"Shock Waves" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

We watched this ep. again, and I don't know if it was because it was the premiere, or that it was just plain GOOD. But it was Nick was the rock star of this ep. in my opinion. His emotions ran the gamut, from tearful, to serious to to cute and funny. He's a great actor. And, on the Beebs, I thought this was funny on Jay Leno he said "Justin Bieber is writing his bio, gosh I hope he doesn't leave out the "early years":lol: The only scene he was good in was the last one with the evil sneer. So my interpretaion is that he was totally involved in those explosions:wtf:we'll find out when he reappears~

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

The season premiere was very good-better than last season's and one of the best ever.
    Bieber on the other side was awful.....I hope he went to acting scholl so he's ready for February's episode.

3. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I didn't particularly enjoy the premier since it only had one of my favourite characters in it, but re-watching it I have to admit I really enjoy the Doc/Ray scene (I know, I'm shocked I like a scene with Ray in it too) Robert Hall really showed his acting talents there. Rest of it was kinda mundane for me.

They really shouldn't have brought on Beiber, ploy to get more ratings or not. His baby face and bad acting really made it hard to believe he could nick sweets from a store, let alone be involved in serial bombings :lol:

4. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

The most "magical appearance" was the water bottle in Catherine's hnad which she offered to Nick after he threw up!

Writing-wise, it was quite good and gave us fans many nice moments to think about, like when Ray asked about Nick when Brass asked about him in the hospital, or when Catherine touched Vartann's shoulder at the ambulance.

But here are two choppy writing moments:

the part where Catherine is taking the DNA of the 'ring leader' and she abruptly cuts him off with a "shut up!". I thought Cath was more quick-witted and sassy than to resort to elementary school method of argument! Still love her anyway.

Or the part where Nick went "I think I popped a couple of stitches" and Cath goes "What tipped you off (about the bomb), Nicky?" That was abrupt too, even though the ticking sound was an important explanation to the plot.

Also, is Vartann's first name cannonically Luke? At the end, Catherine was like, "Greg, Luke! Don't touch that! (the rolling thing that turned out to be a bomb)"

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I believe it's actually "Lou" and has been used several times. Maybe the Vartillows fans can back me up on that with citations. :)

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

On the show they have been using "Lou".

In the book "Ultimate CSI" (page 119) they say it's "Tony"! :confused:

Susan

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Thursday, 5/26. :)

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I rewatched, I think this is my 4th time watching

I'm getting my complaints and rant out of the way first

Though Haskell was hardly in the ep :scream::scream: HE CAN REALLY GET ON A PERSON'S NERVES!!! :scream::scream:

And then Greg, Nick, and Casey should be reporting to Catherine NOT RAY!! *YELLS* CATHERINE IS THE BOSS NOT RAY!!!

*YELLS MORE* PLUS CATHERINE, BRASS, AND ECKLIE ARE SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT HASKELL DIDN'T SET THE BOMBS!!!! GOD FORBID THEY SOLVE ANYTHING WITHOUT HIM!!!! :scream::scream:

Not crazy about Bieber either, though he's hardly a problem compared to the three above, I wished they had casted Drew Garret in the role instead but one good thing JB gave CSI publicity :)

After that liked this ep, Nick's the one that really made this ep :):thumbsup:, wish they had done more continutity for him especially after Targets of Obcession, I mean Nick shot a kid, I know he was acting in self defense but I think that would really affect him

Other good things: :) Vartllows, talking about Warrick, Sara right hooking the girl,Greg and he saved Vartann, seeing Nick's chest :drool: and I wouldn't mind seeing Casey again :)

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  9. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Hahaha yea this might have been my 4th or 5th time..

Anyways no offense to Jorja but everytime I see this episode I think she's sporting a baby bump. That & the scene where she's tired. Ahh Kaitlynn get this outta your head!!!

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Completely agreed!
    Yeah Drew would have been great in that.

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Completely feel the same way - I don't like how they had practically everyone reporting their findings to Ray when Catherine is the supervisor.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, I just have to say it, because someone does. ;)

It is really hard to see Ray be all 'good CSI' after we all know what he did in the finale.

It's going to be hard watching the repeats. :shifty:

:drool::drool: That's for Nick! :thumbsup:

13. profilims

profilims Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I still think this episode is one of the best, if not the best in S/11. The camraderie of the whole team Cath so on top of the whole trauma, showing her supervisory skills with her team. She's been so great in S/11. So caring about Nick, when he was kinda of in denial. But Nick/George topped this one. I've said this before, I can't believe that he has never won an award for his stellar performances on this show. [and so handsome] His emotions, from sad, to disoriented, to angry and to crying. He's just plain great:bolian:The sweetness between Sara and Ray the lighthearted banter. And Doc, as a gift to Ray with the cane, the "hug" so poignant. Greg finding the little plane in the tree. Brass always fantastic. A great episode:bolian: