Spoilers For Season 3-You've Been Warned!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

about the Lindsay standing Danny up... I'm a huge DL shipper, so that's eww, but if it plays into the story line, whatev. But I think that the scene should be a "Where were you" thing not a let's see Danny get blown off thing... that would be too much "relationship" drama, which the show doesn't really need that much of.

2. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

The source described the step-son as a young man (and sorry again for my poor english causing confusion, kid/teenager/young man..urrrhh). The moment they share is more like a man to man scenario, they are totally strangers to each other except Mac knew the boy's existance and his name. They sat down, they talked about Claire. Mac wanted to remain contact but the young man said no because he is not related to Mac at all and what he came to find is already gone. Then he left.

I don't think this is a long-run plot, maybe just one scene.

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I really should stop reading the spoiler threads at TalkCSI. It's not good for my blood pressure. Sometimes I want to gnaw my hand off at the wrist, pick up the twitching, arachnid appendage, wave it above my head, and shriek, "The cases! Does anyone remember the cases? Please! Anyone!" while my stump spurts dramatic gouts of blood into the air. The bright side, if I choose this course of action, is that I will die shortly thereafter, and thus, not be subjected to any more hackneyed, badly-executed plot ideas.

I'm not averse to character development-really, I'm not-but in order for a big bang to be successful, there has to be a slow burn beforehand, and I don't mean the episode before or fifteen minutes before. It's like, well...you know. Sure, the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am can be fun occasionally, but too often, it leaves you feeling oogy and chafed and wondering what just happened and why you thought it was a good idea.

I'm still going to watch the show for my Flack fix, but I cannot take it seriously as a procedural drama anymore. If I want personal angst done well and done right, I'll do it myself and read fic from those I trust. CSI:NY was a wonderful, gritty show in S1, and it's just a pity Les Moonves and CBS didn't trust the fanbase to support it as it done for the other shows in the franchise.

Sadly, with the news that Grey's Anatomy has trounced CSI in their first head-to-head, things are probably going to get worse.

4. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

I totally understand your feelings and that's why I've been hesitated to post the spoiler details, maybe I should not post details.

About the case, they didn't forget the case, this ep's case actually is quite intense, and Flack has a good part in it.

5. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

No, that was just a dream I had.

A good one.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Meh. So if Claire was about 18 when she had said kid, and he was not yet 18 at the time she died, she'd be, what, less than 36? So Mac has a thing for younger women, perhaps. *shrug* Or maybe I'm just not getting this totally.

I think it could be done well, but just to suddenly go 'oh, yeah, by the way...' is kind of lame. Of course, to look at things in a positive way, we might get some information about Claire. Of course, they could have done this by having her parents come by or something, but do they ever take the sensible route?

I guess it's good that the kid didn't kill someone and that's why they found him. :rolleyes:

Er, I think Mac/Peyton is enough, or more than enough, as far as how much 'relationship drama' CSI:NY needs.

Edit: No, we like spoilers, devildoll, even if we bitch about them. :lol:

7. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

devildoll, I agree with Faylinn, we love spoilers! Keep posting 'em! That way we can have loads of fun hashing them out, bitching and tearing our hair, squeeing, & speculating to our hearts' content while we're impatiently awaiting a new episode! That's what we do here, y'know? And we're damn good at it... :D

8. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I'm confused, but where did you guys hear about Mac having a step-son? Did I miss something?

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Orison, where are you? :(

Do you have the scoop on this stepson talk? :confused:

The spoiler about Lindsay standing Danny up. WTF's wrong with her?? How could anybody stand that man up?? :eek: I'd have to literally be dead to stand him up. She better have a good reason for it.

Danny's such a drama queen I can totally see him freaking out about it and acting like a two year old. BTW, I mean that in a good way. :p I wouldn't want Danny any other way.

10. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I just got some info, and according to what I read, Stella sees this young guy following her, then points him out to Mac, who grabs him, long story short. They find out the guy thought Stella was Claire, Mac's dead wife. Turns out Claire gave this kid up for adoption when she was young, and the kid wanted to track her down. Mac is nice, tells the kid a bit about her, then the kid leaves. That's it, mostly.

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Well then, it's simply some background information on Mac/Claire (I always have been a wee bit curious about Claire). It's nice to know that it wont' be a long term thing, with this kid. Like I said earlier, it's nice to have some character development, but hey, not soooo much. And I hope to hell the writers tread carefully, because that can be a very good - or very bad - storyline.

12. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

Orison is on holiday, so she won't be around until the begin of next month (?) I thought.

I can't believe there are so many details out for that step-son plot, I first need to see that fit in a episode.

13. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I get the info from the same place as Orison, I believe, so I don't mind filling in a bit!

14. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Excellent point my dear Watson, and I agree with you. Danny any other way, would be, well, not suitable!

15. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

lol totally. we love him jus the way he is :D