Stargate

Hehhe, just wanted to tell. My and my bf finally managed to buy what we've been looking at for some time... STARGATE ALL SEASONS + 2 movies :lol: from 99£ (which about 130€) from amazon.co.uk :D And it came here so fast, in a week!

Nice! I only have seasons 9 and 10, but I have both Ark of Truth and Continuum. What do you think about the new Stargate Universe coming out? Plus, I've heard there are at least 2 more new movies coming out- one for Atlantis and another one for SG1.

Oh and watch for a scene in season 1 episode The Corai- there's a scene where the villagers are uncertain about SG1, but then they all come out to see them, and there's a shot of this one guy waving another villager to follow him... that's my cousin! :lol: Yeah yeah, like you'll even notice that! :lol:

My cousin was an extra for years in Vancouver(until around 2003), so he's been on every show filmed here at some point. He was on Stargate a lot, but that was his most "visible" moment. He'd jokingly play that scene and rewind it over and over again for me and his wife and we'd just roll our eyes. :lol:

Hmm, I think I'll try out SGU just for nostalgia's sake. the prevs looked interesting. different, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. excited to hear about new movies! very cool. and as for Ben Browder, would you believe I was watching Farscape LONG before I started SG1? then got into the whole Sam/Jack ship and caught up. Ah, Upgrades, WoO, and any ep with Alternate!Carter where she's married to Jack. lol. Solitudes!!! One of my all-time fave eps. <sigh> I miss the good old days. although, Scifi finally got some new and interesting programming a few years ago. Eureka anyone? love that series. Wtf with the SyFy? So stupid.

Ah, just watched first two episodes and omg! RDA has some colour in his hair! I've just watched 5 season of MacGyver so this is good to continue with ;)
Oh man, the pilot. We laughed at the villager, who was throwing stones when jaffas were shooting at SG teams at the gate :lol: I mean, every SG memeber is down, hiding behin stones and this dude just stands there and throws stones :lol:

As for the whole season box. Normal dvdbox for tvshow costs about 40€, so would have been over 400€ :eek: even now I've seen stargateboxes s1-6 to be sold for 25e, it's still lot more. And we don't mind even we dont' have Finnish subtitles

About SU - I don't know how I can handle Robert Carlyle at scifishow :lol: :lol: well.. I guess within time like with RDA ;) ...from somewhere I read they try to get new audience with SU - probably means younger and don't know how it would affect... is it too soft? We shall see

Ah, just watched first two episodes and omg! RDA has some colour in his hair! I've just watched 5 season of MacGyver so this is good to continue with ;)
Oh man, the pilot. We laughed at the villager, who was throwing stones when jaffas were shooting at SG teams at the gate :lol: I mean, every SG memeber is down, hiding behind stones and this dude just stands there and throws stones :lol:

I noticed he never threw one anybody was hiding behind.
But that was pretty funny him throwing stones. Another funny moment in the 2 hour pilot episode: O'Neill sends that box of Kleenex thru the gate to Abydos. Daniel sends it back with "Thanks. Send more." wrote on it. :lol:
I've been rewatching my Stargate SG-1 DVDs the last 3 or 4 days. I don't care too much for seasons 8-10 but seasons 1-7 are good.
You wanna hear how I first became a fan of Stargate SG-1???
Well, I'm gonna tell you whether you wanna hear it or not. Ha. Ha.
Back in 2002, on a Saturday, I was bored with the same old tv shows every weekend. Back then we had 2 Fox stations. One out of Birmingham, Alabama and one out of Huntsville, Alabama. We don't have that Birmingham Fox station now. Cable company removed it. Anyway, on that Saturday in 2002 I grabbed up my TV Guide and starting scanning Saturday afternoon for ANYthing other than the same old tv shows. I found Stargate SG-1, I think it was listed under that Fox station we no longer have. I know I found it in TV Guide about 15-30 minutes before it came on. It came on and I watched and I was hooked. I definitely remember the episode. It was the season 4 episode "The First Ones".
So, that's how I became a fan of Stargate SG-1.
Anyone else wanna share how they became a fan???

Last edited:
I loved the movie, and I loved RDA, so when I heard they were going to make a series out of it, I HAD to check it out. I sort of stuck with it through til about season 3 or so and then I got away from it. After that, I'd just sort of catch random episodes on Space, since they've been airing it non-stop for years. I felt like RDA was sort of phoning it in for the last couple seasons he was in, so I was sort of getting over it around season 7 I guess, but then I randomly caught the first one with Ben Browder and totally loved it. He sort of rejuvenated the show for me. And Claudia Black was so different from her Farscape character that I had no dificulty with seeing the 2 of them together on a new show. Plus, her character cracks me up. Anyway, it was just starting to get interesting for me again and then it was cancelled. Oh well- such is life. I watched Atlantis too, and I'm at least going to give Universe a try. :)

I don't actually remember... as for Stargate the movie... oh damn it is boring as hell :lol: I watched it once on tv, then taped it on 2nd time and then have watchd only the scenes where is James Spader :p :lol:

One of our channels showed it, don't remember how or when I started to watch it. Well it had RDA, that was probably one reason :lol: and my bf back then watched lots of scifi so this was one of those that I actually liked
Then channel started to treat it crappy... showed 4-5 episodes and then on the break, then 4-5 episodes and same thing and I believe they stopped to show it after season 4 or 5 (I think season 4) - now it's sister channel is showing it and I don't know have they bought rights to the all seasons, they are showing season 3 atm

Man, I love watching the old Stargates when, yes indeed, RDA still had the brownish hair! And he was a little leaner around the middle. ;) I totally had a crush on MacGyver!

Still, he'll always hold a special place for me. Good old Jack.

since a month or so, i m addict to stargate sg1 with richard and michael shanks.

the show has fun and drama and everything, i love the show.
its never to late right? i am now at season 7.

and the best episode was the dead of Daniel(season 5 meridian)
it was so sad that i cryed a lttle bit.the scene wth jack and daniel infront of the gate was great.
there are more but this jumped out the list.

I have in this order: A question, a compliment and a thread-topic related post.

Question: How can guests post??? I've seen some posts in this thread where it usually tells the poster's name and shows their avatar, it just says guest.

Compliment: Baba O'Reilly, I love your avatar and your signature.

Stargate: My favorite season 5 episode is Wormhole X-treme, which just happens to be the 100th episode.

Hey! I didn't realize there was a Stargate thread! I just got into the series a couple months ago, and have finally finished watching all 10 seasons. Samantha Carter is my new hero. :lol: And, since it's Amanda Tapping's birthday today, I'll say HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!. :thumbsup:

And I think my favorite episodes are the two-parter: Jolinar's Memories and The Devil you know.

I loved the Stargate film, so when the series came on I started watching it, from the very beginning, way back when.
I wasnt so keen on the last few series. Daniel was my favourite (and I hated the epi where he died) but I really missed RDA when he left. S10 I started to enjoy it more again, but it was when sky and Virgin Tv had there dispute so I have seen every epi of SG1 except the last 2! Which is rubbish. Maybe one day I will get to see them.

My favourite episodes are the ones where Apophis comes in his ship to destroy Earth or whatever, and the team have gated onto the ship. Sorry, terrible with epi names.

Ohh, and happy Birthday Amanda. I always loved her character, and she seems a really nice person.

shippyangel, if you're a fan of the movie Stargate or the show Stargate SG-1 or the show Stargate: Atlantis or all 3 then of course you can join in.

Bring on the Stargate love. The more the merrier. :)

I just saw a preview for Universe. Coming in October- crazy! I can't wait to check it out. I hope it doesn't suck... :lol:

Back