**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure the whole thing is being over-hyped.
Although I will say they had better not make Ryan look bad, again!
Making Ryan look bad is one of the things the writers seem to enjoy and it's done at least once a season so prepare yourself.
Yeah, but they've kind of already done that several times this season. Not a big looking bad thing, but the thing he said about the farmers that time.... :lol: Plus other times he's said things this season that a lot of people have jumped on him for. The thing with Tom, etc. Plus, Natalia's the one who is supposed to get the big storyline this time, so it could be her that might look bad, but I'm sure it'll only be temporary and it'll turn out to be nothing.
Those were little things,they barely made a ripple.Even non Ryan fans didn't think too much of it.Unlike "WISC",the discussion for that went on for days after the episode aired.It really caused an uproar on another board, they were calling for him to be fired.Some fans still talk about some of things from his early seasons,and they still don't like him for it.No,this season was nothing.There is still an opportunity for far worse if the writers and TPTB want to go there again,but it would be great if they didn't.

Last edited:
One thing i feel for sure is that whatever this betrayal is, it will definitly hurt Horatio deeply. For the longest time, his team has been the only family he's had, so it will have an impact. Especially if it was because of something he could've helped them with if they had just asked it of him.

As for Ryan, I really don't think he has much to worry about. I think he and H are a bit closer than what has been said because he always goes to H first when he has suspicions. Like when he went after Tara and she claimed she had not hurt anyone, Ryan was quick to shut her up with the fact that H had been hurt by her actions. This felt like a rare acknowledgement of Horatio as a man and a friend not just as a boss.

Rebecca Nevins may be starting this investigation because of Jesse. If he has been accused of planting evidence, even if he is cleared, it can harm the credibility of any case he works on now. The integrity of the cases she prosecutes could be compromised and she can't have that. I guess we'll just hafta wait and see.

IMO, Jesse is the obvious choice, and CSIM has not traditionally been known for subtlety in writing;), so I suspect this is who it'll turn out to be. The news snippet appears to suggest the the CSI whose career is at risk is the same team-member who has betrayed Horatio. So I don't think it's Eric, since he's not a CSI (or an MDPD detective), but works for the State Attorney's office. Plus Eric, Ryan and Calleigh are all fiercely loyal to Horatio, so I can't see it being any of them. Ryan may have had his slip-ups in the past, but those were not so much betrayals as him grappling with personal issues. And he's always done the right thing in the end. Plus, it would be so unoriginal to make Ryan the "betrayal scapegoat" again.:rolleyes: Same with Natalia ... she joined the CSI team in Season 4 as a "mole," so we've already been there, done that, and moved past it. Frank Tripp might lack finesse (and I love him for it!:lol:), but he's always been a straight-shooter, so I don't see him engaging in any calculated deception or betrayal. Jesse has always had this air of mystery about him, and has always seemed a tad untrustworthy to me. We already know that he's hiding the fact that he's stalking Anna (he only told Calleigh the tip of the iceberg), and I can't help thinking that he's concealing more about his past in L.A. than he's letting on. I think some stuff will probably come to light about Jesse during the State Attorney's (Eric's) investigation of CSI that will lead to Jesse being fired or resigning.

That said, though, I agree with other posters that this little "betrayal" tidbit has probably been exaggerated in order to make the episode seem more dramatic than it is. I'm not going to hold my breath for anything earth-shattering, since this may turn out to be more of a whimper than a bang.:p

Last edited:
I have to agree with everyone that someone may be leaving.My bet is on Jesse becouse two hunks as leads is quite difficult to handle and Eric is safe.Jesse has a connection to Horatio so he could be the one that betrays him.The Elle idea from Criminal Minds idea is quite posible.

The news gives me the chills... I don't really want to see anyone go so soon. Its been long time since we've seen some unity in the team & now all of a sudden they wanna shake the very foundations of the team by toying with H's emotion like this.

Its obviously gonna be an intense storyline with alot of drama but I'm not sure I want this all to quickly. This season is Miami's finest & its too bad it'll have to end on such a discouragin note.

IMO, Jesse is the obvious choice, and CSIM has not traditionally been known for subtlety in writing;), so I suspect this is who it'll turn out to be. The news snippet appears to suggest the the CSI whose career is at risk is the same team-member who has betrayed Horatio. So I don't think it's Eric, since he's not a CSI (or an MDPD detective), but works for the State Attorney's office. Plus Eric, Ryan and Calleigh are all fiercely loyal to Horatio, so I can't see it being any of them. Ryan may have had his slip-ups in the past, but those were not so much betrayals as him grappling with personal issues. And he's always done the right thing in the end. Plus, it would be so unoriginal to make Ryan the "betrayal scapegoat" again.:rolleyes: Same with Natalia ... she joined the CSI team in Season 4 as a "mole," so we've already been there, done that, and moved past it. Frank Tripp might lack finesse (and I love him for it!:lol:), but he's always been a straight-shooter, so I don't see him engaging in any calculated deception or betrayal. Jesse has always had this air of mystery about him, and has always seemed a tad untrustworthy to me. We already know that he's hiding the fact that he's stalking Anna (he only told Calleigh the tip of the iceberg), and I can't help thinking that he's concealing more about his past in L.A. than he's letting on. I think some stuff will probably come to light about Jesse during the State Attorney's (Eric's) investigation of CSI.

All good points. I've been trying to reassure everyone else, but deep down I've been a bit worried for Ry and Nat, but you actually made me feel a little better about that, so thank you for those words. :) I am still worried for Jesse though. I actually like the character. I would rather see him be on recurring status as another detective rather than being off the show permanently. :lol: But you're right in that he's a mysterious character. And didn't they say in the beginning that he'd have a secret? Somehow I don't feel the fact that his wife was murdered and he's looking out for the current girlfriend of the man he believed killed his wife is the big story. I think that could just be a small portion of it. :)

I'm not going to hold my breath for anything earth-shattering, since this may turn out to be more of a whimper than a bang.:p

:lol: You really have a way with words. I love that "more of a whimper than a bang". That's brilliant. :) And you're probably right about that as well.

Ah geez, more betrayal!

Hm, I'm gonna go with Jesse. If I'm not mistaken Horatio stumbles onto a secret from Jesse's past in this next episode. Maybe Jesse is confronted but denies it all, then truth is revealed later - enter dramatic betrayal.

I'm hoping Nat & Ryan's part in all this is just to mess with our heads, making us think they're guilty.

All in all, I couldn't ever see Ryan nor Natalia betraying Horatio, not in the way this tidbit makes it sound. At this point in what we've seen with both characters, I'd say anything that's worth being considered an act of betrayal would be VERY out of character for both of them.

and threaten at least one—if not more—CSI’s future.”
One could look at this to mean a few CSI's could lose thier job -- however, I'm looking outside the box & wondering if this could mean one CSI's job is threatened, while another CSI's life could be threatened. *scratches head*

Last edited:
One could look at this to mean a few CSI's could lose thier job -- however, I'm looking outside the box & wondering if this could mean one CSI's job is threatened, while another CSI's life could be threatened. *scratches head*

Ooh, good point. Hadn't thought of it that way. So the job threatened could be Jesse's (because of the planting evidence thing possibly or how he approaches the situation with Bruce?) and the life that's threatened would be Calleigh's in ep 20 or 22 whichever it ends up being.

Is it also possible that perhaps Rebecca might think that Natalia is covering for Jesse? Cause if they checked her phone logs they'd see the text she got from him and could assume it was code for "make up an excuse as to why I'm late for work" or something along those lines? Even if its all completely innocent on Nat's part and even if it was never Jesse's intention to get Nat to lie for him... its possible that (given Rebecca's ability to jump to some serious conclusions) Rebecca could assume that something's going on there that may not be going on.

I still say that the big betrayal could come from H's old partner Sully. There has to be a reason for them introducing that character in the season opener and more of a reason than him just showing up again in that one ep a while back.

My two cents on the whole betrayal hubbub

I used to remember reading stuff like this in the various DC Comic solicitations where they would talk about major ramifications or things will never be the same again only for

A)Nothing that big happens
B)And if it does, its reverted sometime later

Which is why I'm not too intrigued by this episode

..However if Speed returns as a Black Lantern.............

This might be wayyyy crazy, but has anyone thought that maybe Jesse killed his own wife? CSI's would make brilliant killers, imo. They know how to cover up everything & pin it on someone else. Note this is not what I want to SEE happen, it's just a thought, & something that came to mind.

This might be wayyyy crazy, but has anyone thought that maybe Jesse killed his own wife? CSI's would make brilliant killers, imo. They know how to cover up everything & pin it on someone else. Note this is not what I want to SEE happen, it's just a thought, & something that came to mind.

Woah! Never thought of that! Maybe he's schizophrenic (sp?) or has Multiple Personality Disorder and doesn't know that he did it. Maybe that's the shocker? And yeah, I wouldn't want that to be the case, but its not out of the realm of possibilities.

Woah! Never thought of that! Maybe he's schizophrenic (sp?) or has Multiple Personality Disorder and doesn't know that he did it. Maybe that's the shocker? And yeah, I wouldn't want that to be the case, but its not out of the realm of possibilities.

I doubt that's going to happen, but it would be fun and interesting to watch - I would like the D.I.D - Dissociative identity disorder (multiple personalities) -- it would be something they haven't done in any capacity on CSI miami,

I had thought of this and I was waiting for tptb to dare to go ahead with it. :lol: The Elle on Criminal Minds idea is nice but I think Horatio has gone around shooting people and therefore to them shooting people don't seem to have any impact any longer.

I think this is being way over analyzed...how many times has a CSI's future been threatened, whether is be their future as a CSI or their life??

To name a few...

• Ryan's eye infection & gambling threatened his future as a CSI...Ryan is captured and tortured
  • Calliegh was rammed off the road into a lake, she's been kidnapped, held at gunpoint, shot at multiple times, almost died from smoke inhalation...etc...
  • Delko's career was threatened when it appeared he was smoking pot,.. not to mention when he was critically wounded

Not to mention that the point of cliffhangers and promo's are to reel the viewer in. They're usually clipped together in a specific way, so that you instantly want to watch more.

• At the end of season 3 we're made to believe that Calliegh has quit, as the season ends with Calliegh removing her name plaque from the list of CSI's...only for her to be at work as 'normal' in the season 4 opener, with a brushed off explanation that she didn't quit, she just gave up the ballistics lab.
  • at the end of season 6 it's made to look like Horatio is dead and that Ryan might've been involved in killing him
  • the promo for "bad seed" had us wondering if Delko was leaving CSI miami

I can keep going....

My point is, don't look too far into it!

I think this is being way over analyzed...how many times has a CSI's future been threatened, whether is be their future as a CSI or their life??

To name a few...

• Ryan's eye infection & gambling threatened his future as a CSI...Ryan is captured and tortured
  • Calliegh was rammed off the road into a lake, she's been kidnapped, held at gunpoint, shot at multiple times, almost died from smoke inhalation...etc...
  • Delko's career was threatened when it appeared he was smoking pot,.. not to mention when he was critically wounded
Not to mention that the point of cliffhangers and promo's are to reel the viewer in. They're usually clipped together in a specific way, so that you instantly want to watch more.

• At the end of season 3 we're made to believe that Calliegh has quit, as the season ends with Calliegh removing her name plaque from the list of CSI's...only for her to be at work as 'normal' in the season 4 opener, with a brushed off explanation that she didn't quit, she just gave up the ballistics lab.
  • at the end of season 6 it's made to look like Horatio is dead and that Ryan might've been involved in killing him
  • the promo for "bad seed" had us wondering if Delko was leaving CSI miami
I can keep going....

My point is, don't look too far into it!

AMEN!!

I totally hear ya! While something might indeed happen to one of them...I hihgly doubt it will be something that is permanent!

Promo's are like a play on words except with images...they, as you said, are meant to reel us in to get us to watch and 99% of the time the promo is sooo far off from what you think is gonna happen to what actually happens think back to the season 5 finale promo where the killer said "I want that one, the blonde" and then they cut to Calleigh. All the viewers thought that he was actually referring to her when it was the complete opposite! Personally, that is one of the things I find extremely disappointing with this show b/c of all the shows I watch, this one does it the most and does it the worst. It is like they totally make it a point to mislead the viewer. There is creating hype and then there are the promos for this show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back