**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, what the heck happened to Eric's father? Why did he just disappear?

Or Yelina and Ray Jr.? Or Suzie and Madison? Or Julia? Or Calleigh's dad? So many loose ends ... :(
The problem with following up with these particular loose ends is that they always involve the same characters.H,Calleigh and Eric.They can mention them,tie the ends,and drop them once and for all.I would rather the writers concentrate on today's team. It's been so long for Suzie or Madison,I kind of don't care if that particular loose end is tied up or not.The writers can just say they moved out of state,and that would be fine with me.

^^ Aw. That's cute. *snags it*
Omar seems to be meshing very well with the cast, he's been a great addition.

As for dropped storylines, the one that bugs me the most is the whole thing about who killed Jesse's wife Tracy. It's not like the team can't keep investigating that even with Jesse being gone. They can do it to honor him.

I agree with greatfan, to bring back Suzie or Madison or Juila would be diving way too far into the past, especially for veiwers who haven't been with the series the entire way. I would consider those storylines tied up in the veiwer's mind - Suzie and Madison moved on, Juilas probably still in that mental home, Eric's dads probably in jail or fled, Calleigh's dad is probably still fighting his alcoholism.

But they're all probablys and maybes. I think the writers should focus on the current stars. Like GregNickRyanFan said, Jesse's storyline is still open, if anyone should get some closure, it's his fans. Then there's Walter and Frank and Ryan who deserve some storylines, not people from the past that were forgotten and unknown to most of the audience.

Here's my only argument with that - it was WAY back in Season 2 that we heard about Frank and the issues with his wife, but we never really heard anything more about that. We can't even say definitively that he got divorced - not if we go by what we were presented on air. Its pure speculation. So by the standard that something is an old storyline and shouldn't be resurrected, am I to assume that Frank's personal life should never be addressed again?

All I'm saying is would it be so hard for Horatio to be on the phone once for like two seconds talking to Yelina or Ray Jr. and then hang up and go about his business? Or instead of Calleigh saying she's having dinner with "a friend" to have dinner with "her dad." They don't have to completely resurrect an old storyline to maintain consistency.

Actually he did get divorced. I forget the exact episode, but there was a scene in which Calleigh was processing a piece of fabric and Frank was actually able to identify the designer just by looking at it. When Cal inquired as to how he could possibly know that, Frank remarks that "the ex-wife" took him to town on those designer threads or something along those lines.

I like your idea. It'd be nice to see the CSI's have some semblance of a personal life more often than we've been shown. Whenever they do have a scene like that, for instance Horatio skype-ing with Kyle, the boards are usually glowing about how much we all loved it. You would think TPTB would pepper more scenes like that given there's such positive feedback associated with them.

Actually he did get divorced. I forget the exact episode, but there was a scene in which Calleigh was processing a piece of fabric and Frank was actually able to identify the designer just by looking at it. When Cal inquired as to how he could possibly know that, Frank remarks that "the ex-wife" took him to town on those designer threads or something along those lines.

I like your idea. It'd be nice to see the CSI's have some semblance of a personal life more often than we've been shown. Whenever they do have a scene like that, for instance Horatio skype-ing with Kyle, the boards are usually glowing about how much we all loved it. You would think TPTB would pepper more scenes like that given there's such positive feedback associated with them.

see below (I hate when my computer posts BEFORE I'm finished writing.)

Last edited:

I stand corrected and now that you mention it, I remember that episode. Death Pool wasn't it?

I agree with you about peppering the scenes though. It makes more sense to me to see little scenes here and there than full blown backstory lines. With as many characters that are on this show, I don't see them being able to get into everyone's backstory sufficiently. You can't really do more than one character at a time without the personal stuff overshadowing the science and the crimes. I have little doubt that the show will be renewed for a 10th season, but after that, the ground is starting to look a little shaky, IMO. That doesn't give a lot of time for evolving character development in the form of their pasts.

Personally, I'd love to see the reappearance of Stetler somehow at least once, but I don't think it is going to happen. I believe DLS is busy with another project ...

I loved Jesse. I was p****d as hell when Eddie had to leave the show and the way he was written out still irritates me. But to me, the time they should've addressed his dead wife was in Fallen. If his wife was still alive, I could see that.

I guess it could work if they were bringing back Enright since Jesse blamed him for killing Tracy, but as of L.A., Enright is in the slammer already. I'm sure Jesse's death will be brought up again by the end of the season, probably in the form of a factor in H's dark behavior, but as far as his wife's murder - I'd bet dollars to donuts that we can bid that storyline adieu.

Perhaps it is just as well, if they ARE going to focus on someone's backstory, it should be someone that is currently on the show as opposed to someone who is dead and buried. But I fear that once they do, and when - God forbid - the series comes to end - the personal storylines will be left flailing in the wind with no closure and unanswered questions, and that would suck.

Here's what I know about the latest episode:

9.21 - "L.I.V.E."

~The episode starts out at Bar 212 where Neal, a late 40s guy who doesn't really belong at the establishment, finds himself unexpectedly talking to Olivia, a young waitress. Another bar patron comes along and bumps into Olivia. She accidentally spills a drink on him and ends up getting really pissed. Neal sticks up for Olivia and the result is a fist fight between the two men. Shortly after Neal goes to use the restroom, another man heads into the men's room and finds Neal standing over Patrick's body (the guy he got into the fight with).

~Horatio and Tripp arrive at the scene to discover that Neal and the victim are gone. Natalia and Eric go check out Neal's car in the parking lot and find Patrick's body in the trunk of the car. Across the street is Olivia's apartment, so Tripp tells them to go check out her place while he calls in the new crime scene. Olivia and Neal don't answer the door at first, but when they do Neal tells Eric and Natalia that he didn't do it; he's being set up. Eric arrests the newly formed lovers and proceeds to the elevator while Natalia processes Olivia's place. Just after they get into the elevator and it starts to move, the elevator comes to a halt. The three attempt to get out of the elevator, but Eric is the only one to do so. The elevator begins to rapidly fall. Eric makes his way down flights of stairs to get to the elevator and when he does: Olivia and Neal are missing.

Other small notes:

~L.I.V.E. refers to a corporation that might be behind the death of Patrick.

~Neal has a wife and three children.

~Neal's wife tells MDPD that Neal is "turning into Charlie Sheen." :lol:

~I see mentions of Walter, Ryan, and Dave Benton. Nothing about Calleigh or Loman so far.

thanks for that info-sounds like a good episode to watch for..looks like a lot going on with the characters..wonder if Horatio will be unhappy with Eric for 'losing' the suspects in the elevator..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back