it would be good but honestly last week was suppost to be this big "Detective gets shot" and it turns out that munch gets it in the tush and and stabler in the arm.
    I am like this was the "big" shooting, that guy at tvguide really needs to define big. :lol:

4. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I loved the L&O series. SVU is by far my favorite out of the three.

5. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

quoth_the_raven , I LOVE you banner! So cool!

I really only watch SVU. I cannot stand CI and the original seems too predictable.

On Saturday my cousin and I watched the SVU called '911'; First time for her, millionth time for me. She was crying! I was a little teared up but she was crying! *Pouts* Mish (Mariska) should've won the Emmy...

6. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

I love Chris Noth as Mike Logan, he's the reason why I fell in love with L&O in the first place, so I'm thrilled that he's now on CI. I'm also a huge fan of Vincent D'Onofrio, so it's the best of both worlds for me. I thought the 2 hour CI movie with all 4 detectives was really good as well.

I also love 'SVU' as well.

7. nickfreak22

nickfreak22 Witness

i love watching SVU every night but the last new episode was a sad on for Elloit (*played by Christopher Meloni). it looked liked he was about to start crying in the episode. it was very sad :( :(

8. csifreakaholic

csifreakaholic Coroner

Which one was that? Just curious. I probably saw it, but still ... Please? :)

9. nicklover

nicklover Lab Technician

Wow I am gald to see that other people like Law and Order too. Personally I watch SVU and Criminal Intent those are my two favorite.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Kathryn. Erbe. is. A. GODDESS.

I'm relatively new to the L&O franchise -- this summer I fell in love with SVU, but the new episodes are not really doing anything for me. I like the reruns on USA though.

I just started watching Criminal Intent, and I love it. As you can tell above, Eames is my favorite. She brings the snark!

11. Destiny

Holy holy holy i didn't know it but WOW :eek: Jesse Martin can sing, and he is awesome.
    That and now i know why when Det. Ed Green got shot, why he was missing for so long from the show. For those who don't he was doing the movie version of the play "Rent".
    I found out he could sing watching the "Ellen D" show, and they had the cast of "Rent" on there singing at first i was like hey he is familiar he looks like.. OMG and he can sing. :lol:

Even Ellen brought that up and he said that it surprised people to find out that both him and Jerry Orbach could sing, it was awesome that he mentioned Jerry like that, you could tell he misses him, and yet was proud of him.

Anyway Rent Then "Enter the site" then "The Film", you can get the symposis, cast, photo gallery, ect.

12. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

I miss Jerry. I miss Lennie...I didn't know that Jesse could sing, but....I digress...

Anyway...does anyone remember the Yates case, where the woman drowned her kids and blamed it on someone else, claiming that her car was stolen and it was driven into a lake? The jury had disbelieved her story and found her guilty and she was convicted, she said she got the idea from a Law and Order episode...

Well the conviction I think has been overturned because as it turns out, no such episode existed? Am I the only one who jumped up and pointed at the television to say "I KNEW IT!" ??? Because there are episodes kind of sort of close to that, but not like it...And I mean--why didn't anyone discover this as the trial was going on? Why did it take them so long?! I knew it when it was first brought up!

I mean--there wasn't an episode like that before, but you can sure as hell bet there will be now...I can only picture Dick Wolf sitting at a typewriter with a cigar hanging from his mouth, shouting out "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES!!!"

13. Destiny

CONGRADULATIONS!! to SVU's Mariska Hargitay & Peter Hermann

"Mariska Hargitay is adding the third generation to her Hollywood family. This will be the first child for the actress and her actor husband Peter Hermann.
    Her publicist confirms that she's expecting and that the couple is "excited" about the baby. No additional details are available.
    Hargitay, 41, married Hermann, 38, just over a year ago. They met on the set of "SVU," in which she plays Detective Olivia Benson and he's guestede several times as attorney Trevor Langan."

What does this mean for her character? "WNDU-TV: Entertainment" site that has this statement.
    "By next year, Detective Olivia Benson on "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" probably will be sitting at her desk and standing behind cars and trees and other assorted props. Mariska Hargitay is pregnant.
    However, her character on the show, Benson, will not be. NBC says it's "thrilled" for Hargitay. And, the network says "Detective Benson will not be pregnant on the show and is scheduled to appear throughout the season."

Her official website Mariska.com Confirms the news as well. Also adding that Mariska and Peter were married on August 28, 2004.

14. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

I am SO excited; Check the icon for proof! They'll be such good parents...

15. Destiny

:lol: that is so cute, I know they are down to earth people when they do interviews, and they manage to keep their comicial side, in the process of the drama of work.