Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Re: Canadian Thread #5

Re: The weather. Yep, we got the snow, and the ice. I hate ice. It's not so bad, it's worse in the mornings and I find myself walking along the side of the street instead of on the actual sidewalk (I'm in suburbia, so it's not dangerous or anything), most afternoons it's okay though. And it's been warming up a bit.

Re: Pit bulls. As someone who is completely and utterly terrified of dogs due to four years as a paper carrier, I'm all for banning them. I don't care what the numbers say, even one death by pit bull is too many. Harsh punishments are the only way these owners are going to learn.

As for pit bulls. During the autumn BBC (if I remember correctly) made document about pit bulls and dog fights and how in Europe tracks pointed to Finland. they found couple 'breeders' from her, who sold pit bulls to Europe and Britain, where those are banned.
I think they are now in court, not sure was it solved already.

Weighing in on the Pit Bull issue for a moment. Yes I will admit that they are dangerous dogs BUT if the person that owns them trains them properly they can be a good dog. But you have to be aware that they are still a dangerous dog. The problem with the Pit Bull ban in Ontario is it also lumps in dogs like Staffordshire Terriers. The people I know who have them say they make great dogs and pets. But again you have to know the dog. I knew someone who took a 1 year old abused Rotti in. He wouldn't let the dog near his grandchildren yet he and his wife had no problem with the dog. Why doesn't the Ontario government just ban ever type of dog because guess what they all bite and come from lines of a wild animal. Now that being said if the government was stupid enough to do that I would be out of business and a job.

Now on to the crazy weather we getting. Saturday and Sunday we are suppose to get rain. Oh this will make for a lovely mess with all the snow we've had. Some of the side streets where our store is are still a mess from the snow. The city hasn't been around unblock all the sewers. I think on top of my boots I should take hip waiters with me to work on the weekend :lol: Oh well I think there is still enough snow out there that we should have a some what white Christmas.

Just wanted to stop in and wish all my fellow Canucks a very Merry Christmas, or a Happy Hanukkah...or or or...well, seasons greetings EVERYONE! :) Hope all have a safe and enjoyable holiday

Merry Christmas :) I hope everyone has a safe and happy day :)

So does everyone have a white Christmas. We in the Toronto area do thanks to the snow storm on the Dec.16.

Merry Christmas fellow Canuks! Hope you all have a good one, eh? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hmm....this Christmas day was a half white and half green Christmas...lol, a lot of rain and warm temps melted a lot of our snow here last night...oh well, it still felt like Christmas.

But the best part, was my cousin being able to get out of the hospital for the day after being involved in a serious car accident almost a month ago, so that made my day extra special. :)

Now...bring on the turkey....:lol:

Jacquie said:
Weighing in on the Pit Bull issue for a moment. Yes I will admit that they are dangerous dogs BUT if the person that owns them trains them properly they can be a good dog.

The problem is nobody makes the effort. They are aware when they buy the dog that it's dangerous and needs to be domesticized, but they're not willing to spend the time doing it, and then they wonder why it attacks people. :rolleyes:

Jacquie said:
Why doesn't the Ontario government just ban ever type of dog because guess what they all bite and come from lines of a wild animal.

Because the Pit Bull is not just ANY dog. It's trained to kill. Yes, other dogs are capable of biting (that's why I want a harsher leash law for ALL dogs, but that's second priority) but how many people have been killed by Lassie? By banning Pit Bulls the government isn't trying to be dog haters, they're trying to do something to protect the citizens, much like the Tobacco Control Act that was introduced when people figured out that cigarettes give you cancer. But then maybe these Pit Bull owners need to experience it first hand before they wake up and smell the roses. You know what they say, walk a mile in a man's shoes...

I dunno who follows the IIHF World U20 Championship (hockey), but Canada won their first game with a 3-0 shutout of the Czech Republic. John Tavares notched two goals, while Steve Stamkos had three assists.

This tournament is a Christmas tradition my brother and I started years ago, and even though he is now living in Montreal, we still continue the tradition. It is just one of the things I look forward to during the holiday season.

I don't follow hockey anymore but I'm always proud when Canada wins on the international level. Especially when the players that are playing aren't the over priced professionals.

GO Canada!

I wish I was a Canadian, cool thread. My link to Canada is my Canadian Auntie and Uncle, I'm coming over in the summer hopefully. :D

There are a lot of Irish roots over here where I am too. That would be Newfoundland in case you were wondering. Obviously its no Ireland itself, but the beautiful country has deeply influenced some of our culture here.

So Canada has won its second game with yet another shutout. I believe it was over Slovakia. Some bad penalties called for both sides, but still a decent game. Next game, Saturday against Sweden.

Well so much for our half green Christmas....woke up this morning to a storm and lots of snow. More to come by days end. Many places are shut down due to it as well.

Aww that's cool. I'd love to emigrate when I'm older. My relatives, live just outside Toronto, they emigrated from Ireland about 35 years ago.

Just wanted to pop in and wish all my fellow Canadians a happy (and safe) New Years :D And I hope your holidays have been great in general. Snow and all :p

Well 2008 is coming in all white. Another snowy day on a non-regular work day. Maybe if we get lucky this year all the snow will decide to fall on Holidays or weekends. Less traffic that way :lol: Anyways have a Happy New Year!

Back