**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I agree with you about the promo/teasers, delkolover. They are more annoying than they are enticing because they are almost always so far off base. :lol:

^ I agree with you about the promo/teasers, delkolover. They are more annoying than they are enticing because they are almost always so far off base. :lol:

Yeah and I have no doubt that they do it on purpose! Sometimes I don't feel like a fan/avid viewer, I feel like a statistic b/c all they care about is how many people watch the show....that is why they make the promos like they do to draw in viewers.

I was extremely surprised when Adam said that CBS admitted to him that the fans were a big reason why they asked him to come back. For once CBS actually listened to its fan base! And at the same time it is nice to see that they did pay attention. Saw the same thing happen with the show Jericho. CBS canned it but the fans rallied and CBS brought it back and gave it a proper send off. So they obviously read and pay attention to what fans are saying...it just a matter of them putting it to practical use.

Another reason I think they brought Adam back was to wipe the large amount of egg off their faces! I mean c'mon he is a favorite character, an integral character and they go and drop him for Eddie Cibrian? :wtf: Not to mention the way in which they dropped him. :rolleyes: Honestly they looked like idiots and fools. Sure it is a business but what they did was almost childish and it hurt them. The ratings didn't dip too much but the feeback from fans critics was not nice at all. Not many people have warmed up to Jesse and imo he has zero chemistry with a majority of the actors/characters on the show. That is, everyone except Omar/Walter. They actually have decent on screen chemistry. I know quite a few people who stopped watching (and not all were fans of E/C) b/c he was gone. I myself paid little attention to what was going on in the eps he wasn't in. I watched but the interest was lacking to say the least. But I knew....I just knew and I especially knew when Ugly Betty got canned that they would invite Adam back. The season hasn't ended yet and they already ate crow! Totally makes them look desperate in my book!! lol

So for me, next year cannot come soon enough and I have no doubt that the promo's for his return will be so mish-moshed that we will think he is going to join the circus before he makes the decision to return to the team! :lol: I hoenstly wonder now, I know Adam said he hopes that it doesn't happen, if someone is gonna get the boot? I mean they obviously didn't want to pay Adam what he was asking and they got Cibrian for cheap for one year so if money was an issue then but now they are willing to pay Adam wouldn't one think that it has to come off the back end somewhere??? Unless CBS was crying poverty for absolutely no reason...which is alos a possibility!! :shifty: I trust networks about as far as I can throw them!

This is gonna be very interesting to watch how this unfolds with regards to any cast changes!

Yeah and I have no doubt that they do it on purpose! Sometimes I don't feel like a fan/avid viewer, I feel like a statistic b/c all they care about is how many people watch the show....that is why they make the promos like they do to draw in viewers.

Oh I feel like that all of the time. :lol: Sometimes I just have to roll my eyes at the promos/teasers. :lol: At times they are just beyond ridiculous. :lol:

I was extremely surprised when Adam said that CBS admitted to him that the fans were a big reason why they asked him to come back.

I was surprised CBS would admit to that too. :lol:

The storyline with Eric's father just magically disappeared after the finale last season. There was no closure to it. Hopefully when he returns we'll finally get some closure to that storyline. Kill off his dad, make him 100% regretful and good and be a decent figure in Eric's life, send him to jail (can't even remember Eric's dad's name lol), just something for closure. With the upcoming ep regarding Kyle/H, they could have brought back Eric's dad and parallelled the two father/son teams. Showing how H/Kyle's relationship is different than Eric/his father and how it's similiar in that H didn't meet his son until he was nearly grown and Eric's dad didn't meet Eric until he was already grown. It's a missed opportunity that they probably won't fill at this point. Maybe Adam could do that in the ep he writes. :)

I have no doubt that the promo's for his return will be so mish-moshed that we will think he is going to join the circus before he makes the decision to return to the team! :lol:

:lol: That's funny. But now I can actually picture him in one of those costumes like the trapeez artists wear. :) Anyone besides me remember that old show "Circus Of The Stars"? I kind of wish they'd bring that back. :lol:

I hoenstly wonder now, I know Adam said he hopes that it doesn't happen, if someone is gonna get the boot? I mean they obviously didn't want to pay Adam what he was asking and they got Cibrian for cheap for one year so if money was an issue then but now they are willing to pay Adam wouldn't one think that it has to come off the back end somewhere??? Unless CBS was crying poverty for absolutely no reason...which is alos a possibility!! :shifty: I trust networks about as far as I can throw them!

Did they ever say for sure how long Eddie signed a deal for though? Was it just one year like Tara/Meg or was it two? And I'm like you, I don't trust networks very much either. :lol:

Last edited:
Did they ever say for sure how long Eddie signed a deal for though? Was it just one year like Tara/Meg or was it two? And I'm like you, I don't trust networks very much either. :lol:

I am about 99% sure that they only signed him on for 1 year...like Meg/Tara, I think they wanted to see how he would be received and fit in before they decided to give him a long term deal. Personally, while I think Eddie is good looking...he is will be a one year wonder like Meg was. I thought I read somewhere, after it was announced that Adam was leaving b/c of bad negotiations with him that someone said the show was saving money b/c they signed Cibrian for a total $100,000 for the entire year.

Just my opinion. And if they decide to keep him to see how it might work next season, I think they are going to be disappointed if they do. Too many cooks....in this case too many leading men!! :lol:

Personally, sorry to anyone who likes his character, I won't miss him. I said from the beginning he wouldn't be a fit for this show and it has been plainly obvious that he isn't.

I also wonder, b/c this has been a big topic of discussion as well...how much of wanting to keep Emily on board was a factor in this. I have no doubt that the fans hands down were the main reason why CBS re-approached Adam but I wonder if a small part of it too had to do with getting her to stay. It is pretty well known that her contract is set to expire at some point this year and she has said she has been actively campiagning to get him back so I wonder if tptb at CBS are using Adam's return as a way to entice her to stay too?

Just a thought!

Last edited:
Just a thought! All the haters can feel free to jump down my throat for even suggesting it....just do it politely!
Perhaps not using the word "hater" would make things a little more polite.

I thought we were all trying to avoid this kind of "discussion" in the spoiler thread? Comments & "thoughts" such as the ones above are only going to result in heated arguements. I think it would be wise to keep theories on Emily's part out of this.

Now moving along :rolleyes:

The "betrayal" tidbit might be all hype, but it doesn't mean we can't speculate. Might it have something to do with Kyle perhaps? I'm pretty anxious to see what comes out of this either way. I want to see what it does to Horatio.

The "betrayal" tidbit might be all hype, but it doesn't mean we can't speculate. Might it have something to do with Kyle perhaps? I'm pretty anxious to see what comes out of this either way. I want to see what it does to Horatio.

I was wondering about that too. What if Kyle and Ray Jr are somewhere together and there's some kind of threat against Horatio's family (again). What if Horatio asks Jesse to keep an eye on the boys just in case someone tries something against them... and Jesse gets distracted by Bruce or trying to follow the gf of Bruce... and then something bad happens to Kyle and/or Ray Jr? Horatio would be devestated and feel betrayed in that case I would think.

Not that i think it about it more, i'm more worried for H now than curious. I had hoped the writers would lighten H up a little now that the team is so light hearted. But what if this betrayal makes him withdraw even further from them? He's dark enough as it is. Wonder where they are going with this?

Not that i think it about it more, i'm more worried for H now than curious. I had hoped the writers would lighten H up a little now that the team is so light hearted. But what if this betrayal makes him withdraw even further from them? He's dark enough as it is. Wonder where they are going with this?

Eehgads, yeah, we don't want to go there again! We can only hope that the betrayal is something that won't send him over the edge, but instead make him take comfort in those who he can trust.

Just a thought! All the haters can feel free to jump down my throat for even suggesting it....just do it politely!
Perhaps not using the word "hater" would make things a little more polite.

I agree with greatfan. Calling someone a name like "hater" and then requesting that any response to the libel be polite is a bit much to ask for. :rolleyes:

Eehgads, yeah, we don't want to go there again! We can only hope that the betrayal is something that won't send him over the edge, but instead make him take comfort in those who he can trust.

While I'm not sure I like the idea of Horatio feeling, or actually being, betrayed, I'd appreciate a chance to see Horatio get some moments to shine.

It will be interesting to see where they go with this and who they elect to be the "betrayer." It may turn out to be nothing at all.

But I still feel this is a set up for getting rid of someone to make room for Rodriguez's return. And I think that's too bad.

Last edited:
While I'm not sure I like the idea of Horatio feeling, or actually being, betrayed, I'd appreciate a chance to see Horatio get some moments to shine.
It will be interesting to see where they go with this and who they elect to be the "betrayer." It may turn out to be nothing at all.

I agree. The "betrayal of Horatio" storyline may be a good opportunity for David to flex his acting chops. :thumbsup: We haven't really seen him do that in a while, so I'm looking forward to it. And you're right that all of this may turn out to be relatively minor. As other posters in this thread have said, official CSIM "sneak-peeks" do have a history of being terribly overblown.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back