Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

Not really much of a recap from me, because the episode was good, don't get me wrong, but I think it kind of just dragged along, they spent a little too much time on the Sam and Ruby part of the story of the episode.

Favorite parts:

Sam calling the crossroad demon ... just that whole scene got me all sad :(

:lol: "Who do I have to kill to get some french fries around here?"

:eek: Sam and Ruby ... ok I totally didn't see that coming! But :drool: Sam has got quite a sexy back on him!

I was totally :lol: at Dean's reaction to hearing that :lol:

Dean trying to apologize to Ruby, "good cause this is awkward,"

and GUH Castiel's entrance :drool:

And :D saw the preview for the next episode! Guess Dean's going to lose his virginity again :guffaw:

I've been feeling kind of yicky today (sore throat, cold, etc) and I think it's made me kind of loopy cause when that therapist asked "Do you know where you are?" I heard "you're in the jungle baby and you're gonna die" in my head (Guns and Roses Welcome to the Jungle for anyone who doesnt know lol). :lol:

She's telekentic?

"Ooh great. Demon whispers. That's reliable."

"I come back and you're BFF with a demon?" :lol:

Crossroad demon's a man this time.

Girl interrupted. :lol: Angel radio. haha.

"It's above my pay grade." :lol:

1-900-Angel. :lol:

That demon in the church I think is the same guy who played Agent Cole on some Miami eps. What did Dean call him Alastair?

He's sewing his own wound? :eek:

Radio girl. :lol:

I totally thought Sam was gonna say he loved Ruby. :lol: Instead he said she saved his life.

That blonde Ruby looks familiar.

"Who do I have to kill to get some french fries around here?" :lol:

"The apartment was empty. You happy?"

Man, that sex scene was... umm....

Dean: Sam, too much information.
Sam: I told you I was coming clean.
Dean: Yeah well now I feel dirty. :guffaw:

Dean: Brain stabbing imagery aside.

Dean: Skip the nudity please. :lol:

:lol: at Dean trying to apologize to Ruby.

Ruby: Where's the knife?
Dean: Uh, about that....
Ruby: You're kidding!
Dean: Hey, don't look at me.
Sam: Thanks a lot!
Dean just grins. :lol:

Why do the Angels want the girl dead? Is she another seal?

Dean and Anna kissing. um.... okay....
That hell scene better be a flashback.

Question: In next week's tv guide it mentions that next week'e ep of Smallville is the last new ep till January. Is that the same for Supernatural?

Dean and Anna kissing. um.... okay....
That hell scene better be a flashback.

Question: In next week's tv guide it mentions that next week'e ep of Smallville is the last new ep till January. Is that the same for Supernatural?

:wtf: Sadly ... yes Supernatural will not air until January 15th, they stop shooting in December and the shows will come back on in January. We have to keep in mind that Smallville and Supernatural both star people that are in the United States and I'm guessing they're trying to give them time off to be with their families during the holiday season, so I won't complain. If missing a couple episodes means that Jared and Jensen can head down to Texas to hang out with their family, then let's be happy for them.

Oh and to bring some bad news ... they changed the episode title for one of the episodes we were looking forward to seeing ...
Criss Angel Is a Douchebag is now ... Ace Up My Sleeve :wtf: Oh come on, the first was way better ... :guffaw:

So
You don't like Anna, that's the way the impression come out. Don't tell me you're one of those people that don't want to see Dean get umm un re-hymanited :guffaw:I joke I joke :p But seriously come on ... who doesn't want to see Dean in this type of scene :drool:

I have my own theory on why she's telekinetic, keep in mind I said theory. First of all, I was thinking that she's one of the special children, we do know there was a lot more of them running around. And secondly, I just thought that since she could see the true form of the Demons, would be, umm I don't really know how to put this :lol: Remember how Dean could see them, because he only had a short amount of time to live before he went to hell, well maybe Anna can see them for that reason too, because she knows they're after her. I won't get into the other theory I have ... cause it's just so off the wall buckets of crazy * cough * but I had the image of Anna being someone that Dean/Sam/Ruby all won't dead ... after all she did suddenly change over night, right?

Oh and Ruby in maid's body :guffaw:" ... for a hot minute,"

Last edited:

:scream: My freaking browser timed out before my message could post and now I probably won't remember everything I was saying. :lol: Let's try this again:

I don't dislike Anna at all. Putting the rest in spoiler bar just in case:
It's just to me she seemed kind of vanilla, pure, virginal, etc. She just didn't seem like the type to sleep with a guy she barely knows (even if she's heard the angels talk a lot about him) and I really don't think she and Dean look right together personally. I'd picture her with Sam before I would with Dean. I dunno what it is, I just... it's weird. She's just not his type.

And if they are going back to the way Dean was before Hell where he'd sleep with anything with breasts if given the chance, then I don't like that. I don't like how he is protrayed sometimes. I just think there's more to Dean than that you know. He's got a good heart and they sometimes write him as a seemingly nothing but T&A for brains guy and I just hate that. It really bugs me. :lol:

And the whole Dean/Anna thing totally messes up the idea I had for a fic. Now I have to find a way around it. :lol:

I guess the Dean/Anna thing could a fantasy of one of theirs. It might not even be something that really happens, so I shouldn't freak out just yet. :lol:

I just wanna see Dean fall in love with a girl (not Anna!) for once (and it would be cute if he was kind of in denial about it and Sam was teasing him about it lol) instead of just doing a "wham bam thank you ma'am" kind of deal. That just bugs me when the writers go about writing him that way. That is NOT all Dean is about. :lol: And no, I don't want Dean with that chick with the kid. And I don't think he and Anna mesh well at all personally. Even in those clips from the preview I just didn't see or sense any kind of romantic chemistry at all. there was oozing amounts of chemistry between him and the girl in the Monster Movie episode and there was tons of chemistry between him and Amy Acker (Dead In the Water), but this Anna girl? I just don't see it. I just think she had more chemistry with Sam than she did with Dean. She looks closer to Sam's age anyway.

If it's not a dream sequence than its too rushed and abrupt for it to be anything more than raging hormones at work. I just don't want them to say this is a love at first sight kind of thing. He barely even looked at her in tonight's ep and in the next ep they're having sex? Sorry, but it's just too quick and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

But then again, I never liked the fact that Sam was the one having the fantasies about Bela cause I always imagined her with Dean. And I always kind of imagined Katie Cassidy's Ruby with Dean rather than Sam (which is a good thing they didn't put her with Sam until she was in a different body lol). But, I like Sam and this Ruby. They mesh well and have a lot of chemistry. And this Ruby doesn't have the same chemistry with Dean that Katie's Ruby did. But, Anna is so far away from Dean's type that it just... I dunno. It bothers me. :lol:

So far this season they've gotten pretty much everything right (up until now), I guess it was only a matter of time before they did something I wouldn't like. :lol:

You must be one of the fans who would have liked to see Dean with Jo ... and I personally thought that they wouldn't have been a good choice either. I didn't like Cassie, heck any of his choices in women, until Monster Movie, that was the only one that I actually liked. And don't get me started on Ruby and Sam ... that whole scene, was so wrong, but yet I couldn't take my eyes off of the tv screen :evil: I'm happy that they may finally have Dean changing his ways, it's something that we never really thought of because of his actions in previous episodes, but now that it's happening everyone has to get all uptight about it. If you pay attention to the episode, it seems Sam's protective over her, that doesn't imply anything else ... Sam after all has always been the protective one while Dean sticks to the action ... erm no pun intended there :lol: But seriously ... just tune her out ... that's what I did during Sam's and Madison's scene ... I just focused on Sam's arms and Dean's back in his scene with Cassie :lol:

Last edited:

Another Dutch Supernatural fan introduces herself *waves hi* :) I watched an episode on Dutch t.v. and I immediately got hooked (watched three and a quarter season in little over three weeks); this show has all the stuff I like: ghosts; demons; angels; witches; urban legends; hot guys :devil: ; etc...

Hi there! I'm from Holland too. :) And I think you're absolutely right about why you got hooked- it's how I got hooked! :p

SW I think I have to call you now eh former H2h :p I like your avi and your location. :lol:

Man that episode was so serious. :( Well I guess we could've seen that one coming. All the episodes this season have been really funny, now they're getting to the killing Lillith stuff. I want more funny scenes, the one scene with Sam coming clean (and Dean feeling dirty :p) was just NOT enough. :D

SW I think I have to call you now eh former H2h :p I like your avi and your location. :lol:

Man that episode was so serious. :( Well I guess we could've seen that one coming. All the episodes this season have been really funny, now they're getting to the killing Lillith stuff. I want more funny scenes, the one scene with Sam coming clean (and Dean feeling dirty :p) was just NOT enough. :D

:lol: Yeah, "I feel all dirty now, skip the nudie parts," :lol: Oh and I think 'Maid' Ruby was funny ... "for a hot minute," and just the look that Sam and Dean gave her on the way out of the room was just priceless :shifty:

And also any of you wondering why they (Castiel and Uriel) want Anna dead
Anna remembers her past and Sam and Dean finally understand why Castiel and Uriel want her dead. However, they disagree with the angels' orders and try to help Anna restore an important part of her past so she can be saved. Meanwhile, Alastair (guest star Mark Rolston) and his demons continue to close in on Anna and the brothers.

So what could that exactly mean, the fact that she could see the demon's faces ... maybe she made a deal, or a huge mistake of judgment when she was younger, the episode just got a whole lot more interesting regarding the fact that we also get to find out Dean's big hell secret ... I can't wait to see the episode!

Ah and yep ... and to make it easy ... just call me Nikky ;)

Last edited:

If I remember correctly, the reason why the angels want her dead is because she can hear them. Remember how the demons want her alive? They want to use her to know what the other side is planning, and the angels can't have that.

Sam and Ruby is just... wrong... but Sam sex scenes are just guh. :drool: He's my weakness.

This episode was good. It moved slow in the beginning, but it got better. I loved how Sam was acting drunk to shark a guy's money. :lol: talk about a total role reversal for Sam and Dean.

No, I did not like the idea of Dean/Jo either. But, that's partially due to the fact that there for a while I thought it was gonna turn out that the man Jo thought was her father was not really her father and that John Winchester would be her father, so that's probably why the idea of Dean/Jo bothered me. Like I said, I kind of liked the idea of Dean/Bela even though she was kind of a bitch. :lol: But there was at least some chemistry there. I mean, I wouldn't expect a relationship between them to last a long time or anything, but one or two hookups wouldn't have bothered me that much.

I'm not saying that Sam should be with Anna, I'm just saying it would look more natural. I just don't see any romantic chemistry between Dean and Anna, period. I mean it's just weird. I'm still holding out hope that it's some kind of fantasy scene. She just looks too young for Dean. :lol: I know that probably sounds strange, but they've made Dean look so much more mature this season... I guess being in Hell can do that to a person. :lol:

It just bugs me that they are doing the whole Captain Kirk thing with Dean. By that I mean essentially having him with a different girl every ep or every other ep.

Who is Cassie? Is that the name of the chick with the Dean-like son? :lol:

Last edited:

It just bugs me that they are doing the whole Captain Kirk thing with Dean. By that I mean essentially having him with a different girl every ep or every other ep.

Who is Cassie? Is that the name of the chick with the Dean-like son? :lol:

:guffaw: now I have the image of Dean saying Beam Me Up Sammy ... :wtf: I need to lay off of the caffeine.

And ...

Cassie

http://hanncoll.blogspot.com/2008/11/heaven-and-hell-supernatural-4x10-clip.html

Not that I disagree about the chemistry, or lack thereof, but I sort of think you have this idealized concept of Dean's character. I mean, there's no denying he's a man of character- would do anything to save his brother and be a force of good against evil, but... he's ALWAYS been a womanizer! :lol: Cassie seems to have been one of his few moments of seriousness, relationship-wise (even though I couldn't stand her- I hated the way she walked; is that weird? :lol: )

Now, the reasons behind his less than chaste ways are another story... I think he really doesn't think there's any point to getting attached, what with the life he and his brother are leading (although I think he still wants Sam to get to have a real life and a real "love of his life"). I also bet he doesn't really think he deserves it, for whatever reason. Sort of like how he thought Sam's life meant more, so he sacrificed his own soul to bring him back.

Anyway, I think the idea of us knowing Dean's character better than the people who write him is sort of humourous... although I actually do the same thing myself all the time! :lol: You should read this fanfic I wrote (and have been very lax in finishing, sadly...)

OK, so I should also mention that I loved this episode, and the perfect season is continuing for me. Yay! I feel like I should be buying Eric Kripke a Christmas present or something! :D I liked how they explained Sam's missing time a little better. I'd sort of forgotten about the months in between, so it was a good reminder. But the thing with Ruby- YUCK. So not right, but great for shock value at least. If they always showed us what we were expecting, the show would be SO boring. I still am not that fond of this Ruby. It's not that I have a problem with her acting, it's just that she's a much milder version of the old character- like Ruby-lite or something. Katie Cassidy just gave her such a big personality; I miss that. Although it's true, I couldn't have imagined the old Ruby sleeping with Sam. Would have seemed totally counterintuitive. Dean would have been much more her speed.

Anyhoo, I'm not going to make any calls on the next episode until I see it; I don't see any reason for getting stressed about what might or might not happen until... well, until it actually happens. :lol: And honestly, I just can't wait for a new episode. It's been such a great season, I just find myself eagerly anticipating every upcoming ep. Bring it on! :D

I had forgotten her character name. I didn't like her on Supernatural. I do kind of like her on Miami though. I just hope she doesn't hook up with any of the guys on there though cause that would ruin my other ships (Rave and Eden oh and H/Y lol).

I know Dean's always been a womanzier, but I was hoping that his trip to Hell would have changed that. I'm like John. I want Dean to have a life, have children, a wife, etc. I just don't think he looks right with Anna. That's all. :lol:

Cassie seems to have been one of his few moments of seriousness, relationship-wise (even though I couldn't stand her- I hated the way she walked; is that weird? :lol: )

Yeah, I know and I hated that his moment of seriousness was with her. I really didn't like her acting style in that ep. She does much better in Miami. Maybe she's had some lessons between now and then. But, she's definitely improved which is a good thing. But, I never want to see her back on Supernatural ever ever again. Cassie was so damn whiny. Almost as whiny as teenage/young adult Anakin Skywalker. :lol:

I do think though that running into that girl with the kid who was a lot like him made Dean ponder what it would be like to have that kind of a normalcy (the wife, kids, etc). And I would just like to see a little more of that part of his personality instead of him going back to being a womanzier. :lol:

I still wish that they would give Dean some light powers like Sam has dark powers cause of the demon blood. Why can't Dean have Angel blood? :lol:

Last edited:

I think we all know Dean's ways and we know the writer's like to give him these so called 'love angles' to I don't know, tease us maybe? Though we all know it's going to take a lot to get Dean to change his ways, to me I still like to watch these episodes, just to see how he reacts, if I'm making sense.

Speaking of Cassie ... have you guys ever noticed the actress, Megalyn * erm * Ech-i-kun-woke ... yes I had to sound it out :lol: on That 70's Show ... to me she was a lot prettier back then :shifty:

I liked this episode, although it did feel a bit like a built-up to next week it had its great moments:

- The Dean
- Dean's reactions to Anna's ability to hear Angels
- Maid Ruby
- The flashbacks to Sam's last six months (however, imo Dean's reaction to Sam/Ruby was way too calm :confused:)

But I'm mostly intrigued by what the cross road demon told Sam (because it actually fits a theory I have):
"It's not about your soul. Dean's in Hell. We've got everything right the way we want it."

What did/do they want with Sam? Is that the real reason why Alastair (?) let them go?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Dean/Anna scene, mainly because of what Uriel said in one of nest week's clips, that she is worse than Ruby :eek: - there's got to be more to that girl, something which really piques Dean's interest.

And since Anna sees demons in their true form, I'd like to know if the same goes for the Angels and if she handles that better than Pamela (who I look forward to seeing back again).

Of course it would ruin all the fun :p, but I'm just curious how long The Man Upstairs lets his personal Crockett and Tubbs screw up, before he intervenes

I've watch so many eps the last weeks that I probably really missed a lot. The hiatus will be a nice opportunity to re-watch everything :cool:

Last edited:

I've posted before
the night the episode aired, I had a vision that Anna was actually Lilith ... I mean could you imagine Dean and Sam for that matter finding out that Dean slept with Lilith? Now that would be quite a twist. Though I'm sure that Ruby and the Angels for that matter would be able to see her true form.

I found this posted on a Livejournal Community and thought I'd share it here
Dean has been specifically singled out to turn over--sacrifice--an living person, and he can choose to obey or not. The reveal in Great Pumpkin about Castiel's orders to respect Dean's decisions lends credence to the theory that everything could be yet another "test."

Kripke has added an awful twist to the scenario, though, as the state of Dean's soul is on the sacrificial alter next to Anna's life. It's not a test of his obedience but a test of his morality.

I'm not saying that I approve of this as an expository tool, because it reads a lot like the "Oh, it was just a dream" card. However, if the Supernatural writing and directing staff could pull it off, it could say a lot about who Dean is, and the measure of the angels and God--whether this is an Old Testament or a New Testament God we're dealing with, and the extent to which the demands on Dean's conscience can extend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back