Shrine of Archie-goodness

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by korbjaeger, Jan 1, 2002.

1. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Okay, I now have a Bobby wallpaper to go with the Archie one and there should be more to follow...

Back to the very pleasant subject of this thread...anyone else familiar with his "Power Rancgers: Lost Galaxy" work? (I got the whole season on DVD) I notice he said in an interview he did most of his own stunts (and "ha(d) the bruises to prove it"). I gotta say...he's got some moves. I appreciate good martial arts work and good stage combat (my son had to give a demonstration thing of stage combat at a local high school with his college theatre department...I have a definite appreciation of it though him) and I gotta say I'm hella impressed.

Is Archie a talent or what... :cool: (Dammit, we need a blithering fangirl/guy smilie!)

--Robin

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I vaguely remember the Power Rangers and I don't remember him being part of them at all. He is very talented if he can do that. When I was 17/18 I was this "nanny" of some 2/3 yr old kid who his parents didn't want anything to do with him, and I couldn't blame them, but he was mucho obsessed with the Power Rangers and I didn't pay any attention to them. Maybe I should have? Then again I couldn't even get into kids shows when I was a kid.

And you are just so talented with the wallpapers, btw.

3. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Aw, thanks! ::hug::

Yeah, at the point Archie was on the show ("Lost Galaxy" was 1998 - 99) my son was just starting college so long out of the PR "interest" phase, and I was running my own business plus running an official fanzine for a signed band in L.A. so I was all over the place between Sacramento, L.A. and the San Francisco Bay Area (where my husband worked at that point), and didn't have time for many side interests...

That said, I'm glad I've "rediscovered" PR:LG. I mean it's a kids' show, for Pete's sake, but a good one, lot of positive messages and of course the awesome "stage combat". With a show aimed at kids you have to remember the emotional aspect is "scaled down" into terms younger kids can understand and the portrayal of them has to be a little stylized. And there were some themes addressed that I thought might have been a bit much for real young kids, but I think they might have been shooting for a slightly older-kid audience by then. (I mean, the scene in one ep where Danny Slavin rips off his shirt, that got put into the opening credits later in the season...seems like a nod to the just-post-puberty, "I've got a hormone and I'm not afraid to use it" female demographic... :D )

Anyway, Archie's character starts as a very by-the-book, heavily self-disciplined guy - the "Sir Galahad" archetype if you will - and goes through a bit of a "journey" to come to thinking for himself, not just blindly following the rules. All the characters sort of "grow up" in the course of the season - of course Valerie Vernon's illness made some plot changes re: the Pink Ranger necessary - but I find myself really enjoying watching these old episodes. Yeah, it's an "escape" - and believe me, the stress I've been under, I need an occasional "escape" and better this than some things - but it's also fun to watch this area of Archie's range of acting. Most of what's been written for him on "CSI" has been very understated (oh please, TPTB, give him a chance to stretch his wings a little!!) and it's fun to see him bring a different character to life in a different way - the really "spheres" to the walls bit he got in "ER", the more sort of gentle but distinct character he played in "Purpose", and I've sworn I've got to find "Local Boys" at some rental place around here...

AUGH! I'm telling you, I have a blithering fangirl smilie and I'm not afraid to use it... :lol:

--Robin

4. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Been a little quiet around the ol' "Shrine" lately so I thought it was time for some more "graven images". :D (Hey, can I help my interior decorating/design background? ;))

These are from "Local Boys". Yep, finally saw it...well worth the rental. Has a lot of heart, always a major plus for me. Also extra points for having "Riverside" by America on the soundtrack - I was a big America fan in high school, at least the first couple of albums - very hippie-dippie like I was back in the early '70's...

But I digress. Enjoy.

Ah, warmth and sunshine. Nice weather too.
    How could anybody resist that smile?
    See, he can do the "Horatio" too...
    "David K." spots a hero from Hawaii...

Checking out the waves in Mexico
    No. Caption. Required. ::THUD::

Enjoy. I hope to have more stuff up later...

5. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

ooh goodness i'm soo drooling right now thanks so much for those pics

6. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

7. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Oh those are hot! You're right, archie has got the most awesome smile and cheekbones!

8. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I agree Yes the man is very Hot

9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Nice screen caps! A lot of the same ones I got...not quite finished with my PR:LG caps but I hope to do that tomorrow. When I get a little time later today I may post links to a few more of mine...

What I can't wait for is "Fast Money"...that'll really give Archie a chance to stretch his wings. Hopefully it'll be out soon. (Yeah, I'm on the mailing list... :D Me? Impatient?)

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Fast Money looks very interesting. :eek: I want to see it!

I have a couple of PR:LG episodes on DVD. If anyone knows of a good freeware DVD player and/or screenshot program, I can take some caps. :)

12. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

I'll have to go doublecheck what that it I've been using, it's on my mother-in-law's PC so I can't check right now...

But here's some more Power Rangers goodies...

Close-up: Sheer intensity
    Out to beat Lance Armstrong's record?
    That smile...
    Love the "Who...me?" look!

And a couple from "The One" - this was hard, because it's such a dark movie visually and he was only in it for a couple of scenes...

Yes, he is taller than Jet...
    Where'd he go...?
    Just go get the bad guy...
    Why do I have to play the cannon fodder? I was a Power Ranger...

13. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

FAST MONEY WILL PREMIERE MARCH 8!!!!!

It'll be at the Escape From Film School festival in Hollywood - admission free! I'm going...I don't have a car so I don't know how I'm gonna get there (rental or bus, I don't care)...come hell, high water or FEMA, I'M GOING!!!

Anyway for info about the festival (if you are/are going to be in the L.A. area in a couple weeks) check out this site . And if any of you fellow Archie fans are going, let me know, let's meet up and say hey...

14. AznxCSI

AznxCSI Witness

Oh wow Archie is so hott, especially while he's a power ranger ^.^ I wish CSI would give a little bit more screen-time.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes.We need more~
    I don't know "power ranger " very much,maybe another series?
    I'm very happy that Archie's a Chinese :D
    Gao in cinese is "高" ;)Cute~Does he have a Chinese name?