Stephen King movies/books

I've not read the Cell yet, although I've heard it's quite good. I was quite interested in the story line I thought it sounded very interesting. :)

I have to say that I haven't read any of his books but my mom has. I however like some of the movies. I liked Storm of the Century, The Shining (both of them), Christine and The Green Mile. Oh and Misery that was a good movie.

heartagram69 said:
i'm reading 'cell' by him atm, its really good so far. have any of you read it? if so did you like it? but dont spoil me :p

Ive got the hardback and..I have to say, it is not on par with his other books but the plot is good. Haventb...quite..managed to finish it and I had it for christmas 2005. :lol: :rolleyes:

My brother finished Cell in about a week or so (but he reads insanely fast :lol: :p He also finished Harry Potter 4 in the same amount of time in fourth grade!) and he liked it. He said it was eerie, but SK's books never scare him.

I started reading Carrie not too long ago and my advice to you folks- do not read it before bed!! :lol: :p I swear, it gave me the most terrible nightmares and I was only like 40 pages through it!

Currently I'm still working on Misery which in my opinion has to be one of the best things he's written. He gives a lot of his own insight onto writing in it, and it's so morbidly funny :lol: :p I was reading it on an airplane one day and... yeah :p

In movies, I've seen The Shining, Misery, Carrie *both versions* (Sissy Spacek is FREAKY! :eek:), Christine, Kujo, Secret Window (holy crap Johnny Depp can be scary... and sexy at the same time :lol:) and Storm of the Century, that I can name off the top of my head.

WWB, Marg's in The Tommyknockers?? :eek: *cough* now I might just have to see that... :rolleyes: I've already started my Jorja-movie collection :p

And yeah, Christine is kind of weird that way :lol: :p All of his books are weird, but they're unique that way. The movie is very low-budget, so it's actually kind of a funny horror movie ;)

I haven't read any of his novels (I put down It after a few pages due to my cowardice) but I've read 4 Past Midnight and Night Shift a long, long time ago and I liked them both. I want to read The Stand first before I plonk myself down in front of the TV to watch the mini-series. The thing is, the thickness of some of his books turn me off already even before I open them :(

quoth_the_raven said:
WWB, Marg's in The Tommyknockers?? :eek: *cough* now I might just have to see that... :rolleyes: I've already started my Jorja-movie collection :p
Yeah she was! She was great, also I think her off screen husband Alan Rosenberg is also in the film. :eek:

It's a really long film, I swear it's about 3 and half hours long. It's really good watch though, I recommend it. :)

Don't even get me started on Secret Window and Johnny Depp! *drool* :devil: :lol:

Ive kinda seen Tommyknockers, it was so frigging odd. I turned over onto it from another channel and was in the middle of a sex scene so I swiftly changed it back to what I was watching previously. :rolleyes:

Cujo- a good book, I liked reading that one.
Rose Madder- haha very odd book but I'll need to read it again soon though.

Tinkerbell said:
quoth_the_raven said:
Yeah she was! She was great, also I think her off screen husband Alan Rosenberg is also in the film. :eek:
Oh, yeah, Alan Rosenberg is in the film, and Marg's mom, too, Kay Helgenberger :)

I love Stephen King's movies and books. My favorite film is The Shining and my favorite book is The Regulators.
The next book I'm going to buy is Cell.

WillowsWannaBe said:
Tinkerbell said:
quoth_the_raven said:
Oh, yeah, Alan Rosenberg is in the film, and Marg's mom, too, Kay Helgenberger :)

Maybe they should just rename the movie The Helgenbergers :lol: :p

heartagram69 said:
i'm reading 'cell' by him atm, its really good so far. have any of you read it? if so did you like it? but dont spoil me :p

I read it and I liked it.

I thought he wasn't writing anymore? Didn't he announce his retirement after the last Gunslinger book came out?

BabaOReilly said:
I thought he wasn't writing anymore? Didn't he announce his retirement after the last Gunslinger book came out?

DONT you scare me like that! I know that's not true!!1 :eek: well, I hope not! :(

No, I'm serious. This was a couple years ago, actually. Obviously something's amiss though since he has new books out. :lol:

Back