Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Re: Canadian Thread #5

I liked the old school degrassi better than the new ones. But the new seasons are still pretty good. It is over the top with all the stuff they deal with, but its a good way to cover issues that can happen. Also, its nice to see the actual teens casted instead of 25 year olds. I think americans would freak if they showed that on a US channel, and marketed to teens.

I do love corner gas as well. Its pretty funny, and they are actually showing it in the US now. Apparently its doing well down there. Corner gas is one of those shows you will love or won't like it at all.

I also love Little Mosque on the Prairie :lol: Its a funny show.

And of course Rick Mercer!

xfcanadian said:
Also, its nice to see the actual teens casted instead of 25 year olds. I think americans would freak if they showed that on a US channel, and marketed to teens.

The current Degrassi does air on a US channel. It's actually quite popular with teens there.

And of course Rick Mercer!
Rick Mercer FTW!!! :lol:

Jacquie said:
I just read an article on the CTV website that says most of Canada will have colder than normal weather for December, January and February.

Nooo :mad:. I hate cold weather, & I hate snow. *grumbles* Nothing good ever comes out of miserable, wet, soggy weather. I wish summer was a year round season, & I'm a total sunshine girl. I hope Vancouver has received its last amount of snow for 2007.

LibertyBell said:
Air Farce - which isn't as good as it used to be
I so totally agree with you there. Not funny at all :mad:

I've never gotten around to watching any of the Degrassi Shows. It may have something to do with my age. I've have watch a couple of episode of Sue Thomas and it was good. I don't know why I didn't watch it more other than it was on at an awkward time.

I think americans would freak if they showed that on a US channel, and marketed to teens.

it is shown in the states, but they refused to show the episode where a 9th grader got an abortion. this is actually the first year the season started in the states before it started in canada. ctv decided dancing with the stars was more important...

apparently the dollar fell bellow par again. i find it funny all the fuss people made about price adjustments and now we are back to being the lower currency :lol:

I don't know how many of you from Ontario have been following the news items about problems with some people's vanity license plates. There was one in particular REV JO that was being denied by the Ministry of Transportation for a couple of stupid (in my opinion) reasons. Now first of all this is an existing plate that the person was wanting new plates for. The nut cases in the ministry weren't going to renew the plates because it could refer to someone speeding or it could refer to booze. Apparently there is a vodka based drink called Rev. Dalton McGuinty stepped in today and said Rev Jo will be able to keep her plates. Well that is one good thing McGuinty has done since he's been in office.

yeah, because when i see REV on a license plate, i go mad with rage and want to speed! Rev is the name of a cooler...but i would have never connected the two.

I heart Dalton, he made more money available for education, and i am able to get a disability grant to help with my tuition.

The whole REV JO thing was stupid. Plus she had it for years, and years something like 20 years and now it causes a problem?

WhosLaughingNow said:
LibertyBell, Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye isn't on anymore?

No it was cancelled. Reruns are still on, but that's it.

About the whole licence plate thing, yeah, it's very stupid. If I saw "Rev Jo" on a license plate I wouldn't connect it to either of those right away. :rolleyes:

So, what do we all think about Harper's position on the Senate reform?

Oh Senate Reform. Now that is an interesting question. If I've followed it correctly Stephen Harper wants to have an elected Senate. I think that is a good idea. The Senate is suppose to pass into law the acts that get passed in the House by our elected Members of Parliament. The Senate as it stands now is a club for the good boys and girls that have been loyal to a particular party. So if the Senate is controlled by Liberals then anything that is passed in the house by a non liberal government is going to have difficulty passing. So I'm all in favour for an elected Senate.

so robert pickton was sentenced yesterday, and his lawyer tried to get him only 15 years :rolleyes: sometimes i wonder how people can be defense attorneys... i can only imagine how scary that time was for women of bc.

i was also reading in the paper about a toddler who was attacked by the family pitt bull. im not going to get into the ban here in ontario (*cough*itsstupid*cough*), but why this woman would go out of her way to illegally purchase a pitt bull puppy i have no idea. and pitt bull or not, any puppy going through adolescence left in a room alone with a child who tries to take its toy away is going to react violently. its too bad the puppy has to pay for the womans mistake, it is scheduled for euthanasia. some people i tell you...

I don't agree with what Pickton's lawyer did but he wouldn't be a defense lawyer if he didn't try for a lesser sentence for his client.

Don't get me going on the stupidity of some people when it comes to children and pets. It doesn't matter the type of dog but no child should be left alone with a dog especially if there are toys involved. My oldest sister wouldn't let her daughter at even the age of 10 be in the backyard alone whit their dogs. Her dogs have never had a problem but as she says you can't trust dogs. Heck we let customers that come into the store with their dogs for the first time that the cats have their front claws. We also warn parents with small children. Right or wrong most store cats are declawed to prevent damage to the store merchandise. We decided not to and they have not done any damage to merchandise, children or pets.

Hey are any of you guys in Ontario getting that huge storm from Texas? It's supposed to be heading right towards here. It snowed a lot this morning but I thought there'd be more. We always miss huge storms when they say it's coming right at us. :rolleyes:

Yes sandersidle we did get the storm. Here in Markham we got about 20-25cms. This is our back deck. As you can see on the bird feeder how much snow we got on the deck. The feeder had no snow on it last night. I definitely think we will have a White Christmas this year. We may not see out front lawn until spring.

sandersidle where are you from?

I'm from London. We got quite a bit but it has stopped for the time being. We're supposed to get around 5cm tonight. I want a snowday, damnit. :p

Back