Spoilers in the Big Apple - Season 3 Spoilers Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
La_Guera said:

-Lindsay and Danny are "forever bonded", but their destiny is "dashed"? AHAHAHAHAHAHA! If I ever needed proof that this franchise was catering to pubescent girls and lonely, bored, housewives, there it is, encapsulated in all its putrescent glory.

ahemmm....
i'm a housewife and sometimes i am bored, (i laugh and joke at it myself in a funny way...), does that lower me in any way? :confused:

anyway.
i so knew there was more teenage drama to come...sigh...
i'm hoping too the writers come to their senses, realize this is not 90210 and drop D/L for good...fingers crossed!
what does distraction even mean???
happy about the mac storyline though, that, if anything is different... :rolleyes:

ahemmm....
i'm a housewife and sometimes i am bored, (i laugh and joke at it myself in a funny way...), does that lower me in any way?

Not unless you live vicariously through unrealistic TV romances and change the channel on anything requiring a firing synapse.

I was always on board with your idea, but only if all the scenes call for no emotion, not a trace, not a bit. It must be totally devoid of emotion, because not even for Lindsay’s swift exit am I willing to put up will shrill scrunch-faced sub par acting for more than two episodes. If you promise that every line will be uttered the same way as “the faces of my four dead friends” then I will start a write in campaign demanding the writers and show runners acquiesce to your idea and then I’ll have a statue erected in your honour, but if there is crying, if there is angst, if there is yelling you’ll wake up one day and their will be an unfamiliar tear-stained face on your doorstep asking if you are ready to feel the pain from my kicks of steel.

*cries* Marry me. Right now. Let's elope and run off to a happy place with no scrunch-faces, no wangst and no fauxmance. I love you JDonne, and I don't mean in a "go to Montana" type of way. *heart eyes*

PS) We agreed she was psychopathic, or sociopathic, or whichever one it was that makes you devoid of emotion, in order to keep with the character. :D

La_Guera said:
ahemmm....
i'm a housewife and sometimes i am bored, (i laugh and joke at it myself in a funny way...), does that lower me in any way?

Not unless you live vicariously through unrealistic TV romances and change the channel on anything requiring a firing synapse.

i know this is not the place, so feel free to delete my post...
if laGuera gets to read me well, otherwise amen ;)
i just think that what you wrote was out of place,KWIM?
i'm notta gonna stand up for the-housewives-pride,but being "commercial" or however you wanna call it, has absolutely nothing to do with what is your main activity in life and it's very sad that it comes out in this very stereotipical way.
i'm not up for discussion but that remark got to me.
what happened to politically correct (now i'm just kidding, for the record :) )???

This is why I could never be a cop. My constant baboon dancing would get me fired.
But I would so very love to see you on NY--wheeling in from time to time to point and laugh, sing a song, roll over Danny's toes when he's hallucinating, etc. It would be a riot! :lol:

If the relationship does come to a definitive end, one has to wonder why they invested so much time and effort in building it up?
Well, these people can be fickle, and they might pursue something doggedly for a time and then totally change their mind. *shrug* It could just be my opinion, but I think the D/L stuff has gotten them the ratings they were so hoping for (or at least didn't kill them, so automatic success :rolleyes:), and what's already happened can't get them more ratings, so if they move on to a bigger and better storyline for the characters, they can pursue ratings that way without risking things going down the poop shoot when the story loses oomph...

Actually, I want to see Louie break up the impending consummation of the D/L relationship by bashing in the door to Danny's apartment with his motorized wheelchair and declaring, "Danny, I'm your brother," while the Vader theme swells.
*snicker* You went into more detail in Messenger about that scene, but I'm glad you brought it up. That would be hilarious. :lol:

In S1, Stella says she was in St. Basil's until she was 18, and now she was in foster care with a family affluent enough to live in a brownstone?
Exactly, that's why it sounded wrong to me, dutch_treat. If she hadn't specifically said that she'd been in the orphanage 'ever since I can remember, until I was 18,' or something very similar, I might have bought that she ended up in foster care later on. *le sigh*

Oh, for the love of screaming Jesus on toasted cornflakes. If you aren't up for discussion on the topic of the oppression of housewives, then why did you respond? I'm not the first person to make such a statement about the direction of the show. In fact, an almost identical thought was expressed in the Dear Writers thread? Where was your umbrage then?

That you took the statement as a reflection of your value as a human veing is not my problem.

La_Guera said:
ahemmm....

Wow, I see you've met my mother, then? Eight hour marathons of the "true life movie" channel. :eek:

I think the general consensus is - we're really praying that the-end-of-season-dramathon is even remotely connected to Louie?

I really hope we get a mention of Louie. Either the possibility that he's alive or the closure that he's not! It'a almost been a year now and Shane Casey has mentioned Louie more than his own brother has! That's how scary it is!

Praying that the D/L realtionship isn't only dashed but stuck back in the episode of the OC where is has clearly been pulled from.

La_Guera said:
Oh, for the love of screaming Jesus on toasted cornflakes. If you aren't up for discussion on the topic of the oppression of housewives, then why did you respond? I'm not the first person to make such a statement about the direction of the show. In fact, an almost identical thought was expressed in the Dear Writers thread? Where was your umbrage then?

That you took the statement as a reflection of your value as a human veing is not my problem.

i wrote something as with this post right now you got me pretty pissed but i deleted.
it doesn't matter, you know?
i just think i was much nicer with you than you were with me.
if i were you, and i'm not, i would have just apologized like "i don't think i said anything wrong but if i did than i'm sorry"...
i mean a simple i didn't mean it like that would have been great don't you agree?
you ceirtainly are up for discussion. big time.
and BTW, if your remark was about me being gay for example that would look like a totally different matter wouldn't it?
and i don't care about what someone else wrote in another thread, i'm reading yours now and i answer.
during that other post i was probably being a lonely bored housewife, i guess....

myName said:
said:

i wrote something as with this post right now you got me pretty pissed but i deleted.
if i were you, and i'm not, i would have just apologized like "i don't think i said anything wrong but if i did than i'm sorry"...
i mean a simple i didn't mean it like that would have been great don't you agree?
and BTW, if your remark was about me being gay for example that would look like a totally different matter wouldn't it?
and i don't care about what someone else wrote in another thread, i'm reading yours now and i answer.
during that other post i was probably being a lonely bored housewife, i guess....

Okay, firstly, this is getting a little out of hand for what was obviously an off-the-cuff remark.

myName - are you a lonely, bored housewife? Not a housewife, a lonely, bored one. Who sits watching TV all day for lack of anything else to do? I'm guessing maybe you're not, and in that case there's no reason to be offended. There's nothing shameful about being a housewife, and a good portion of forum members fit that description. They also tend to be at home, so have more TV-watching opportunities than most people, so yes, they become this stereotypical archtype for classifying viewers. You've got your kids, your teenagers, your bored housewives, yadda.

La_Guera is maybe guilty of using a stereotype and and a cliche, but I don't think for a second that anyone thought it was an attack on all housewives. It's just an easy way of getting across an idea about the kind of person La_Guera thinks a certain plot device appeals to. It was a way of making a point. By right, it was a hefty insult to teenage girls as well, but if La_Guera had included something about lazy bum students, I wouldn't have been offended at all, because I'd see it as the writing device it is.

MichelleK said:
I really hope we get a mention of Louie. Either the possibility that he's alive or the closure that he's not! It'a almost been a year now and Shane Casey has mentioned Louie more than his own brother has! That's how scary it is!

Praying that the D/L realtionship isn't only dashed but stuck back in the episode of the OC where is has clearly been pulled from.

I'm with you 100%. I really want to know what had happend to Louie. The fact that Shane Casey episodes mentioned him proves the writers haven't forgotten about him, but they didn't give any hint to his current status. We deserve to know and I'm looking forward to learning the truth.I wrote a fanfic theory not that long ago and I'm interested as to how close I was.

I really hope the D/L thing will be permantly dropped. I don't mind Danny finding romance but it should be with somebody he actually has chemistry with. The writers should take their own cues from the Mac/Peyton relationship to see the correct way to do romance on this show.

during that other post i was probably being a lonely bored housewife, i guess..

What? Just...what? What does sexual orientation have to do with the price of beans? As far as I know, there is no such thing as "gay TV", or TV specifically tailored to the LGBT community. By contrast, there certainly is television marketed towards teens and housewives. It's called soap operas, and the writers are very clearly intent on treading a path aimed at that market with the D/L storyline.

Your analogy between sexual orientation and employment status is ridiculous, and I can only assume you're trolling. As Silencer proved, people such as I described-bored, lonely housewives-do exist, and so do bored, lonely housewives without a firing synapse. If they didn't, writers wouldn't reach for them as a useful analogy or absurdist device.

At no time did I insinuate that you were a bored, lonely housewife, let alone a bored, lonely housewife without a firing synapse. In fact, I tried to imply the opposite with my initial reply. You made that leap on your own, and that's not my problem.

I'm stepping away from this. If you really want to continue the idiocy, PM me. The thread doesn't need this useless fapping.

Ok, since this is the spoiler thread, is there anything on Peyton in the next few (gasp, last of the season!) episodes?
I thought she was going to be in one - next weeks(?)- but anything after that? Needless to say, I'm a fan of the whole Mac/Peyton thing and I hope that Claire Forlani stays on the show.

Raven04 said:
looks like christina aguilera is still going to be on csi:

Pop superstar Christina Aguilera is to appear in hit TV show CSI: New York, and plans have already been made for a darker theme for the episode.

Aguilera will put her fledgling acting skills to the test in the Crime Scene Investigation series, having previously only voiced a small part in the animated movie Shark Tale.

Executive producer Anthony Zuiker says, "Christina's a fan of the show, and we're excited to have her. The episode will probably explore the topic of battered women."

Aguilera has been an avid campaigner against domestic violence after revealing her father physically abused her mother during her childhood.

Credit: starpulse

I actually JUST heard that on the radio now... Weird. So, I guess that wasn't totally lost. Frankly, I'm sick of her singing, so maybe she'll grow on me as an "actress".
ANYWAY, back to your discussion... I'm all for brining back Louie... I dont know why they left that story hanging...

^^I like Mac/Peyton as well. Claire Forlani is a great actress. And yes, she will be in the upcoming eppys...I know for sure she's in one but I don't know which one it is. As for how long, I know she'll be in at least one scene.

In relation to the spoiler for D/L...I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I have no control over it, so there's no point in getting upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back