Stop picking on the poor guy

I see what you're saying- I understand why he's gotten to the point he's gotten to. In fact, it may be one of the only things the writers really developed correctly- because I couldn't see him not changing with everything that happened to him. I personally just wish none of it had happened to him in the first place. I just liked him better when he wasn't as dark and didn't carry as much weight around with him. :)

I know what you mean with the whole 'killing Riaz' bit- when he actually stabbed him, it was really sad and it seemed like it was painful for him. However, I don't think his decision to chase him down to Brazil was right- he went there with the intention of killing him. I don't think that was right, especially because he puts people away for doing the same thing, whether they have a good reason (revenge, let's say) or not.

I don't think that H wanted to kill Riaz at first. The brazilian justice system was handling the guy after all. There was still hope, not much, but hope. Then they released him and H was pissed (well not just H). But it seemed like Riaz almost wanted it to happen. Why he ended up all alone in the end, when he had so many gangbangers at his disposal? Maybe he thougt that he can handle Eric all alone. Kill him and piss H off more. With that additional anger H would have maybe made mistakes. Maybe Riaz wanted to take his time til finishing H off. (thats just speculation on my part) all that was shattered when H arrived too quick. Riaz knew that he can't handle both of them. If H simply wanted to kill Riaz he could have shot him. Riaz had a knife, threatening not just him, but his collaegue and friend.

Yes H is putting away people who are doing nearly the same thing he does. H is not the one and only character being that conflicting. But "heroes" like that usually end up in pay-tv shows. Seeing the reactions to H's changes, I know why.
All that reminded me why I don't like S1 that much. Later he wasn't that ... "stuborn" anymore.

^ I guess I see it, as for Riaz. I still wish they never had Marisol killed in the first place (or at least given him a little less crap to deal with) so he wouldn't be so angry and be out for revenge. I personally liked him better in the early seasons.

Back