Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

I didn't notice the sign changing. But then again I didn't watch the ep till about 2am. :lol: Anyway, I agree about the Ollie shirtless scene on SV. My brother was asking me something during that scene and I don't think I even heard him. I was just staring open-mouthed at the tv. :lol:

Now back to Supernatural. I cracked up over seeing Dracula on the moped. LMAO!

Somehow I missed the talk about the "Raiders" movie. I probably heard the word "Raiders" and thought the were talking about the sports team or something. I usually tune out sports talk. :lol:

Here are my thoughts written down while watching the episode:

The opening like an old monster movie was very cool and unique (just as unique as the opening to the BTVS musical ep). Very cool. The music playing at this point reminded me slightly of the Psycho theme. :lol:

"Bout time the Winchesters tackled a straight forward black and white case." Haha.

Okay the music playing now sounds like twisted 40s style carnival music or something.

Aww... Sammy's smile... that was cute. :lol:

Holy crap those are some big @$$ pretzels. :lol:

The boys look nice in those suits. They always do, but its even nicer in b&w for some reason. :lol:

"Guten tag." "Guten tag yourself." You could tell Dean was thinking "Whatever that means." :lol:

"I never forget a pretty... everything."

"You don't come on like a Fed." *clears throat* :lol: the throat clear was funny.

"I'm a maverick, ma'am. A rebel with a badge. One thing I don't play by... the rules." He winks at her. :lol: That wink was sexy. :luvlove:

"My virginity is in tact." LMAO!
"What?"
"I have been re-hymenated." ROTFL at Sam's almost spit-take.
"Maybe Angels could pull you out of Hell, but no one could do that."
"Brother, I have been re-hymenated. The dude will not abide." LMFAO! :guffaw:Definitely the funniest lines of the whole ep.

So is that what Dean supposedly lost in Hell? His non-virginal status? :lol:

"I don't think we're staying on the case."
"Why too weird for you?"
"Not weird enough." Lol!

That guys excuse to get the girl to continue the make-out session was the lamest thing I've ever heard. And the stupid girl falls for it? :wtf: Man that girl can scream!

"I'm getting a headache." :lol:

"Monster mashing this town." :giggles:

"You think this Dracula can turn into a bat? That'd be really cool." :lol: Oh, Dean... :lol:

Oh no now the mummy? Where's The Monster Squad when you need them. (anyone see that movie? It's kind of old, but man I loved it when I was a kid lol). Or Rick (aka Brendan Fraser from the Mummy Movies).

"Holy mother of crap!" :lol:

The "intermission" cracked me up.

"Holding buckets of crazy." :lol: Man, Dean says the funniest stuff.

"Before he Creature from the Black Lagoons somebody." :guffaw:

Somehow I knew the Mulder and Scully reference would come up. :lol:

"Great monsters of screenland." :lol:

I don't trust Lucy.

Yep, I knew it. She drugged them.

"I can't get over what a pumpkin pie-eyed crazy SOB you really are." :lol: Dean has a way with words, doesn't he?

"Hey there, handsome."
"Shut up." ROTFL!

"It was beauty that killed the beast." haha!

Porky's two. :lol: Which one was it where Kim Cattrail's character barked or howled like a dog while having sex? Was that one or two? :lol: Why would Dean want to be in part two? :lol: I really thought Dean was going to say that he wanted to be in some romance movie. I thought they were gonna surprise us there, but nope... typical horny Dean. :lol:

Preview for next week's ep: :sigh: Another Dean in peril episode. Why can't they give the poor guy a break?

Nah, can't find the pictures they used for the posters! Have one of you tried looking for a specific Jensen picture? There are sooooo many!

I have some other pictures though. :);)
Young Jensen Look at those big eyes!
Bit older Jensen Perfect teeth!
Older again In the pool. :D
And a crazy Jensen/Jared one really, Jared looks like a really crazy guy, from the pictures I've seen!

Jensen doesn't change all that much! In his face, that is.

Nah, can't find the pictures they used for the posters! Have one of you tried looking for a specific Jensen picture? There are sooooo many!

I have some other pictures though. :);)
Young Jensen Look at those big eyes!
Bit older Jensen Perfect teeth!
Older again In the pool. :D
And a crazy Jensen/Jared one really, Jared looks like a really crazy guy, from the pictures I've seen!

Jensen doesn't change all that much! In his face, that is.

Heehee, that picture of him in the pool his lips look blue, looks like he's really cold :lol:

What does the picture look like, we've all probably seen it before :)

Oh and that's why I love Jared so much (well not as much as Jensen but still ;)) He's just a big ol goof ball and I love him for it!

So is that what Dean supposedly lost in Hell? His non-virginal status? :lol:

:lol: Like Sam said, somethings just can't be fixed and I think that would count as one of them.

When I was watching the episode I was wondering if he was 'missing' something ... but I think he would've found that out by now :rolleyes:

Last edited:

aww that one of the pool is from like my fave dark angel episode.
yeah totally agree about....everything. so awesome i thought it was a bit slow at first but they were definitely not lacking on the hilarity last night. i just about died of laughter when dracula took off on the moped. and dean dressed up as hansel, so funny.
and the whole virginity convo was awesome, i don't think i've ever laughed so hard at an episode before.

when i went to watch the episode this morning someone had written a review and thought this was a "jump the shark" episode. and i was like :wtf: i thought the nod to old monster movies was awesome and perfect for supernatural. i think they did a great job capturing the look and feel they were going for, with the oktoberfest town, the music, and the acting slightly on the over the top and cheesey side.

i very much enjoy the funny episodes, so deans revirginization and dracula on the moped had me in stitches :guffaw:

^^really some one thought it jumped the shark?
i agree i liked the little cheesy moments, it worked well with the story line.
oh and a side note i LOVE your avatar <3

thanks :) i guess i should change my signature to say it was made by Voodoo_Angel ;)

and there were people who agreed with the jump the shark comment! :eek: but i dont think they really grasped the tribute to old movies concept, since they called it corny and cliche. and i was thinking "um yeah, that was the point..."

Maybe those people had never seen the old monster movies. It was supposed to be corny and cliched just like those movies, that was the whole point. :lol:

And Dracula's Hungarian accent was not that great, but then it wasn't supposed to be. :lol: And that other guy Ed was terrible with the accent too. :lol: I couldn't even understand him and I had to put on the CC to get what he was saying. :lol:

Did anyone notice that at one point when Dean was mocking Dracula (after Dracula's speech about being all monsters), there was one particular word that Dean said in that accent, but I can't remember which word. I only barely caught it. :lol:

And yeah, I don't think Dean was re-hymenated. But man that whole convo was the funniest thing ever!

The only thing that remotely sounded like that to me was when Dean said the word, "You do know what happens in every monster movie," is that the part you were talking about?. Dean sort of emphasized every, or that's how it sounded like to me :)

Ok, who else chuckled when Dracula said, "But I have a coupon," lol

That was not a jump the shark episode. I think the show just has a younger demographic (plus us oldies like me) and they just didn't get it. The whole thing was done amazingly well, and the show intro and credits were awesome! The couple in the car made me feel like I was watching a 50's werewolf movie- perfect.

Dean's lines, as previously mentioned, cracked me up as always. I wonder if Jared gets a bit frustrated having to be the straight man all the time? Anyway, I loved when he spots the vendor and gets that focused look on his face as he heads across the square like a zombie saying, "Big pretzels". :lol: Too hilarious. Even Sam looked amused at that one. And yeah, I almost wet myself when Dracula told the pizza guy he had a coupon! :lol:

No, that was a brilliant episode- no shark was jumped! I just love the diversity of the writing on Supernatural. Well done! :D

The only thing that remotely sounded like that to me was when Dean said the word, "You do know what happens in every monster movie," is that the part you were talking about?. Dean sort of emphasized every, or that's how it sounded like to me :)

Ok, who else chuckled when Dracula said, "But I have a coupon," lol

That's it. It was the word "every" that I caught the hint of the accent on. :lol: Thank you. I was going crazy trying to remember what it was. :lol:

And yeah, the Dracula pizza scene was hilarious. That pizza guy was like "uh... oooookkkkaaayyy." I bet he walked off thinking "what a nutjob". :lol: And I liked the way he said "coupon". He said "coo-pon". I've always pronounced it "cue-pon". :lol:

^ Hee, I've always pronounced it coo-pon. :lol: Loved the pizza guy, that was priceless.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: LEDERHOSEN!

Ha, I can't believe some people thought the show jumped the shark after that episode. It was just an all-around fun episode that doesn't take itself so seriously and it was a really nice break from the weight of the premiere/angel vs demons storyline.

Loved when Dean was saying how the X-Files is just a television show and what they do is real. :lol: The writers are brilliant.

Hehe, I think Erik Kriepke is the new Joss Whedon. :D

Dean's lines, as previously mentioned, cracked me up as always. I wonder if Jared gets a bit frustrated having to be the straight man all the time? Anyway, I loved when he spots the vendor and gets that focused look on his face as he heads across the square like a zombie saying, "Big pretzels". :lol: Too hilarious. Even Sam looked amused at that one. And yeah, I almost wet myself when Dracula told the pizza guy he had a coupon! :lol:

No, that was a brilliant episode- no shark was jumped! I just love the diversity of the writing on Supernatural. Well done! :D

Ok, when I read Jared I wonder if Jared gets a bit frustrated having to be the straight man all the time? I totally thought something else :eek: ... :lol:

Dean's Big Pretzel line was just so random that I bursted out laughing. And to me the preview to next week's episode looks just as funny :D

I loved loved LOVED this episode. I totally got the references, and I too think no sharks were jumped in the making of this episode.

LEDERHOSEN!!

And Sam making fun of Dean when he comes to rescue him. :lol:

I wonder if Jared gets a bit frustrated having to be the straight man all the time?

I remember an interview that Jensen gave saying that Jared has the hardest time holding in the laughter during funny scenes (remember Bad Day at Black Rock when he turns away because he's starting to laugh? oh yeah) so I can imagine Jared is thinking "PLEASE! Just once, let me get a scene where I get to make a funny!"

I'm an evil aunt. :D My niece and two nephews were over, and I got my 13 year old nephew to like Supernatural. And not just a little bit, but to where he kept asking my mom when it comes on Thrusday. :lol: Now he wants to come over every Thursday to watch it with me. *IS AWESOME!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back