"Shock Waves" Discussion **SPOILERS**

As a brit myself i was actually struggling to understand what the kacey character was saying at times, like peyton in csi:ny the english accent actually sounded slightly fake and put on, despite the actresses both being british.
Sometimes I get the feeling that British actors on American shows are asked to exaggerate their accents to maximize their "British-ness" . . . if that makes any sense.

And then you have Louise Lombard, who had to suppress her accent. Go figure. :lol:
Of course, I spent many an hour listening intently to Sofia in order to hear a slip up... :shifty:

She must not have ever slipped up because I didn't even know she was British. :lol:

And then you have Louise Lombard, who had to suppress her accent. Go figure. :lol:
Of course, I spent many an hour listening intently to Sofia in order to hear a slip up... :shifty:

She must not have ever slipped up because I didn't even know she was British. :lol:
But her fake "American" accent sounded like a cross between a Texan, New Yorker, Californian, and Minnesotan ;) I thought it was cute!

Sara pregnant? Sorry, but I just don't see that happening. She's always been distant and awkward around kids, and to be brutally honest, I don't think Grissom is capable of making a baby. :lol:
Maybe it's Greg's! Just kidding!

But, seriously, it would make a good storyline and possible exit for Sara, if Jorja doesn't re-sign for more. I don't want another angsty exit, and I can't imagine Jorja would either.
We haven't seen Sara with kids for a while. I thought she was very sensitive, even if a little awkward, with kids in the past. One doesn't have to be a 'natural' at parenting, just caring, and Sara is that.
I suspect many who can't see her as a parent also could not see her married, yet here we are. She and Grissom have both changed, so we'll see. I, for one, would welcome it, and think it makes perfect sense. Planned or not, accidents do happen. That said, I'm not sure tptb will go there.

As a brit myself i was actually struggling to understand what the kacey character was saying at times, like peyton in csi:ny the english accent actually sounded slightly fake and put on, despite the actresses both being british.

Sienna mentioned that in one of her tweets, apparently she is being directed to speak that way.

Sienna tweets:
Thank you for being nice and watching CSI, sorry for the American pronunciation of 'soldered' if it offended UK ears, the Powers decreed it
Source

She also confirmed that she only did the one episode. I guess they wrote the character before all the main actors signed for this season as insurance to fill the gap. I hope after all the positive reviews that we will see more of her later in the season.

Lol thanks for the quote, when she said 'soldered' i was sat watching thinking *they did what now!?'*, odd that they would direct her to speak a certain way...

Being Canadian, I have to admit, I didn't know which pronunciation she used. We seem to use half American and half British, so I'm never sure which is which. :confused:

So after reading the last couple of posts, I searched the internet, and found an amusing thread on some RC helicopter forum, which included this guide to international pronunciation. :lol:

I watched Sienna in Gunless the other day, and oddly enough, it made me like Kacey less. She was so perfect for the character in Gunless, it made her seem more out of place in CSI. :(

Sara pregnant? Sorry, but I just don't see that happening. She's always been distant and awkward around kids, and to be brutally honest, I don't think Grissom is capable of making a baby. :lol:
Maybe it's Greg's! Just kidding!

That would be AWESOME!!! :guffaw:

Mainly cause it means Greg finally gets some lovings.

I bet Greg totally gets lucky with all the females...just not in front of the camera. As soon as the credits roll the show goes from CSI to Greg Gone Wild: Unrated Edition.:lol:

I always felt that Sara was incredible with kids, in so many episodes. "Homebodies", she helped the rape victim through her ordeal, and when she found the two little boys locked down in that dirty shed, [with Brass and Greg] how she hugged them [forget the ep. name] and with Dakota Fanning how she stayed with her, and countless other episodes and thought "wow she'd be such a great mom" but I don't see that happening this season beings her other half [if that is still the case] coming out preggos, to off-the-wall. I don't think this will happen, but one never knows on CSI:confused:

It wouldn't make for a good story line. Either she would have to go back to France or wherever Grissom is right now (meaning she takes a few episode vacation), or Griss would have to be in LV, and it wouldn't feel right if he didn't make an appearance in the lab.

I'm sure they could do it with his vast knowledge of science. He probably knows more about reproduction that Dr. Ruth. :)

I'm pretty sure she's had trips back to France in the past year. "Making a baby" only takes a few minutes, really (if you want to be unromantic about it :)). She would have to take a few weeks (episodes) off to have the baby - or she could take a longer leave, which could be used to explain Jorja leaving or having reduced episodes.

I'd still like to hear about Grissom coming back to Vegas sometime anyway. We don't need to see him any more than we see Mrs. Robbins or Mrs. Philips. There could still be mentions of the others seeing him, even if it's not on-screen.

Sometimes I get the feeling that British actors on American shows are asked to exaggerate their accents to maximize their "British-ness" . . . if that makes any sense.

True, it seems to be an either/or proposition. Either the actor is supposed to go with a British accent -- and really overemphasize it, lest we "dumb" Americans not get it -- or they're supposed to cloak it under an American accent, as Louise was asked to do (and didn't always completely nail it, though I thought it added a neat quirk to her character).

Went back to work today after vacation and talked to a couple of friends about the premiere. BOTH of them said they were tricked into thinking the funeral was for Ray at the beginning. :lol:

Sometimes I wish I didn't read spoilers :)

Went back to work today after vacation and talked to a couple of friends about the premiere. BOTH of them said they were tricked into thinking the funeral was for Ray at the beginning. :lol:

Sometimes I wish I didn't read spoilers :)
And this is one of the times I'm glad I did know the spoilers - cuz I would've been more bummed if I'd had been given a slight hope that Ray did die, then found out he actually didn't. :lol:

Back