Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

THis was in the PARADE, section of the Sunday paper~

Q I'm glad that CSI's Jorja Fox will be back for a few episodes this fall. But, what about Gary Dourdan? Did they kill him off in last season's cliffhanger?--name withheld..Willet, KY.
    A You'll have to wait for the fall premiere to find out. But, we can tell you that Dourdan doesn't continue as a CSI regular. Instead, there is a new investigator played by Lauren Lee Smith, 28, last seen on "The L Word". "It's daunting to join such a well-oiled cast", she tells us. "My character is a jokster who brings some not-always-appreciated humor to the forensics lab"

Personally I like Greg as the comedic jokster on the show:rolleyes:

ON Ecklie, after he "ambushed" the team, as Warrick so aptly stated in "Mea Culpa" I'm wondering how he'll feel and what or how he'll react to the fact that that low-life McKeen was responsible for Warrick demise:( and is he a softer nicer guy? and maybe he'll be the one to find the clues to this, and probably that's why it'll take 10 episodes to solve this~

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

In 11 Angry Jurors, Nick basically told Grissom the same thing when he was grilled about being emotionally involved in his cases. He said, "I'm not you Grissom." To which Grissom responds that they didn't another him around.

But everyone has their breaking point, even Grissom.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

'Dourdan doesn't continue as a CSI regular' Intresting, that could have so many meanings.

I agree, Greg should be the comedic on the show. Also I agree dedicating his book (if it gets published) to Warrick would be a nice touch!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  4. lilou

lilou Rookie

I am demoralized . Warrick dead and one think we see the most in the promo is Sara and Grissom. Sara and Warrick are the caracter I love least. But Warrick is an important caracter. The writer use his dead dor GSR and sara come back. Sara was pride and Selfish woman. Nick and Catherine are very friends with Warrick. He dead and we only see their one time in promo. And we loose scene with Gil and sara in bed crying. I will prefer see more Catherine, Nick and Greg affect. No sara crying. She left. Stay in los angeles. We don't need you.

5. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

It's been a pattern (especially early on) that the others didn't understand how Grissom could detatch himself emotionally. At times he has implied that he believes scientific evidence will solve the case in the end, and emotional involvement would affect his judgement. At one point he even said the "why" didn't matter, just the "how", and Catherine told him they need to understand both.

But Grissom's buttons have been pushed a few times (remember Friends & Lovers and Gentle Gentle?). Losing Warrick will do it for sure.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Which is why it will be so interesting to have a character come in after Grissom who will be quite focussed with the 'why' as opposed to the 'how'.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like the idea of Greg putting "For Warrick" in his book. About the new girl being the jokester, after Greg went out into the field, they made him more serious. The reason is that some people felt that he seemed immature, so they thought by making him less of the jokester and more serious that he would seem more mature. But, you can be mature and still be a jokester. Obviously the writers don't get that. :lol: But, I do like the idea of a woman jokester too. Maybe her joking will remind Greg of how he used to joke and maybe he'll lighten up and not be so serious all the time and start making his jokes again. I miss his jokes. :lol:

About Grissom- I think he has a very good ability to ... what was the word they use so often on Bones? Decompartmentalize? or something like that. :lol:

That's a good point.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Just saw the promo on TV for the first time as opposed to seeing it online. Those scenes in the alley are split so that yeah, it may not actually be representing Grissom running toward the car before Warrick is found.

And yes, Grissom is wearing some sort of shirt in bed, thank goodness! :lol:

And I'm sure it's Nick at the end.

Even the commercial makes my stomach hurt. I can't wait to see the show, and yet I almost don't want to see it. :(

ETA: Just saw a new promo, but it was pretty generic. In fact, unless they're rehashing scripts it had a scene in it of Nick from LAST season! (Saying, "I'm not leaving here until I find something") Anyone catch it to post?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  9. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

TPTB are definitely messing with us. Yesterday, I was half-watching the golf on CBS when I caught a brief ad for the new season of CSI. There was no video that I saw, just two audio clips: the first was "stay with me, Warrick" which I swear was said by Catherine, and the second was the "OMG" bit and that was definitely Nick. So who knows, maybe there'll be an ad with Ecklie begging Warrick to hang on.

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Just read on another spoiler site that they had previewed the demo sent out to critics...it was fairly detailed about the beginning of the For Warrick episode...Nick is not the one to find Warrick and I am so ticked!

I really am getting the feeling they are going to try and get WP an emmy this season even if they have to make every episode about him and his reactions...not the team...it is a team and the show should reflect that, that is what made it a great show, never about one person but about the team and how it comes together, they are a family...but as my six year year old calls CSI now...the Grissom and Sara show...out of the mouths of babes!

Feeling very bummed now..waited all summer for Nick to walk out of that restaurant and find his friend but now it is Grissom...disappointing!

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I hope your source turns out to be wrong!

I just wonder how they explain Grissom finding Warrick and not Nick?

And of course you're right about the show being about the team and not a single person (or couple). But I guess you're right, too, with TPTB wanting an Emmy for WP.

Very insightful children you have!! ;)

12. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

ITA. The actors have always referred to it as an ensemble, but tptb have definitely made WP the leading man and central figure, and is being paid as such. Even Marg, who has probably had as much or more screen time, has had second billing. But I am happy for her to be the supervisor, and am looking forward to LF coming in.

14. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Let's just say Grissom had to stop and get a newspaper.....I think you can get the rest without my help!

Even though he does have the 80/20 rule in his contract...Nick is Warrick's best friend...a relationship that has been built since first season...Grave Danger even gave Warrick his due time....because of the friendship...he held his hand in the ambulance as they shut the doors...because of the friendship...he should of been as the spoilers have all pointed to...the one to find Warrick...now we have Nicky inside flirting with the waitress while his best friend is dying out in the alleyway in Grissom's loving arms...give me a break!

15. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

ITA. But being a "glass is half full" kind of gal, I'm going to look at it as a way for there to be all kinds of Nick related angst after the fact. GE can hopefully use the fact that Nick wasn't there when Warrick needed him to work all kinds of guilt-laden nuances into his performance.

Or am I being too optimistic? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.