Stephen King movies/books

SunsetBoulevard

moderator.exe
Who likes Stephen King? I know his stories are kind of old, and there are some really weird ones, but some of them are awesome.
Currently, my favourite series from him is The Dead Zone. I also like Shining, Carrie and Dolores Claiborne. Although, I've seen the movies only, I've never read any of his books.
Also, you can check out his works here :)

I really love the movie, The Shining. I've never read the book though. I have also seen Carrie, and IT. I'm currently in the middle of reading IT but its freaking me out! :lol:

I've seen The Shining and Stand By Me which was based on a true short story by him. I thought both were wonderful movies I want to start reading his novels but my library doesn't have many ones that lokk excellant.

I love his movies Stand by me and Rose Red.

I've also got a few books of him recently but haven't had the time to read them yet.

I am actually reading one of his books right now. Cell. It's about how cell phones destroy the world. EEEK!

LMAO! Yeah, he does have weird stories. My brother told me about Cristine, in which a CAR falls in love with a man! :eek: :lol:
I love The Tommyknockers. The storyline is not the best - well, it's okay, but the end isn't good. I may love the movie because the main character is Marg Helgenberger, my all-time favourite actress? Probably, guys, probably :D The basic storyline is cool. The first thing that lets you know it's a Stephen King movie is the scene in which a drink machine kills the sheriff. :p

A few years ago i read a whole load of Stephen King books in one go. I loved The Stand and Insomnia, though they are both hard to get through. The only film based on his books that i have seen is The Shinning. I saw it with a group of friends and because i was the only one who had read the book, i was the only one who understood it. My friends couldn't understand why Jack went mad or how the hotel was linked into the story. I think the book is better as it explains in more depth Jack's state of mind.
I think before the holidays are over i will try and rent The Green Mile as i have heard that it is the best and most faithful adaptation.

I also like/love the King books. I kinda try to collect the books. I started with "Dreamcatcher" which I won when the movie came out. Later I looked at ebay and cheap offers at every store that sold books. I think by n ow I got around 6 or 7 books. I'd like to read one of the "Dark Tower" books but the first one is always borrowed. ^^

I also love the movies. I remember that I couldn't sleep some nights after I watched "Storm of the century" because of this one scene when the "devil"(?) was sitting in jail and you could only his black eyes. I was so scared in that moment. ^^

WillowsWannaBe said:
LMAO! Yeah, he does have weird stories. My brother told me about Cristine, in which a CAR falls in love with a man! :eek: :lol:
I've not read the book, but Christine was made into a movie. I watched it last year. It was well weird, but very good. I would like to read the book actually.

I seen tons of Stephen King movies; IT, Stand By Me, Green Mile, Secret Window, Carrie etc. I've not read many books though. About 9 years ago I brought Insomnia and I couldn't take to it, then last year I brought Secret Window/Four Past Midnight, which was 4 short stories in the one book (including Secret Window). I fell in love with the book, it was really good. At the moment I'm reading Lisey's Story, which is interesting, although I'm only a few chapters into it. I really want to start reading the older books like Cujo and The Shinning. :)

I dont like many of his films.

But I adore his books. They can range from disturbing to creepy or just a good action book. The Stand, Ive got the extended version which is about 1000 pages and damn, it's a good read! Needful Things, my god, what a freaky story! That's the best thing about King, I can read his books over and over again without getting bored of his works.

I have yet to like any of his books except the GunSlinger which I felt was a bit boring. I only have the series King did left to read in hsi collection and oh, the new book which is due to be released soon.

I've read pretty much all of King's "horror" novels, and all of the Gunslinger series (which had highs and lows). My faves would have to be The Stand, Salem's Lot, The Shining (I liked the book much better than the movie) and It. I also loved a couple he did with Peter Straub- The Talisman and Black House. Fantastic. :)

The thing about his work is that he doesn't so much do a character study as he does a whole town story. He really creates a whole place for you and brings it to life and that takes some serious talent to pull together.

Wow, it seems like a long time since I have read a Stephen King book... I used to love them when I was younger, although most of them did terrify me!

Pet Sematary was a great book as was IT, although they both really scared me as did the movie versions. There are so many great books and movies that people forget came from the books. Two of the best movie versions I think came from two short stories, the Shawshank Redemption, which is a fantastic movie and originally came from King's short story 'Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption' and 'Stand by Me'. Stephen King is a truly prolific writer. :)

BabaOReilly said:
The thing about his work is that he doesn't so much do a character study as he does a whole town story. He really creates a whole place for you and brings it to life and that takes some serious talent to pull together.

I agree. You really feel like you are there.

i'm reading 'cell' by him atm, its really good so far. have any of you read it? if so did you like it? but dont spoil me :p

Back