Speed/Rory #15: Perfection in Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speed/Rory #15: Perfection in Pants

speed_cochrane said:
Or at least if we can't have Speed back, we should get a mention, or maybe another 'case' that he worked on.
Speed back in any way, shape, or form would make my day brighter (unless, of course, they make that episode into yet another “screwed up Speed case” like “Whacked” or “Hell Night”, because then I’ll be pissed). Maybe we should write up the flashback episode ourselves and send it in to the writers. They probably won’t pay much attention to it, but at least they’ll get the message that Speed fans are patiently waiting for some continuity regarding they’re favourite character.

I mean, there was that spoiler about Horatio having a Speed flashback when Eric gets shot, and that would make perfect sense. So I sat and watched “Man Down”, waiting and waiting, and there was no flashback at all. I mean come on; you can’t tell me that Horatio didn’t even think of Speed when he saw Eric get shot! Hello, it was a traumatic experience for Horatio the first time, and here’s an identical situation with Eric, and there’s nothing. Nata. Zip. Zero. Thanks a bunch, writers.

:mad:I need something to calm me down. *drools at speed_cochrane’s picture* ohhh… that works… :D

Okay, here's a question for ya'll
If (*cough* I mean, WHEN) Speed comes back, how would you rather it be done:
a) have little hints throughout a few episodes that he's still alive, and that he might show up again
b) have him appear suddenly at the end of an episode, to be continued into the next one
c) have him appear randomly at the beginning or middle of an episode (hopefully to have him come back again after that)

I mean come on; you can’t tell me that Horatio didn’t even think of Speed when he saw Eric get shot! Hello, it was a traumatic experience for Horatio the first time, and here’s an identical situation with Eric, and there’s nothing.
Thats the thing that is really getting to me about the show regarding Speed-ok I know the writers were annoyed that he left and blah blah blahhhhhhhh but it doesn't make for realistic viewing-this team that they have(and keep on empahasising) is like a family, they work so closely together that when things happen they may mention him or think about something he did. My sis(who is a H fan) keeps saying-"they can't mentioning him all the time" but thats not what I (and I'm assuming most of us are realistically) are asking. We're just asking for a bit of reality-when a close friend(as he was to Calleigh and Eric-best mate and a son to Alexx and H) you don't just never mention him again ever becuase thats not showing you dealing with it!
I know the makers hated the fact Rory left but didn't they get show their annoyance in the way he died?(Rory hated it-he said so himself)it feels to me like an ongoing bitterness just not showing flashbacks(rory said he would do the odd guest apperance)would it have harmed the story of Mn Down to have a Speed flashback????i think not

Also-so many commentaries I hear now about the shows esp seasons one and two they go back and say-oh parallel to Horatio's brothers death, like H's brother dying etc etc drawing parallels left right and centre but wouldn't happen to other characters regarding Speed's death cause for most character-esp Eric that would be the most tramuatic thing ever to happen to them...and they would start to see similarities in some many things and flashback in their own mind-am I right?
(ok I know they had the whole Eric going rather crazed thing-but I thought even that handled the Speed death thing abit wierdly)

Anyone think I'm being bit harsh or wrong???*gets down off soapbox*
(sorry if rant was bit overtop or no coherrant-i have a rather emotionally draining day at work.....so man i needed that rant!!!!but sorry if you found it blahhhhhh)

thanks for the pic btw speed_cochrane

EDIT:eek:k just read DragonflyDreamer's post....ooooo don't know-I wrote a fanfic about him coming back(if anyone wants the link I'll post it!!!) but I like the idea of b-abit of suspense like a shout at the tv HES BACK HES BACK HE BACK....but to be honest don't know if my heart will take it!!!!but any really in someways-I just want him back!!

i agree with you all completely about the speedle coming back. even if its just a little mention or a flashback. which i tell you i was highly pissed off wasn't there when eric got shot that was crap. but any whoodle the writers should really do something you don't just forget about people you love who die like that. the continuity with speed always lacked, and was entirely too annoying.
but to answer your question i think it would be kinda cool to have him just be at the end of an episode and then it be over, so were kinda of always wondering what that was about like 'oh was that speed?? hes alive still?' or 'was that a ghost what the hell is up with that?' either way it leave a good opportunity for him to come back if he chose too.
and yeah i think i thought way too much about that ha

idea b would be great.
and i also think it would be good if they mentioned his name. actually, i can't remember the name of the episode, but it was a few episodes after the damned one ... when they rolled up an old case in which speed had taken the photos of the crime scene ....
in the german version calleigh said "speedle". not speed. not tim. speedle.
that confused me, i never heard her calling him like that.

^ Well when Speed was 'alive', Calleigh had called him Speedle at least once or twice throughout the series. But she usually went with 'Tim'.

DragonflyDreamer said
a) have little hints throughout a few episodes that he's still alive, and that he might show up again

I like this idea the best. I'm not sure why, but it reminds me of the whole Raymond Caine ordeal. (Though I know that storyline wasn't everyone's cup of tea, and it has nothing to do with Speed but I'm making a parallel here so :p) I kind of liked the fact that every so often the writers would add onto the story and we'd get subtle hints of what was to come.

For me, that particular storyline (albeit its longevity) was very interesting in a way that they introduced the conclusion or the 'wrap-up' - if you will - after a long period of time, so that the audience was prepared and the continuity was there. Also, things seemed to make more sense and it also gave some closure for the fans.

I think if they did this with Speed - Introduce hints slowly and build up upon it - then 1) the writers will get their ratings 2) we'll have continuity 3) it will be a storyline way out of left field which is nice every once in a while and 4) it creates suspense.

Someone said earlier that it just makes sense and it's a reality that there would be a Speed flashback during 'Man Down'. I agree completely. I know that if someone I knew had died in the line of duty (assuming I'm a cop :p) and then another one of my friends is wounded gravely, the first thing that comes to mind is my previous friend. It's human nature to associate events.

Although I understand why they might have taken the Speed parts back. -- It would have seemed inappropriate given that Eric was asking for his sister. The Speed thing might seem out of place given the situation and the more recent storyline regarding Eric. But that's just speculation.

I think the flashback would have been good for Horatio, therefore the speculation about Eric and his sister flies out the window. To me, it was only partially about Eric. Here is a man (Horatio), a leader, who has lost one co-worker/friend and now he is faced with a very similar situation. This event should open up old wounds, and we should have seen Horatio's emotions and thoughts displayed. Ie: Flashback of Speed.

*sits back down on the couch*

Funny how I could ramble on and on about this. :lol:

See, I always thought that it would have been H's flashback. Right after Eric was shot, maybe on the way to the hospital, or when they pronounched him dead.
I think if they did this with Speed - Introduce hints slowly and build up upon it - then 1) the writers will get their ratings 2) we'll have continuity 3) it will be a storyline way out of left field which is nice every once in a while and 4) it creates suspense.
I just have to add, 5) It would give us something to discuss in here in the Speed thread, and the miami forum would be busy again ;)

Oh, I agree. By dropping subtle hints here and there, it would build up more excitement over a longer period of time rather than just dropping it on us all at once. I personally would get more satisfaction out of it.

Although, could you imagine the chaos that would ensue if he just walked into a scene right at the end of an episode with no warning? Or, if you watch the beginning of a new episode and all of a sudden, when they list the names of the guest stars, you see “Rory Cochrane”? :eek:Oh man, I would die right there and not get to see the rest of the episode :lol:. I wonder if they would put his name in the beginning, or if they would save it for the closing credits in order to keep his appearance a secret.

Ok, see, I was going to go home and watch “Just One Kiss” and attempt to make screencaps for the first time ever, and post some of the better Speed ones here for you all. However, I can’t do that seeing as I’m not at home right now; I’m stuck at school because of the stupid winter weather that is forcing everyone off the roads and I only have 16 minutes of battery life left on my laptop, so eventually I’ll be internet-less too. Stupid Canadian winters… *grumbles* :mad: Maybe if I get out of here at a decent time, I’ll be able to get some caps. “If” being the operative word here.

... Ok, I just found an outlet, but I'm still stuck here!

[completely off topic] *gasp* Your stuck in the horrible Canadian winter too? Man, I can't believe how hard it's coming down out there.

Sorry. I'll be good now. I'd love to be shocked by him suddenly showing up, and having no clue that it was going to happen. However, the chances of TPTB pulling it off with no leaks whatsoever is very unlikely, and therefore wouldn't really have the same effect.
And so, I think that having hints throughout a few episodes (or more), and teasing us with it would be the best way :)

Oh, it’s horrible! I came to the campus and it was fine outside. One hour later, it was chaos. All you could see was white outside. Traffic is horrible, buses are slow and the line-ups are huge. That’s it, I refuse to come to school tomorrow.

Back on topic; Yeah, CBS is like a leaking ship with their spoilers, so it would kind of take the edge off. But it would be fun watching the new episodes, trying to find the hidden clues, figuring out how the heck they’ll pull something like this off without it turning into a soap opera. They would probably have the exciting stuff during the May sweeps, just like the Raymond storyline.

Ohh, yes! I’m finally going to get a ride out of here! Goodbye school!

ok...i stand corrected i like your guys' idead better :lol: they are much more thought out and more believable than mine ha.

Wow, I have notto had the chance to post here because of alot of things going on like school etc.... but you have brought forth so many great ideas about how Speedle would come back.... this is how I'd react to them:

I'd be all smiley and get little giggle fits all through the episode if thats how they chose to do it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

b) have him appear suddenly at the end of an episode, to be continued into the next one

I'd be silent for a couple of seconds, before letting out the loudest screaming fest of "HE'S ALIVE! MY BF IS ALIVE!" for a while, I'd probably be like that the next day aswell :p :lol:

c) have him appear randomly at the beginning or middle of an episode (hopefully to have him come back again after that)

This is my second fave of these three. It could be like one of the other cast members sees him, but thinks that they're hallucinating? :lol: but then, one of them would maybe have a talk or something and go to tell the others, but they'd be told that they were crazy.

I hope I interpreted that one right :D

OMG that would be soooooooooooooo great if he would come back!
damn the writers the let him quit that way.
can't we do anything about it, to convince the dearest mr. rory cochrane to show up again, even for one episode?
how we make a petition and send it to the CSI Miami producers and his management? NEED FOR SPEED.
or better ... let's writer a letter to the US government, they should make it a new law, he has to appear at least once per season. BASTA. :devil:

Ready? Here it is... the last poll of season one. Interestingly, most of the quotes are from the end of the season. Now what does that tell you?
:lol: Hardest poll yet :devil:

Ok I'm really not sure if I can vote........this is just TOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD!!!!I really can't chose!!!

MAN ALIVE the man had some quality lines didn't he??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back