Stephen King movies/books

I'm not a consistant reader but have fallen in love with The Stand...the movie's okay too though not as good as the book. And having Gary Sinise as Stu keeps me more than happy for the 8 hours lol. *drool* Although between Gary and Las Vegas the plot bunnies really want me to do a crossover LOL. If Gris or any of the CSIs lived I think they'd be sad if they heard Vegas was being used for all kinds of evil stuff, even the police dept. And Mac in NY...also would be fun to write. But if I posted it on there y'all would likely throw things at me for killing so many chars LOL

There's a short story called NIght Surf in the Night Shift collection which is the story that was the basis for The Stand. And Randall Flagg appears in the Dark Tower series as well. I also heard there's a scene in one book that seems to cross through the Stand-verse so to speak.

I've been reading Stephen King for a really long time - since high school. His older stuff still stands out as the best he's ever written: The Stand, Misery, It, Christine, Carrie and the like.

The movies are hit or miss: It was probably one of the worst adaptations of a Stephen King novel I have ever seen, but I loved The Stand.

BabaOReilly said:
I thought he wasn't writing anymore? Didn't he announce his retirement after the last Gunslinger book came out?

I remember hearing something about him saying he was going to retire, but yeah, since he has two new books out... :lol: :p Once a writer, always a writer I always say. You can't just abruptly stop if it's in your blood :p

Back