"Shock Waves" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I wasn't to fond of Ray still insisting on working from a hospital bed just after surgery. I know the hospital, in general, can be long and boring but the others are more then qualified to handle a scene. But I must say, I did like the scene between him and Doc, when Doc gave him that cane. Very thoughtful.

And I especially liked the scene between Nick and Catherine...you know, their talk. When Nick was in the lab trying to process some evidence and he seemed to be having a hard time emotionally. Cath was both professional, requesting he talk to someone, yet at the same time, came across as a caring friend. It was nice to see her concern from both aspects. For him and the safety of the lab.

I just watched the scene with Ray and Dr. Rob over again and, I'm kind of embarassed, but I shed some tears. Just a couple. I didn't cry the first time I watched it but I guess second time is the charm.

After the scene with Nick and Cath I couldn't help but wait for Cath to hug Nick. But after thinking about it I realized that wouldn't have been appropriate since they were in the lab, Nick probably would have started crying, and then I would have started crying...too much tears for one episode.:lol:

Just popping in to unstick the thread, but feel free to continue the discussions of the season premiere.

The discussion for the next episode, "Pool Shark" is now up

We watched this for a 3rd time it was so riveting and so complex and so good:bolian: And Nick was shot a few months back told to leave the funeral, cried, and then got blown up, but still kept working much to Cath's chagrin. And was kinda of losing it when they all shot Jason's brother, he was shaking, & Cath had to talk him down. I'm afraid he's going to get a nervous twitch:(He's a workahololic, so some might say "that was silly and ridiculous" why didn't he go home? but it's Nick and that's the way he is, they all are. If he was down and bedridden like Ray was he'd still be working just like Ray did. What's amazing about Ray is not once did he complain or whine about losing a kidney, or being in pain, instead and the first question out of his mouth to Brass was "How's Nick". They've all got an "admiration society" going with each other, and that's not my just my opinion, it's what the writers have shown the fans. So maybe big Nick fans, [me too] before saying something derogatory about Ray, might want to look at Ray through Nick's eyes, and see what he sees:cool: And he didn't find the little plane in the cemetary Greg did.. He was just guiding them through the steps and they were following his lead , beings he is the LEAD. The ending was chilling that little evil doer with his chilling expression, so he was deepley involved in these bombings. He'll be back in December. Bieber baby got better as the episode progressed~

I did like that Ray asked how Nick was. That was a nice touch by the writers. :)

Diabolical little Jason lol... maybe he should team up with Hannah. :lol: That was her name, right? The girl who irked Sara so much? I think her name was Hannah. :lol:

I did like that Ray asked how Nick was. That was a nice touch by the writers. :)

Diabolical little Jason lol... maybe he should team up with Hannah. :lol: That was her name, right? The girl who irked Sara so much? I think her name was Hannah. :lol:

OMG, that's a great idea, both liars & bad seeds and diabolical good word, Him and Hannah EWWW, he gave me the chills all 3 times, maybe with acting lessons he'll improve..that smirk and we're going, "he was involved", good ending:mad:

Last edited:
OMG, that's a great idea, both liars & bad seeds and diabolical good word, Him and Hannah EWWW, he gave me the chills all 3 times, maybe with acting lessons he'll improve..that smirk and we're going he was involved, good ending:mad:

Hannah was like psycho kid from a horror movie creepy. :lol: That's her level of creepiness. Yeah, Justin could have potential if he gets acting lessons. I think his timing was just off a few times and the infliction in his dialogue... but with work, it could get better. :) I do agree that he didn't seem to fit in much with that crowd of people. Him sitting there shouting "Yeah!" to everything the speaker was saying was a little weird to me. He seemed really out of place there. I dunno...

I really liked this episode. I almost forgot it was Justin Bieber I was watching :lol: Hurt!Nick is just too cute. And that man looks so good when he cries.
I loved his grissom-esque description of the cockroaches underneath the van. And TPTB George should get more shirtless scenes. K thanks. ;)
I knew something else was going to happen when Catherine and Greg went to the new crime scene. Her little touch on Greg's shoulder after the bomb went off was sweet since Vartann's her boyfriend :lol:

It could be a case of not disclosing information to the family. Many of the specific details of a case are not revealed to the public. In this instance, it could be that the family only heard that Nick was with Clark during the shooting and that Nick survived, but Clark didn't. The family may hold that fact against Nick because they don't know specific details.

I think that regardless of the details and how much the family know (and IMO, since the perp is dead and it's no longer an active case, there'd be no need to hold back details), all they really need to know is that their family member died and Nick didn't, and right there at the funeral, they're still grieving and hurting and angry and Nick was really just an available target. If Ray had been there as well, they might have asked him to leave as well.

And he didn't find the little plane in the cemetary Greg did.. He was just guiding them through the steps and they were following his lead , beings he is the LEAD. The ending was chilling that little evil doer with his chilling expression, so he was deepley involved in these bombings. He'll be back in December. Bieber baby got better as the episode progressed~

Um, last time I checked, the one who guides the team and leads them is Catherine, seeing that she is the supervisor? And I thought Beiber was coming back in February?

And he didn't find the little plane in the cemetary Greg did.. He was just guiding them through the steps and they were following his lead , beings he is the LEAD. The ending was chilling that little evil doer with his chilling expression, so he was deepley involved in these bombings. He'll be back in December. Bieber baby got better as the episode progressed~

Um, last time I checked, the one who guides the team and leads them is Catherine, seeing that she is the supervisor? And I thought Beiber was coming back in February?

Justin Bieber films in December for an air date in February. :)

Sara pregnant? Sorry, but I just don't see that happening. She's always been distant and awkward around kids, and to be brutally honest, I don't think Grissom is capable of making a baby. :lol:

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the episode, if anything justin bieber's tentative acting made you appreciate the caliber of actors that they normally have on csi. Hopefully he'll demonstrate a more confident appearance in february.

Was very impressed with george eads performance, especially at the funeral, you really felt for him. Thought he looked like a little lost boy when catherine came to check on him at the scene :).

The subtle vartann/catherine beats were nice and fit with the feel of the episode and catherines turn as a strong and caring supervisor. Thought it was a nice touch that greg saved vartann at the end.

Interested to see how long they drag out the tension between brass and catherine, can't imagine either of them backing down. Despite how amusing the shiner brass was sporting was i do miss the witty one liners brass has.

As a brit myself i was actually struggling to understand what the kacey character was saying at times, like peyton in csi:ny the english accent actually sounded slightly fake and put on, despite the actresses both being british.

He was just guiding them through the steps and they were following his lead , beings he is the LEAD.

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but that sounds incredibly patronising considering how much more experience catherine, nick, and greg have at being csi's.

I get that the writers probably feel a certain pressure to make use of laurence fishburne but they shouldn't do that at the expense of the shows integrity, Ray's input in the episode was largely superfluous. I guess the next couple of episodes will tell us if super ray is here to stay.

Loved sara's punch, especially the ghandi line. Hope they don't make her pregnant, like other's have mentioned i can't picture grissom and sara as the parental type. I assume the writers are being purposefully ambiguous so that they can adapt to whether jorja fox extends her contract or leaves again.

Last edited:
As a brit myself i was actually struggling to understand what the kacey character was saying at times, like peyton in csi:ny the english accent actually sounded slightly fake and put on, despite the actresses both being british.
Sometimes I get the feeling that British actors on American shows are asked to exaggerate their accents to maximize their "British-ness" . . . if that makes any sense.

Sometimes I get the feeling that British actors on American shows are asked to exaggerate their accents to maximize their "British-ness" . . . if that makes any sense.

And then you have Louise Lombard, who had to suppress her accent. Go figure. :lol:
Of course, I spent many an hour listening intently to Sofia in order to hear a slip up... :shifty:

Back