Speed/Rory #17: 'Just Because You Can't See Something...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently in Public Enemies Rory is playing neither J E Hoover or Phill D'Andrea, despite the latter of the two being the character who IMDb has credited Rory as playing.

I was having a nose on the IMDb forums for 'Public Enemies' and a poster was on set yesterday as a stand-in/extra and Rory was there, playing the part of W. Carter Baum. I've googled him and this is what I found http://www.odmp.org/officer/1597-special-agent-w.-carter-baum and for a change......not if this is who Rory is playing then he'll die again :p

IMDb says Rory's character is Phill D'Andrea. I haven't googled the name yet (I will later), just thought I would let y'all know this fact. ;)

Errr TTC didn't you read my post...

Apparently in Public Enemies Rory is playing neither J E Hoover or Phill D'Andrea, despite the latter of the two being the character who IMDb has credited Rory as playing

He isn't Phil D'Andrea. IMDb isn't a reliable source it's often incorrect. As I said the posters on the PE forum on IMDb know what they are on about, they have the scripts, schedules, locations, some are even part of production whether it be extras, assistants, stand-ins etc and they've been with Rory on set as Agent W.Carter Baum ;)

Phil D'Andrea was an assumption of who Rory could be playing before the casting was announced. Whoever regulates IMDb have rolled with that and now haven't bothered to alter it since.

Just a word to the wise for you NEVER take what you see on IMDb as 'FACT' as you put it. For future productions its often guess work and 'sources' ;) Hey they even once had Rory credited in 'Sex and the City' getting him confused with Ron Livingston lol

Last edited:
:lol:! Sex and the City. Gee, it's a cryin' shame they got that one wrong. Heh, they've also credited him in the past for 'Star Trek: The Next Generation'. I can say I've seen that particular episode many times, and he definitely wasn't on it. I'm not sure what they were smoking that day, but wow, it was very wrong.

I'd say 80% of what I see on IMDB is right but I usually take it all with a grain of salt until the actor/producers/powers that be confirm the roles. IMDB tends to take a while to edit its pages--much like wikipedia. It's pretty common to be misguided by IMDB.

It would have been interesting to see him as Phil D'Andrea. Wasn't he Capone's bodyguard, who was caught trying to smuggle a gun in during Capone's trial? Ah, the History channel. :lol:

Errr TTC didn't you read my post...

Apparently in Public Enemies Rory is playing neither J E Hoover or Phill D'Andrea, despite the latter of the two being the character who IMDb has credited Rory as playing
He isn't Phil D'Andrea. IMDb isn't a reliable source it's often incorrect. As I said the posters on the PE forum on IMDb know what they are on about, they have the scripts, schedules, locations, some are even part of production whether it be extras, assistants, stand-ins etc and they've been with Rory on set as Agent W.Carter Baum ;)

Phil D'Andrea was an assumption of who Rory could be playing before the casting was announced. Whoever regulates IMDb have rolled with that and now haven't bothered to alter it since.

Just a word to the wise for you NEVER take what you see on IMDb as 'FACT' as you put it. For future productions its often guess work and 'sources' ;) Hey they even once had Rory credited in 'Sex and the City' getting him confused with Ron Livingston lol

Sorry, I've read it as "either" :( Sometimes I read something too fast... shame on me! :scream:

Does anyone on here have facebook? If ya do add me, the URL is on my profile I think.

Anyways I was having a nose at the Rory Cochrane facebook (not a real one obviously) and someone on their claims he saw Rory at Heathrow Airport on 11th March :eek: and had a pint with him in the bar. This does not impress me one bit :rolleyes:, If this is genuine, and it seems it from what the fella said a)nd why would ya lie about someone like Rory) I'm sick of finding out he has visited out shores after he's effing left :scream:

He's always coming over here, and I keep missing him. I'm determined to know about his visit in advance one day. He has to come over for something soon.

I think he has family here me, he always seems to come over randomly. Remember new year before last he said he spend it in the Shetland Islands? Now that is somehwere you DON'T go unless you have family on them. They are the arse end of nowhere and has a ferry crossing to mainland Scotland once a day. Its the time of place for old people who like hills and sheep lol, I wouldn't say that is Rorys scene.

Anways I've ranted on a bit haven't I?

But yaaaah, if anyone of youse have Facebook 'add me'

^^thanks for the pics! that last one, that scene always makes me giggle. *sigh* i miss speed and eric and their witty banter, everything has gotten to be so serious now, would it kill for them to crack a smile once in awhile.

just think Rory played on the movie "Dazed and Confused", it didn't come to my attention untill just now when I was watching the movie "Empire Records" with Rory Cochrane (spelling?).

thanks for the pics! it's been a while since i've been in here! been busy earthquake proving my house. nothing like Rory Cochrane to take my mind off things...:drool:

LinkHi ladies here is a new pic of Rory taken yesterday dont know if this is gonna work but here goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
NEW.PICTURE

Piccie

It was his new display picture on imdb.com.

Must have only been posted today as it wasn't on when I looked yesterday. Think it may have only been took yesterday

HE LOOKS NICE :thumbsup::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!! He looks a little bit serious but he's so damn cute:thumbsup:
Thanks June_85 for this pic.

And thanks calleighspeedle for all the pics you post.

Hey - just wanted to drop a quick line here - I still miss Speedle, he really grounded the show. Just wanted to say after that two-parter — all Tim Speedle fans should realize that none of it ever would've happened if Speed hadn't been killed. B/c if he hadn't been killed, Cooper never would've stolen his credit card and got arrested, and never would've blamed Cal and made that website, so those bad guys never would've abducted her. However, if they didn't abduct her, maybe the murder of that other guy never would've been solved and the poker heist might not have been stopped....

Oh well, I sound like Calleigh from "Hurricane Anthony" :lol: "Way too cheerful" as Speed would say ;) Just wanted everyone here to know that Tim Speedle was a big part of this two-parter, even if it didn't seem like it. And I'm sure he was lookin' out for Cal :)
ok this one cracked me up :lol: but I so agree with you in every single word ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back