Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

Just saw the epi. Stayed clear of this thread unitil I saw it :p

Pretty much everything's been said already. I'm not too fond of the Ruby story. I liked her just fine, but then the part right before she and Sam sleep together, she seemed too needy. I prefer Ruby snarky, like when she's with Dean. But then with Sam :lol:

Plus, I was thinking (yeah, I do that sometimes :D). Anna can see angels and demons in their true form, and thus also Castiel. And she got the 'power' the day Dean got back from the pit. You think maybe the power was meant for Dean instead of her? Because Castiel was surprised that Dean couldn't bear hearing him in his true form. So there's the connection right there. :)
    Don't know what to think of it yet, it's just a theory. :)

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

That's why I always try to put my posts behind spoiler tags, some posters don't respect that some people live in places where it might take the episodes a while to load, heck some people put stuff up right after the episode airs when the viewers on the west coast hasn't seen it.

My friend seems to think that Anna is an angel, but I don't know about that one :lol:

Whatever the case with Anna, since the Angels have said she's bad off (I personally think that it's just for the fact that she can hear their conversations ... that way the demons will closer to them in the war) I can't wait to see which theory of ours will fit in :)

... oh and ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You only need spoiler tags until the show has aired Thursday night. After that, all bets are off. ;) And that's exactly why I wait until I've gotten to see the episode (usually Friday night or Saturday afternoon on "Space") before I come in here and start reading the reactions. It's not really a problem. Not like I have anything useful to post until I've seen the new episode anyway.

I'm interested to see the commercial that's causing all the sensation for next week- the one I saw on Space didn't seem to have the same clips. I guess I need to head on over to the CW site?

And yeah, I think the angels just need to deadify the "angel radio" because she could leak some serious intel to the bad guys if they caught her. That would be providing she would tell them what she hears, but she doesn't look that tough- they could probably break her easily. Big, mean demons! :lol:

I did forget to mention that I cursed out loud when I saw "to be continued..." at the end! Dagnabbit! I hate it when they do that! Damn jerks, messing with me like that... Although of course I can't wait to see next week's ep now. :lol:

4. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

:guffaw:

Argh, I did the same thing. I was actually quite surprised when the 'to be continued' showed up. I wanted mooooooooore. :p

Can't believe there's no more Supernatural after next week untill january 15th. They should have support groups for these kind of things :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
  5. BabaOReilly

I just hope that they got all the to-be-continued-ness out of their system this week, because I don't know if I can handle another one before they go on the holiday hiatus! :eek: I just remember a couple seasons ago when Dean was about to tell Sam what John told him about Sam... and then poof! Gone until January or early Feb or something!

I just don't think my poor old heart can take it again... :(

:lol: Yeah, I like to wallow in my patheticness! :lol:

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I think that after the break that we'll be getting, that the episodes will be non stop, so if we have a two part episode, it's more than likely going to happen back to back and by that I mean one part airing and the next week the other part airs. I'm guessing that they needed to take a break in so the season could run long enough to last until April/May :)

7. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

ok so, first off hi everyone *waves* i know i haven't posted here in like a week and its not because i didn't want to its because i haven't seen the last 2 episode and i didn't want to be spoiled, and 2nd i just wanted to drop in and say that i will be back tomorrow with my thought on the last episodes. from the amount of activity in here i gather they were pretty good (like they wouldn't be right?).
    oh and h2h, love the new name!

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Thanks, you have no idea how long it took to come up with that :lol:

Oh I wanted to share this :D Chicago Con Vid ... so from Jensen's mouth ... Criss Angel Is a Douchebag is still in :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRBiV82rk-I

9. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

so i just watched the last episode. holy crap. that is all i can say. i think everyone else pretty much summed everything up. and i haven't really been liking the new ruby, at all really, this season but the last episode she wasn't too bad. she's kinda growing on me.
    i agree about the to be continued tooo. i yelled at my tv. i HATE when shows do that. no one wants to wait to see what happens next.

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I don't understand why they can't just air one long two hour episode, sor of like CSI did with Grave Danger ... 2 hours of Sam and Dean * squees *

So kind of awkward question (I was thinking of doing a video about Sam and Ruby) any ideas for songs ... that fits the two of them? I also wanted to do one of the gag reel and wanted to use a song that hasn't been used before ... but honestly I can't think of anything :(

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Songs for Sam & Ruby? Hmm... Alice Cooper's Poison? Bon Jovi's Bad Medicine? Voice of the Beehive's Scary Kisses? Shakespeare's Sister's "Stay With Me"?

Gag Reel song- Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood? I don't know why that one jumped into my head. :lol: How about Poison's "Nothing But A Good Time" or Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It"? Okay, I'm stuck on 80s hairbands apparently. :lol: OOh I got it! AC/DC's "If You Want Blood"! They used that one on the movie "Empire Records", I believe. :)

I agree they should do a two hour episode of Supernatural. That would be awesome. They should do that for the season finale. I'm assuming the ultimate apocalyptic fight between the humans/angels and the demons is going to take place in the season finale. That should definitely be a two hour special!

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Thanks for the ideas :)

And sadly ... according to interviews/articles that I've read and watched, quite possibly the end of the series as well :( One minute Kripke wants 5 seasons and then he wants only 4. But that was before the ratings for this season were outstanding, so he/the networks might change their mind :)

Also, wouldn't a Supernatural Movie kick butt!

13. BabaOReilly

I don't know about songs for those in particular, but "A Perfect Circle" has this song that would be awesome for Castiel, or for the angels in general, called The Noose. It's really brooding and melodic and has the lines,
    "And not to pull your halo down
    Around your neck and tug you to the ground
    But I'm more than just a little curious
    How you're plannin' to go about makin' your amends
    To the dead
    To the dead"

Trust me, I'm not really one of those people who likes to quote song lyrics- quite frankly that's a little high school to me. :lol: But previously, every time I heard the song I would think, man, that would be good for an episode of CSI- I still do- but I think it would fit nicely into Supernatural too. Except that it's more modern rock than the stuff they tend to use. A Perfect Circle are pretty heavy rock though, so it's not totally out of sync.

Seriously, does he really only want 4 seasons? I mean, this one does seem to be moving at an awesome pace... which now makes me nervous. I mean, surely he'd want to have a 5th season? It's a steady gig and he really seems to love it!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, in 3D!!! :) :D Can you imagine Sam, Dean and the Impala in three D? Woo-hoo! That would be so awesome!

For that matter, they should do an episode in 3D like Medium did a while back. That's one thing I wish they had done for Buffy. I mean they had the silent ep, the musical ep... and they really should have done a 3D ep. Oh well, it's too late now. But, it's not for Supernatural.

Speaking of musicals... can you imagine a musical ep of Supernatural? :lol: What would they sing about? Dean: "I fell under a demon's spell and I had to go to hell". :lol:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  15. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

^^that would be funny its always great to get to hear/see them sing ha
    i have never heard that he only wanted 4 seasons! that sucks if thats the case i don't want it to end yet, especially considering the stellar season so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.