*Sexy, Sassy, Steely, Smart* - Marg/Catherine #4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart girl, indeed. She realizes when a show is starting to decline. Since she's not one to try and opt out of a contract early, she'll stick out the last two seasons. I just hope people (casting directors, etc) don't see her typecast in this kind of role.

It's been great that she's done other types of roles in movies the past few years - the dutiful/supportive wife in IGC, and what I'm guessing is a traumatized wife or clueless wife who has a murderous husband in Mr Brooks. With the variety in her previous work, I don't think she'll have problems in finding something right after CSI.

I know there're too many posts about how great Marg was in last episode, but I have to say something about my love for Marg. ;)

Hate what happened to Catherine and also heartbroke for her for going through this, I know she's the leading actress, but I wish sometimes TPTB would give this character a break, though I love angst things, but please give this woman some happiness, please? After going through all these things, she deserves something happy.

I held my breath and tears for the last ten minutes, when Cath finally lost it in the shower, I just want to give her a hug and tell her everything will be okay. But in the mean time, bravos to Marg, that's the pure acting and amazing performance, she didn't have to say a word to tell you what she went through or what she felt, you just knew it, by her esperssions and looks, your heart just aches for this character and touched by Marg's amazing performance.

I wish I could find the right words to tell you how much I love the last ten minutes of Marg, but sometimes words just are enough.

kaylyne said:
OH, but why would it need to go to court? ;) Cath is a Braun. Just tell "dear old dad" what happened, and who did it, and he'll take care of it "out of court".
Don't get me started on Sam Braun.
<blinking, looking around> No, you aren't hallucinating. I'm posting in the Catherine thread. Please try to conceal your utter shock.
Marg did an excellent job with that scene, so excellent in fact that my best friends and I are going emo until she is happified again. Or for a week, whichever comes first. Of course, we might be going emo for awhile, judging by the nasty crunching noises at the end of the promo... yark. As I was saying, Marg is an excellent actress, and did a wonderful job with that scene. She made it work despite some flaws in the writing. I will say though...
Being the twisted little psycho I am, I know how to get under these characters' skins, and if you ask me? Catherine being forced to put her own case in someone else's hands would be much worse for her than processing herself. Catherine, despite her flaws, is a very, very strong (and beautiful) woman, and not being in control of herself is probably what scares her the most (second only to losing Lindsey). Not only that, she's proud, and being processed by one of her coworkers is probably not going to sit well with her at all.
Thus endeth my wee rant. <bows out>

Crysthala said:
Catherine being forced to put her own case in someone else's hands would be much worse for her than processing herself. Catherine, despite her flaws, is a very, very strong (and beautiful) woman, and not being in control of herself is probably what scares her the most (second only to losing Lindsey). Not only that, she's proud, and being processed by one of her coworkers is probably not going to sit well with her at all.

Absolutely. Just think back to LHB where she couldn't process Eddie's scene or be part of the case. It drove her nuts not to have a hand in any of that.

^^ also agree. although i think it will be a combo of the need to handle it herself and the shame (yes, i said it, don't care how strong she is because in that situation your mind is f@cked up) from what may or may not have happened.

I got the idea she didn't process herself because she couldn't let anyone else do it, but she just did it because she wanted to get the trace from her body, but she couldn't wait until she reached the crime lab or someone came to her. I think the first thing you want is take a shower, but because she knows it is important to collect trace, that was her first priority.

I know it's a sad scene but I can't help rewatching it over and over again. She's brilliant in it and I'm happy the Marg fans aren't the only ones recognizing her beautiful work this time. I must admit that I am surprised that there isn't any remark against Catherine from this episode in at least 95% of the comments I've read so far, and the critics love her. :)

It's painful to watch, but Marg is so amazing in the scene that you want to watch it again. I've watched the last 20 minutes of the episode over again more than once.

CatherineWStokes said:
It's painful to watch, but Marg is so amazing in the scene that you want to watch it again. I've watched the last 20 minutes of the episode over again more than once.
Only "more than once?" - I think I'm up to 35 (or is it 37? I think I lost count somewhere) *Can anyone say "obsessed"?* *ahem* No, that wouldn't be me!! Okay, okay *raises hand* I'll confess. Just call me "obsessed" then! There could be worse things, I guess. :lol:

:lol: No offense, E, but I think that just means that you have no life, either! Right?! :D

I think it's time to start a Marg-obsessers anonymous group? Although, I'm not really interested in finding a cure for this particular "disease".

Don't worry, I don't feel offended at all. It's not news that I don't have a life. :D

If you start it, kay, I'll be the first one to join.

Hey thats my mini catmarg your talking about!

..We have one for Emily and Carmine and so on... why not one for Marg too? oh and its totally not a cure. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back