"Shock Waves" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I love that Nick and Cath and Sara and Greg were beside and were praying for him, and were all in shock. And Cath saying "I almost lost Ray", that they were all so concerned about his well being, shows the grit and solidarity of them towards him. thank goodness he's OK, and back with them and with us. He's so powerful and such a fantastic actor:bolian:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I normally read all the spoilers, but I didn't for that ep and then my mom caught the tale end of CSI's finale and blabbed it. I would have liked to have remained spoiler free on that one. :lol: Just for the shock factor you know? I mean, even reading the spoilers, I never saw anything about what would happen to Warrick, so when I watched that episode (that season finale) where he was shot, I was so stunned. I was just speechless.

3. Desertwind

I too was speechless over Warrick and was in denial, I so thought he'd live, what a great loss, to the show. I hope we don't see anymore cast members go away, or get hurt in the near future. This ep. was so awesome, I've watched it 3 times, and still enjoy every moment:bolian:The Beebs, in the last scene so chilling and so creepy. That evil smirk in his jail cell:evil:

4. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

This episode wasn't bad. In my opinion, it doesn't matter who ranks above who or who was supposed to do what job. If Clark's family knew that Nick was with him when he was killed, and has indirectly asked Nick to leave, then their wishes should have been respected. There is a time or place to "pay respects" to a dead colleague's family. A family and kids he would never see again.

I don't know the whole story of Catherine and Brass's arguement, since I didn't watch last season's finale due to really bad cable static. I have to agree with Brass for wanting to keep Noah Bennett, I mean Nate Haskell, behind the clink whether Nate acted alone or not.

I'm happy that Jorja's back in the credits! And nice right hook! I've always wanted to see anyone of the CSIs physically defend themselves even with assault, aside from Nick or Catherine. I don't remember Nick killing anyone throughout all the seasons until I saw the beginning and Alex's scene. Greg beat him to it by running over the James kid years ago. That must've explain why Nick has been struggling as of now. I look forward to see how he'd handle himself episodes later. I couldn't take his going about his business after Grave Danger like nothing ever happened. Geez, Don Flack from NY struggled on half of Season 6 after losing Angel, almost to the point where I got bored with Nick.

As for Nick barfing, I've seen worse. The whole scooping up a fly-infested meal from that crappy diner years ago. Any idea or mental picture of kissing this man has been forever ruined! Hahah!!

The bomb girl didn't annoy me as much as Peyton from NY did. I remember Nick saying that he would never ever get with a colleague when discussing about Grissom and Sara. The hope the writers are consistent with that. She's like a cross between Peyton and Lena Headey's Sarah Connor.

As for Justin, I can actually tolerate his character more than Taylor Swift's. I look forward to seeing him later. Even though he may look as intimidating as a chihuahua.

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/justin-bieber-csi-01-500.jpg

If Brass would ask, I'd give the kid a lollipop, or even a batch of baked cookies instead of run away from him. But seriously, I'd like to see where his character would pull any evil acts soon.

I like how alot of memorable stuff has been thrown into this one episode. Warrick, Piggy, cockroaches (Grissom's fascination with insects) even though I hate roaches, Nick's poor car (reminiscent to his car troubles in Rashomamma), as well as a Bruckheimer-esque scene like a model plane (like in National Treasure 2). I know that Jerry has used alot of ideas from other movies or shows. Langston in bed = Denzel in The Bone Collector. Cemetary is a crime scene = Law-Abiding Citizen.

My favorite moment is talks between the good Doctors Robbins and Langston. A warm reminiscence to Robbins' friendship since warmly welcoming Langston and giving him a place in the lab. And Catherine and Nick discussing Warrick almost tore me apart. I give this episode a B-.

5. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Just wondering, was Nick's SUV his or the labs?

6. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I don't know for sure but I believe that it was his... I mean why should he show up at Officer Clarks funeral with an SUV from the lab? And then Greg said to Nick after he was blown up "Have you seen your car?"... it does indicate it was his own :)

7. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Hmm....Wasn't he driving a Jeep Cherokee in a Season 10 episode?

8. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yes, he was in Internal Combustion... when he and Catherine raced... maybe he got a new one ;)

Or maybe they didn't remember what car he drove last season...

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

Or maybe the make/model that is on board for this year's product placement has changed. It might be bad from a continuity standpoint, but if those changes are made behind the scenes, then the props department has to roll with them.

10. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Yeah, some things on TV, I think we just have to overlook, because of behind the scenes decisions. He had a different car in season 6 too (when it got stolen in Rashomama).

11. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Maybe they get them leased with a good package because of work, for 2 years instead of the standard 4 because of the dangerous job. So when the PD changes cars they get new ones too (if they want?).

12. Desertwind

From today in the LOS ANGELES TIMES on The Beebs~

"Why Justin Bieber showed up on the season premiere of "CSI" , in the apparent hope of establishing a 'CSI" beachhead among tween girls. I can't imagine it is going to work out, but he was not nearly as terrible as one assumed he would be". It's good to see shows other than Fox's "GLEE" using "guest stars".. as they did with Britney Spears.. to to pop-pop-culture hybrid"

Mary McNamara.. L.A. Times writer~

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Thursday, 12/16. :)

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The Best and Worst Guest Stars of 2010

Guess where Bieber was listed. :)

Honestly, the episode wasn't that bad. I actually liked that Bieber wasn't used very much in the episode. Having a serial bomber case was something different. If I'm not mistaken, the last serial bomber we had was in 'Boom'? Not sure though.

In this episode, there was a great scene between Catherine and Nick, which for me was the highlight of the episode. I'm not usually a fan dramatic scenes but Marg and George did a very good job that made me really liked the scene. Ray and Doc Robbins had a good scene too.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I have to say, I agree with most of this list.
    And, for me, Bieber's appearance wouldn't have been that bad if he hadn't been *blushed* over so much by CM. CSI just really needs to stay away from guest stars that overshadow the show. Like you said, the episode wasn't that bad.