Stella/Melina #5: Queen of Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!

Not really a new fan here, not in the slightest, I was on here ages back, then for some reason didnt come for ages but now Im back again. I think I did that once before as well, leave and then come back several months later. I think its been over a year now. Anyway hello to everyone, whether you remember me from ages back, or if you were here ages back but dont remember me, or if youvejoined since I left. Perhaps I will stay longer this time, I will try.

Hey you both, Glam chic and Aussieturtle, be welcome to the Stellarina thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DThis is the place with the nicest people all over the world:bolian:

Glam chic THANK YOU!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Melina looks a*ma*zing!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Is just me or her hair looks longer??????:eek: i really like it!
Make me remember Stell at the bar scene in "Consequences":bolian::bolian::bolian:

Her back clavage is spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'd love so much if Stell could wear somthing like that (i like her with a fancy dress everytime she has an event outside tha lab:thumbsup:

Debbie:bolian:

ps: Anj you simply ROCK!:bolian::bolian:
ps2: where is Jenn???????????????????????????????

Glam chic ,be welcome to the Stellarina thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks darling! However, it may surprise you to know I've been here from Stella/Melina thread #1 lol. I was formly jorja_fan86 & left the boards for rl but I come by to check up on my favourite NY star & character :thumbsup:.

I would love to see Melina do a movie in which she plays a Greek character. Doesn't matter if it's comedy, drama, thriller whatever. To hear her speak Greek would be awesome & plus, she's extremely proud of her Greek heritage (like me) so it wouldn't be a strech heehee.

If she can't make a film, at least set an episode in Astoria. That's where all the Greeks are :D!

If she can't make a film, at least set an episode in Astoria. That's where all the Greeks are :D!

That would be fantastic. I'd love to hear her speaking Greek again and an episode referencing her Greek heritage or focusing on NY's Greek community would be great.

I wish I was Greek lol. I'd be proud too. I want a culture. *pouts* and hearing when Stella speaks Greek in the show is absolutely divine. I can never understand what she's saying obviously but it sounds really cool. Has she ever spoken Greek to anyone other than Mac? Because I've only ever heard her say Greek stuff to Mac!

That would be fantastic. I'd love to hear her speaking Greek again and an episode referencing her Greek heritage or focusing on NY's Greek community would be great.

One thing that puzzles me is how the character of Stella is so attached to her Greek heritage. She was raised in an orphanage and in foster homes from a presumably very young age. Did we ever establish when she went into the orphanage? Not that people can't get interested in their heritage without the influence of a family, but it seems to me that kind of interest in your heritage including knowledge of the language stems from being raised learning things about it all along. Although could be St. Basil's (I think that is the name of the orphanage or maybe that is from fan fiction :) is a Greek Orthodox church and thus all children were raised with knowledge of Greek and with knowledge of Greek heritage. Or she could have gotten interested as she got older so she could feel some connection to the family she doesn't know.

Mina, I'm so glad to see you back here :D *hugs*

Your suggestion is great, Melina would be perfect in that role. It was a pity that she said no to the role in My Big Fat Greek Wedding ;)

For now, take care everyone and welcome to the new members! I hope you have a great time posting here :)

*hugs Sor* Glad to "see" ya again :D! It would've been nice to see Melina in MBFGW ( she bowed out due to being pregnant) but there's always a similar film & role like that somewhere, & hopefully she'll take it. The idea of her playing a Greek woman similar to herself would be something worth seeing!

And forgive me for going ot but like my dad said shopping, be proud of your culture no matter what it is :D. You don't have to be Greek to experience the culture, to love the language, food, music etc. I think everyone is a little Greek in their own ways.

I agree. And it would be a perfect oppurtunity to show her past. Maybe she could visit a Greek taverna that she would frequent as kid, allowing flashbacks of her going out with the other orphange kids. Or she could run into an old friend somewhere, & they could talk about certain events that happened at the orphanage. Either way, it allows for tons of possibilites to explore her childhood. And who knows, maybe at the end of the episode they'll show all the characters in the taverna with Melina showing them how to Greek dance while they wait for Greek cusine to arrive. That's something I'd love to see. Or she could teach them all Greek. Something tells me Flack would be really interested lol.

One thing that puzzles me is how the character of Stella is so attached to her Greek heritage. She was raised in an orphanage and in foster homes from a presumably very young age. Did we ever establish when she went into the orphanage? Not that people can't get interested in their heritage without the influence of a family, but it seems to me that kind of interest in your heritage including knowledge of the language stems from being raised learning things about it all along. Although could be St. Basil's (I think that is the name of the orphanage or maybe that is from fan fiction :) is a Greek Orthodox church and thus all children were raised with knowledge of Greek and with knowledge of Greek heritage. Or she could have gotten interested as she got older so she could feel some connection to the family she doesn't know.

You bring up a good & valid point. However, I somehow believe that she absorbed her culture through things such as books & music. She could've picked up a Greek-English dictionary or received one as kid. Also, because she went to a specific orphange there's a good chance they offered Greek lessons every so often.

I will also draw my theory from a friends experience. She's Greek from her mom's side & I think Italian or Spanish for her dad. Anyway, growing up she went to Italian or Spanish school, learnt the dances of her dads culture & went to events of her dad's heritage. She never learnt any Greek or did anything related to anything Greek. Anyway, four years ago she caught interest in her mom's culture & absorbed all the facts etc, experiencing what she never had as a kid. Now, she's one of the most patrotic Greeks I know (& she's only half) & you could never tell that she's half Italian or Spanish. I think that story relates to Stella, because Stella got to experience the Greek life, so to speak, in her orphanage. However, I don't know much about GO based orphanges so I could be wrong.

Either way, I just want the show to explore Stella's side. I'm sure Melina & all the fans would love that!

Yeah you're right glam chic. The thing is, I'm Australian (and proud of it) but we don't have specific dances or foods as part of our culture. There's nothing to really latch onto and learn you know?

Stella said in season 1 somewhere that she grew up in St Basil's Orphanage until she was 18, so if that's a Greek orthodox thing then that's probably how she picked it up. She also had a foster sister later in the series though so I don't know how that works lol.

Edit: by the way, does anyone have clips of that episode where Stella gets followed? I heard somewhere that someone follows her one time and she goes to a bar or something? It'd be great if someone does have it! xx

Last edited:
Your right shopping lover, we have no dances or food, just attitudes lol. Although the Aboriginal people have their own food and dances, we just didnt take them on. No witchedy grubs for me thank you. The only food I can think of is Pavlova, and Lamingtons. Apart from that its the clothes, and the 'That'll do' attitude. And the landmarks of course. Thats what it is to be proud of being an aussie I reckon. I too am very proud of it, and yet there is nothing I can really do to show it.

I'm sorry I didn't find a clip.:brickwall:and btw. she wasn't followed only one time I think two or three times. The first time in season 2 by Frankie in the end of their relationship and then in season 3 by Reed who thought she was his mother . And was she actually followed by Drew?? :confused:

Finally I was able to watch '15 Minutes':drool: Just awesome, especially because of Melina. She played that well :bolian: I have to watch it again.

And yesterday I also watched "All Access":thumbsup::thumbsup: Ohh it's my favourite eppy ever ! I think this Frankie story was the best storyline they've ever brought up. Beside "Right next door" it's the best Stella eppy:thumbsup:

I'm lucky that I have a friend from Greece so she can always what Stel's saying in greek.

glam_chic86
I looove the video! Thank you soo much:thumbsup:.

Anj:angel:

Glam chic ,be welcome to the Stellarina thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks darling! However, it may surprise you to know I've been here from Stella/Melina thread #1 lol. I was formly jorja_fan86 & left the boards for rl but I come by to check up on my favourite NY star & character :thumbsup:.

I would love to see Melina do a movie in which she plays a Greek character. Doesn't matter if it's comedy, drama, thriller whatever. To hear her speak Greek would be awesome & plus, she's extremely proud of her Greek heritage (like me) so it wouldn't be a strech heehee.

:lol:I bet you are our Stellarina Queen, Glam!:bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian:

I'm crazy for your idea. I wish we had the chance to Stella or Melina for instance speaking in Greek or mostly the movie and/or episode or singing in Greek like she did in GL:bolian: Besides she has such beautiful voice!!!! It's just a pity her musical talent is wasted on the show:wtf:

Private, i think that fact speaks volumes how sensitive Stella is. Some people in other thread said she was cold back in Season 1. I think they are completely wrong. She was raised in the orphanage since she was a baby (she said so). I don't know how she found out about her roots. People i know who were adopted try desesperately to know about their biological families. I don't think Stella is different to the majority. But being an orphan makes her cautious when she shows her feelings towards something or someone. The proof is only Mac and we can talk about Flack as her closest friends after so many years.
So she is a CSI and i think she has resources to find out about her family but maybe she doesn't want to know the whole story yet as it happened to Olivia from Law&Order SVU who only after 8 years knew who her father was
I wonder if she comes from a wealthy family:confused: she always has been so glamorous.

Jenn--> You ausssies have an identity. Maybe because it was a country made by inmigrants all of you have that open mind behaviour. So be proud of it my dear!:bolian:

Debbie:bolian:

I would like to see Stella eventually find out the history of her family through a case, although that means that something happened to them. Still Id rather her parents be killed than to have given her up. Sounds harsh but it would be hard to believe someone like Stella could have been born of people who would give her up. Perhaps a robbery gone wrong, and the gun used is now used in a homocide case. But yes I would like it if Stella would find out about her past, but not yet, its a bit soon, a little later on would be perfect.

And I think there is a pretty good chance that she comes from a wealthy family, since it isnt cheap to entirely relocate to a new country, especially if the city is New York...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back