Stella #3 - She's No Ordinary Superwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melina played Syd Hansen, a doctor in Providence, RI...I think she was a plastic surgeon or something? I don't remember much because I haven't seen much of it. I know her dad was a vet or something like that...there were other family members but I'm kinda blank LOL

I've never seen anything from Providence so I can't say anything..!Melina in a greek soap opera!
;)That is so no Stella!!hey ''oxi''is not the only thing they say but about their story is true!But I don't think she could take part in a show like that,I mean so different from CSI!..and I don't need to imagine her like that! :lol:

kissmesweet said:
^^ Sorry to lead you guys off track, but what is Providence about?

I found this off imdb.com & it'll probably help:

Dr. Sydney Hansen, a successful plastic surgeon in Hollywood, California, quits her private practice and returns to her hometown in Providence, Rhode Island after the sudden death of her controling, demanding mother Lynda, in order to keep her dyfunctional family together which a little help and advice from Lynda who gives advice from beyond the grave in helping Sydney deal with her new career as a doctor for the local free clinic and dealing with her distracted veterinarian father Jim, her mixed-up sister Joanie, and younger brother Robbie, a small-time hustler.

Melina was the one who played Sydney Hansen :).

:lol: Hey athens you never know. But at least with the Greek soap operas that I watch if they're not fighting & shouting, "Oxi, oxi!" they're sleeping together & if not that they're planning how to kill another person. I only watch it 'cause my yiayia makes me. I wonder if Melina was forced to watch that crap growing up so she could learn the language :lol:.

*eta* For those who want to vote for the next title but hadn't had a chance to you can do so buy going to the poll on the previous page. The poll is quite close to the bottem of the page so it should be easy to find :).

No problem ;). Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's avilable over on amazon.com as I saw it there a few months ago. I'm sure you can catch it on television as well with reruns. I think I seen only one or two episodes & now I can't find any channels that air it. Oh well, I'm just happy Melina is doing this show now. Speaking of which, how did you all hear about Melina?

^^ Wait a minute. The one on Amazon is only a collection and not individual seasons!! Has anyone got more details on this??

You mean the first time we heard about Melina Kanakaredes?

Well for me it was CSI New York, well the first crossover with Miami. The I went to Internet and checked their names. When I saw hers I was like wtf??? :lol: that's so long... and pretty, great last name ;)

For me, it was CSI: NY. I've always heard about her and stuff. My mom likes her, but I really noticed what a great actress she was on NY... :D She's gorgeous and an amazing actress!

kissmesweet said:
^^ Wait a minute. The one on Amazon is only a collection and not individual seasons!! Has anyone got more details on this??

Sadly I think that's all they have to offer :(. I don't think you'll be able to find all the complete seasons on DVD anywhere but then I could be wrong. I'll try looking around but as for now that's all I know of. Hopefully they'll release all the episodes on DVD as it seems like a great show that Melina shined in.

The first time that I saw Melina was in the movie Rounders :D She had a little part and I thought: I like this woman, I want to get more information about her :p Then I saw on the Internet that CSI:NY was going to start :D And yup her name was there 2! :p I loved CSI and CSI:Miami already, CSI:NY was one of my new favourite tv series and it still is :D

I remember seeing Melina on a bus ad with Gary Sinise for CSI:NY. It was the first week of classes in '04 & I kept reminding myself to watch the show because I knew at that time Melina was Greek & I wanted to support a fellow Greek by watching her show. However, I actually didn't get around to watching it until Til' Death Do We Part aired :lol:. Anyway, since then Melina has become my favourite actress :D.

I'm friends with an actor who worked with her, only I can't recall the name of the project. He said he saved her life though. :lol: And he also said she's a really sweet lady, he thinks very highly of her.

Ooh what a cool story of finding out about Melina. It certainly beats mine :lol:. I just wondered how he saved his life. Anyway, it's pretty interesting :D.

^^ :lol: Melina's beautiful and a talented actress. I'm thinking of ordering the Providence DVDs for my mom and then I'll probably end up "borrowing" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back