**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Miami faces a 'dramatic betrayal''...that's the title in the news. Who do you think it will be? Eric, who still works for DA office? Will he then come back to work as a team member? Or maybe it will be someone else?

O'Brien's statement does sound like they are setting someone up to go.

I don't find the statement promoting this episode enticing or something I'm really looking forward to.

I think this statement may be an ominous warning that we should prepare ourselves to lose someone. So it's highly possibly that what a lot of us have feared would happen with Eric's return might just happen and we need to prepare ourselves to lose a character we care about. :(
Ominous is just the word I thought of when I read that article.We will lose one for sure,possibly two.
Of course I can't find the info I'm looking for right now,but wasn't there something posted concerning this earlier ?It described one character as suspicious and the other as concerning?

Last edited:
The team doesn't need to be even more split up than it used to be. Same old investigation of the lab out of the blue and once again focus on the same few. I don't see it as someone leaving yet because spoilers tend to be exaggerated but this isn't quite like any spoilers, it does seems O'Brien is suggesting something.

Those CSIs imo are Jesse, Natalia and maybe Ryan. Nat and Ryan were being mentioned in an earlier spoiler which suggest there are something wrong with them. Jesse because of his upcoming problem in LA. Besides, it can't be the rest. Nothing surprising for me but whether they will leave?? Kinda like waiting for dooms day to arrive.

I know Natalia and Ryan were mentioned,Jesse could be possible. I wouldn't think O'Brien would give everything away,so there's a possibility it could even be someone else.We could probably throw Walter in the mix too.

Last edited:
If anyone's leaving the show, I would assume it would be Jesse. I'm finding it difficult to see how they can have both Jesse and Eric on the show full time at the same time. Two Cuban guys in a lead like position? Doubtful. So, I'm now even more worried about those fears that I couldn't quell earlier (that I mentioned on the jesse/eddie thread). I have this fear that they are gonna pull an Elle (Criminal Minds) on Jesse. Elle on CM killed a rapist/murderer (even though he didn't do anything to her personally) and went on the run. Hotch didn't pursue her to arrest her. I have this feeling that Jesse may end up killing his wife's murderer and that H will not pursue an arrest because he understands and just let him go on the run.

Walter probably won't be leaving because his role was created by Bruckheimer. I doubt it'll be Ryan. If he leaves he'll take a lot of fans with him I'm sure and it would be quite risky to do. Ryan has a bigger fanbase than people may realize. So does Natalia for that matter.

I think it will probably turn out to be Eric working for the DA's office and they're just being over-dramatic with the words. Remember they've been over-dramatic before just to stir up buzz and the episode turned out to be nothing, so the comments from tptb were rather anti-climatic.

There are others to consider here though. Stetler for one. Though I would hate for them to make him the bad guy again just for dramatic purposes, but we haven't seen him in a while.

Or perhaps the "dramatic betrayal" is Rebecca herself. She did used to date Horatio. So she could be trying to get back at him for breaking up with her and her way of getting back at him is to try and take down his team.

Or perhaps it has to do with what happens to Cal in ep 20. Maybe someone set that up for the CSIs to get hurt. Possibly Ron Saris could come back into the mix?

It could also be a labrat, but been there done that with Cooper. Perhaps Cooper appears again and betrays them in even a worse way than when his website got Calleigh kidnapped.

Another one of my fears is that they may decide to get rid of Frank and make Jesse the resident detective. So the betrayal could be Frank, but I very highly doubt that.

Wait... exactly what episode is the dramatic betrayal about? The one with Rebecca getting Eric to investigate the team? Cause if its that episode, then it probably means that the "dramatic betrayal" is Eric "spying" on the team... which really isn't all that dramatic and is just tptb trying to stir up buzz.

Analyzing it from a defintion POV, dramatic betrayal doesn't necessarily mean its going to be horribly bad. I would think it would say "devestating betrayal" if that were the case. Dramatic could just mean it will cause drama amongst team members and not necessarily all team members, perhaps just a couple. I believe there was something similiar said in the spoilers about the time when Ryan was working as an "expert witness" and had to confiscate all of Natalia's evidence because she left it in the vehicle while getting her gun lesson. This situation with Eric "investigating" the team is very similiar to the storyline with Ryan as an expert witness for the defense. So, I think this "dramatic betrayal" could very well be Eric's investigation of the team... and like I said, if that's the case its going to turn out to be very anti-climatic.

Last edited:
There is a possibility that the wording is over dramatic.What bothers me is the portion of the article stating at least one CSI's future is threaten.
Actually,I don't know which episode this is suppose to be,if it takes place over more than one episode,if it's part of the season finale,etc.

Last edited:
There is a possibilitythat the wording is over dramatic.What bothers me is the portion of the article stating at least one CSI's future is threaten.

I'm pretty sure (about 80%) that the "csi having their future threated" is about Jesse though. The LA episode info states that H and Eric go to LA in an attempt to clear Jesse's name when he's accused of murder.

After reading the full wording, it sounds to me like someone may have planted false evidence to make Horatio question his team's loyalty. And that the dramatic betrayal just could be someone else (outside the team) that Horatio never thought would go this far. My guess is either Rebecca (in a revenge scheme for him breaking up with her- how soapy lol- but this show became sort of a Dallas rip off a long time ago anyway lol) or perhaps Sully (remember him?) could be working against Horatio in some way. It could also be (hopefully not, but possible) something to do with Tara. Perhaps Tara tries to blame some of the stuff she did on someone else and perhaps she had planted some kind of evidence somewhere (now that would be dramatic) to make someone else look guilty. But then again the only one she was really mad at was Eric for pulling that prank on her. Ryan apologized with flowers. And Ryan told on her for stealing/drug use after the fact, so... But Tara never had one scene with Natalia that I recall... so perhaps she planted evidence against Natalia. We know that Rebecca has in the past tried to use evidence from unlikely/irresponsible parties against the CSIs (remember the whole thing with Delko- which begs the question why would Delko work for her after she tried to railroad him like that back when Marisol was sick? Not to mention she tried to railroad his ill sister!), so why not have her use info she got from jailbird Tara? :lol:

Last edited:
For some reason,I'm thinking that these are two different episodes.The LA one,and then the investigating the team taking place later.I thought it was going to be episode 20,but isn't that the Ghost episode?

For some reason,I'm thinking that these are two different episodes.The LA one,and then the investigating the team taking place later.I thought it was going to be episode 20,but isn't that the Ghost episode?

Well, episode 20 was supposed to be the ghost episode, but episode 22's title is "Ghosts", so... I dunno. :lol:

But if the info is for the ep where Eric investigates the team, Rebecca says Natalia is suspicious and that she has concerns about Ryan as well. That could be why they're saying one maybe two CSIs futures are at stake... and Eric has to find evidence that clears them (cause you know Eric's not gonna turn his back on his team, they've been there for him in more ways than one. Nat stood up for him and almost got herself arrested in "'sink or swim" and Ryan showed a great amount of concern for his well-being in the motel episode (can't think of the title)). But I think Ryan's just covering for Natalia. Natalia's thing is probably pretty innocent, but may look bad on paper or something. I think the Horatio questioning the loyalty of his team thing is probably different. It probably is more him questioning if Eric's turning against them, but I doubt it.

I really think that the "most dramatic betrayal of Horatio's career" is something not having to do with the team, but having to do with someone else Horatio thought would never betray him in such a dramatic way. Whether that's Sully or Rebecca or someone else, I have no clue. Maybe it has something to do with Ray. Perhaps one of his cop buddies knew that Ray had gotten himself mixed up with that gang in Rio and said nothing. Maybe Ray was still working undercover in Rio and no one told Horatio. Maybe that's the betrayal.

Remember when Agent Mike got that girl killed because he thought the baby she was carrying was his, so when she said the safe word, he ignored her? Maybe its something like that. Maybe Ray was undercover, other law enforcement people were listening, he said a safe word and they didn't come to his rescue. That would be very dramatic and devestating and the worst betrayal ever. But it would be someone higher up than anyone on H's team.

Didn't Stetler say that Horatio must have done favors for the mayor or something (not mayor, but something like that) to get the LT job over him? Perhaps its whomever that was that betrays Horatio.

If this spoiler about the betrayal is for the ep where Eric investigates the team, then I'm pretty sure that Ryan isn't affected considering he's still a CSI with Cal when they get in that house fire a few episodes later. But I don't think there's any mention of Natalia after the investigation episode. Yikes!

Remember the agent that helped H fake his death (the one that fired the fake bullet)? Maybe he's the betrayer. :lol:

Last edited:
You guy's are taking the words right out of my mouth. We know Eric would never betray Horatio! But my thoughts on the spoilers are when Eric is investigating the lab for the State Attorney, he finds out someone is out to betray Horatio, and goes to him with what he finds instead of going to the S.A.(maybe it's Nevins) Who knows, I'd be very disappointed if they made it Ryan, because Horatio has always stood by him through everything, I'm not sure if I'd want it to be Jesse either, something tells me Horatio is gonig to stand by him as well(from the LA episode). But with these writer's it's hard to say. I'm really looking forward to the remainer of the season now that we're getting a few bones thrown at us to keep us guessing as to what is going on.

Im sure the whole thing is being over-hyped.
Although I will say they had better not make Ryan look bad, again!

There is a possibility that the wording is over dramatic.

Yeah, that's definitely possible. The "teaser" information tends to be a bit on the dramatic side, even if the issue ends up being pretty small. It's probably used as an incentive to get more people to tune in, especially casual viewers who might be more interested if something "big" is going to happen.

There is a possibility that the wording is over dramatic.

Yeah, that's definitely possible. The "teaser" information tends to be a bit on the dramatic side, even if the issue ends up being pretty small. It's probably used as an incentive to get more people to tune in, especially casual viewers who might be more interested if something "big" is going to happen.

Yep, that's definitely why they do it. :lol: I still can't get past the time the teaser said they'd lose one of their own (making us think it was a main cast member) and it ended up being Officer Jessop (a good character, but a minor character nonetheless- a number of viewers probably didn't even know who the heck he was lol).

Making Ryan look bad is one of the things the writers seem to enjoy and it's done at least once a season so prepare yourself.

Yeah, but they've kind of already done that several times this season. Not a big looking bad thing, but the thing he said about the farmers that time.... :lol: Plus other times he's said things this season that a lot of people have jumped on him for. The thing with Tom, etc. Plus, Natalia's the one who is supposed to get the big storyline this time, so it could be her that might look bad, but I'm sure it'll only be temporary and it'll turn out to be nothing. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back