**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CsiMiamiFAN515

CsiMiamiFAN515 Victim

uhhh, now that Calleigh and Eric are being all stupid and like...not together or together. I seriously like don't even care about CSI:Miami anymore. I like don't even get excited when it's gonna come on. I always loved their relationship and how they seemed so in love and had this best friend/lover thing going on that seemed it would last forever. Especially since several parents end up getting divorced or fighting all the time, it was a nice fantasy to kind of thing to live in, but now that there like this I just don't care anymore.

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I know what you mean. I don't really feel like watching CSI Miami anymore not only due to the lack of EC, but also because of dragging this terrible Memmo storyline and a generally awful season 4 reminder :(. It's too much testosterone for me lately, with all the chasing, shooting, gangs and brutal cops it just reminds more and more bad cop drama than CSI show.
    Dropping storylines - not only EC but also others(like this Russian thing or Eric's father) doesn't help either:rolleyes:

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I would love to see the nightmare that is Marisol Caine and the Mala Noche put to rest forever. It long ago wore out it's welcome. In fact I hated it while it was happening. So I hope last night's episode is finally the end of it and Horatio moves the hell on already!

However, just like CSI Miami is NOT the Marisol/Horatio-Revenge show, it is also not the Eric/Calleigh show. I can see why a fan would not be happy this season if that storyline and those two characters are the sum total of their reason for watching.

That said, one season of some E/C fans being uphappy, after 4 seasons of E/C being a major focus and constant storyline, is a small price to pay imo, for other fans to finally get a chance to see their favorite characters get their well deserved moments. Especially after 4 years of playing background and for Frank and Natalia, to the point of almost non-existing.

Spoilers are indicating there is much more Natalia coming and I'm thrilled. I want more Ryan and Frank as well...and they could throw in a little more Walter as well.

In short, the TEAM and not just two people should be the focus of the show. This season HAS been about the team and for those of us who've been waiting for 4 seasons for the team to become important again, it's a chance to reinvest in this show.

I cheer with every spoiler we get that includes the entire team working together and for each spoiler than shows a focus on Natalia, Ryan, Frank or Walter, to me it's a spoiler telling me that a member of the team is being included - as they haven't been in the previous 4 seasons.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Delynn, I perfectly know how you dislike EC storyline, you stress it every time you have a chance on this forum.
    I never wanted EC storyline to be a front and centre, nor I wanted constant ups and downs and this stupid back and forth with them. There's no EC fan who wanted a screentime for Eric and Calleigh only as it was suggested many times. I'm happy that other characters have more screentime this season, but this could be(and should be) done in previous seasons as well, and more capable writers would have done that. It's not difficult to make majority of fans happy.
    All I was saying is that dropping a storyline like this, with no explanation(to the point that even actors were confused) and after build-up like this is disrespectful same much as lack of Natalia(and lack of explanation for it) last season. Or killing off Jesse this season without explaining his storyline, in a quick painful way only not to mention him again.
    That's my complains. Next thing you know is Ryan coming to H's office and finding out that his new boss is Mac Taylor and H. has disapeared somewhere. With no explanation, of course.:rolleyes:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Unfortunately,that's not true .There have been E/C fans that think exactly that. There have been some that have changed their minds to that way of thinking and are calling for more balance, probably because of the lack of E/C this season. There are still some E/C fans around that have stated that E/C is the show or they make the show,they should have the screentime,etc.They need to realize,they don't make the show for everyone.
    More capable writers could have managed a better balance,let's hope that is something they are working toward and that balance includes all the characters in the show.There doesn't need to be a return to certain charcters to go missing in action again,or for a certain character to "reclaim her rightful place".

6. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Is Calleigh in "Stoned Cold"?

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Calleigh is suppose to be in "Stoned Cold".
    It's the 15th episode that she is reportedly not going to appear in.
    She returns to episode 16 (Adam's episode) after maternity leave.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yep. I dislike it intensely. It's no secret at all. Stating I stress it everytime I have a chance on the forum is a bit of an exaggeration, I think.

If that's true then that's great! All that drama served no purpose but to escalate emotions on both sides of the fence.

I'm sorry, but that's not exactly accurate. A great many E/C fans have demanded that E/C be front and center and have stated that they are the show. And I think any further discussion of this topic needs to be taken to the "Dislike" thread. :)

I agree totally and completely! It's the ultimate in frustration that character and storylines are treated the way they are by TPTB and the writers on this show.

And you're right again when you indicated that E/C is far from the only storyline that has been abandoned. The writers seem to write themselves into a corner and then aren't good enough to find a way out.

I'm enjoying this season immensely. Like I haven't enjoyed this show in a long time. I hope it continues as it has been with the team the focus. That's all I've ever wanted.

I'm finding the spoilers we are getting as very promising and I'm hoping we end up with a truly amazing end to the season.

9. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Ignoring the fact that the original poster shouldn't have posted in the spoiler thread about their opinion of the E/C romance... :shifty:

I agree with greatfan and Delynn, it would be great if we had better writers that knew how to divide screentime equally, but unfortunately we don't and the balance has been severely skewed in recent seasons. I think it's only fair that fans of Ryan, Natalia, Frank and Walter should get to see more of the characters after having to endure many seasons of them being put in the background in favour of E/C and sometimes H. Although while I was never a fan of the romance or the characters, I do think it would only be fair if the E/C fans got closure about their ambiguous 'break-up' scene.

I am enjoying this season far more than 6, 8 and even 7, and there's no coincidence that's because E/C has gone and focus has been put more on Nat and Ryan. Every new spoiler has managed to keep my spirits up about the season so far :D

10. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

good episode-Horatio just showing some restraint OR he's decided why end Memmo now? the guy will spend the rest of his life in jail= better justice. Not sure about Ryan manhandling that guy near the bus but effective I guess for the show..can't wait for next week no more leftovers from previous seasons but a new storyline..

11. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

As long as TPTB keep this good team interaction going, I'll be happy. I think it's great other characters are getting a chance to shine - especially Ryan, although he definitely needs his backstory explored more. I still wish the team interaction could be more like it is on the other CSIs or NCIS, but it's pretty good this year. I wonder how the team will react to Nat's "kidnapping" - or if she'll be gone long enough for them to worry.

As for all this E/C talk, as many know, I'm certainly not missing E/C interaction AT ALL. I find both Eric and Calleigh much more tolerable to watch when they're not falling all over each other and isolating the rest of the team, and both are getting a bit of redemption in my book. I also agree that one season w/out E/C isn't anything compared to those who haven't liked E/C and had to sit through the last three or four years of the show and all that melodrama - you'd think Eric was the only one who ever gave a crap about Cal by watching SEasons 6-7. I HATE what their relationship did to the team dynamic, and I say unless it's professional, keep those two apart!

(Oh, and I still remember how some E/C fans made some not-so-kind comments back in Seasons 5-6 when I was talking about how Horatio and Calleigh hadn't had a scene together in 26 episodes :shifty: (NOT an exaggeration, btw) - I guess it's true that what goes around comes around.... :rolleyes: )

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just thought I'd jump in about this episode since it was mentioned (this is the Spoiler Lab, afterall ;) ). I'm actually kind of excited about 'Hunting Ground'. It'll be interesting to see how Adam divides up both the characters and story. It seems different, so it's encouraging to me.

Thank the high heavens it doesn't seem like it's an Eric-centered episode (Unlike Melina Kanakaredes' writing debut on CSI:NY). I'm curious as to how much of the forensic work we'll see as opposed to foot chases and explosions; it's always nice when the story can hold up on its own without the flashy extras. Here's to hoping Adam had a great handle on the episode. I also hope his directing is better than the 'faux documentary feel' everyone in entertainment seems to adore these days.

I have to admit, I wasn't jumping for joy with the type of storyline they came up with for Natalia in 'About Face' (once they have three CSIs kidnapped [Calleigh/Ryan/Natalia], you know they'll try it with everyone else ad nauseum) but I do like that the perp this time around gives it a somewhat interesting twist. Hopefully it'll bring the team together some more, though I have been enjoying their camaraderie so far this season.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Adam's episode does sound like its going to be very good, so I'm looking forward to that.

As for dropped storylines, the one that bugs me the most is the whole thing about who killed Jesse's wife Tracy. It's not like the team can't keep investigating that even with Jesse being gone. They can do it to honor him. That storyline needs to be wrapped up. It's a big plot hole and it's annoying. Also, what the heck happened to Eric's father? Why did he just disappear?

14. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Or Yelina and Ray Jr.? Or Suzie and Madison? Or Julia? Or Calleigh's dad? So many loose ends ... :(

15. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I guess the writers are trying to focus on new cases and the team's interaction with new people..but then we don't see enough of the personal life either..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.