Signature Banners Challenge - # 12 Winners Up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Signature Banners Challenge - #10 Winners Now Up!

WOW! I won!!! This just made my day! :) 1st and 3rd place! * dance around happily*
Thanks to everybody who voted for my banners! And special thanks for csimonkey who voted for all my banners (6,7,11)! That made me very happy!
4ensix of course you can take that banner! I’m glad you like it!
Congratulations to other winners! Very good job!

Congrats to all the winners & also others who had wonderful banners. Great job.

I congrats the winners ! Great work everyone !

I hope, the new challenge is coming soon... ;)

Congratulations to the winners :)
BTW, none of the banners showed up for me. I have an information for those who manage the banner challenges: the image which contains the name "banner", will NOT show up. I don't know the name of those banners (like I said, I'm unable to see them). This applies to everyone and every image. I thought it could be a useful information, hope that helped :)

^Only in the actual file name of my photobucket, otherwise they are named adv1 etc. So the url contains the word 'banners' but not the image itself. And all the banners I have ever posted, including my signature come from the same folders and show up fine for me? Also, a banner I posted earlier this week in the banner thread does actually contain the word 'dlbanner' in the image name and appears to show up?

Any idea why this is a problem for a select few people? Are you unable to see any of the banners from previous challenges or is it just the ones I post? :)

I am determined to get to the bottom of this problem one day, but I feel that I have tried everything possible from my end.

The URL shouldn't contain the word "banner". If I were you, I'd create a new album called "signatures" or anything but banners. Your own signature won't show up either, at least for me.
I think this "my banner won't show up" issue always occurs because a lot of people name their signature "banner".

Hmm, OK. I'll try it (see my signature above).

It would seem strange and highly unusual for such an innocuous word to make such a difference. I appreciate that you are only trying to help but I understood it to be a local browser issue, as people who couldn't view the images usually managed to see them once they turned down or switched off security controls. :confused: And unless the majority of people aren't telling me that they can't see them, I have to assume that for most people it seems to work OK.

I´m one of those who cannot see the banners. If i switch off my Norton Security and refresh the page...voilá - there they are. Someone from the computer staff at work told me that Norton and other Security softwares block ports...whatever that means :confused:

thanks everyone who voted for mine and congrats to the other winners you banners were awesome as always!

*Announcing retirement*

Now that we have completed the tenth banner challenge I thought I would let you all know that I am 'retiring' from running these challenges. I would like to say thank you to everyone for helping make the challenges such a success and a great pleasure to run. :)

Don't worry, the challenges will be continuing, and I also hope to participate myself when I can. Further information about the challenges and (hopefully) the next challenge will be posted soon. :)

*Huggles Laura*

Thanks for running these challenges for so long for us! They've been a real blast and lots of fun. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back