Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know..I was just commenting on the craziness of TV land..look at Lyndsay..boy she aged fast..must be something..in the water..

I know..I was just commenting on the craziness of TV land..look at Lyndsay..boy she aged fast..must be something..in the water..

Yeah, there's something in the water all right... something called DRAS (aka Dramatic Rapid Aging Syndrome). :lol: I can't believe little Lindsey is already 18.

HA! Maybe Warrick's long lost half brother?

I think that I will be surprised with whatever they do because, they have surprised me this whole season. Things I thought they'd NEVER do, they've done. So I'm keeping my expectations low as to not get disappointed.

Yeah, there's something in the water all right... something called DRAS (aka Dramatic Rapid Aging Syndrome). :lol: I can't believe little Lindsey is already 18.

Hey, she was like 7 years old when CSI started and the shows been like 9 years. so that would make her 16. So really 18 isn't a stretch. It's not like she went from being 7 years old one season and 17 the next. :lol:

You all are cracking me up with your comments tonight.

True. At least it's not like a soap opera where the kid is 13 and in a coma, then 18 one year later!

I like your hierarchy Nicksfriend. I would like to think they would NEVER do something like that, but then again, like I said, my expectations are low for a reason.

I wonder if the secret revealed is that when Ray was a doctor he may have killed someone. That could be why he's no longer a Dr and the fact it is shocking.

I wonder if the secret revealed is that when Ray was a doctor he may have killed someone. That could be why he's no longer a Dr and the fact it is shocking.

Okay let's take a look at this theory without the words that he actually killed her but he was arrested and charged and for some reason the charges were dropped.

With that wedding band on since the beginning and the statement to the coroner (Dr Shaw) last episode...you might just have guessed it!!!

Listen....

What would prevent Langston from being a CSI? An arrest record...right?

What if they did investigate Ray for the murder of his wife,charged him but then dropped the charges after investigating him. Let's think back to Boom,if Nick had been charged he would have lost his CSI status even if he weren't found guilty.

We all know that Ray shoots the suspect in the last episode.

When anyone shoots anybody in the line of duty there is an internal investigation...Ecklie learns about Langston being investigated before....and that he was charged with murder in the death of his wife but the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence.

He can no longer be a CSI.

Now ...what to do?

Catherine doesn't want to lose Ray,she has grown fond of him so her and Ecklie come up with a way to keep him on the team. They make him the assistant supervisor/consultant for the team. Nick is knocked out of line for the position. The rest of the team is upset that Nick was passed over by Ray. Nick is upset he was passed over for the position by someone less qualified.

Why else would they finally bring out who would be next in line in the last episode and Ray was also very authoritative in that episode too.

Think about it!

Wojo I think you got it!!!

This would be the upset of the solidified team. Langston as a consultant would be able to go anywhere in the lab to work with the labrats,Doc Robbins,the CSI'S....LET'S FACE IT ...Wojo guessed it...It makes sense!!!!!! The team would be upset by the change...it makes sense and it would go back to the words of the producers that he would not start off in charge.

We will have an upset fan base if this happens!

Last edited:

Well, that's a good possibility.. but the spoiler makes it sound like it's something that Ray is unaware of. Would he be unaware that he caused a death? Or maybe the secret is he thought he caused a death and took the heat for it and he finds out that someone else actually caused it and let him take the heat for it.

I really really don't think Ray would be allowed to be supervisor either. I mean, Grissom was still a CSI when he was super, as is Cath. Brass was a cop and a super, so... I don't think Langston would be allowed to be any of those things if that were the case. And I honestly don't think they would do that. I mean they would lose a good chunk of their fanbase if they did that. It would be a complete smack in the face to George/Nick and to the loyal fans who've yearned for Nick to be in more of a position of authority.

However, I could see the possibility (not with the him having accidentally killed someone thing) of maybe him being coroner if Doc decides to retire and knocking Superdave out of being able to take over. I mean think about this: In the last ep they focused on Superdave doing his first solo autopsy and then Doc and Ray went on a road trip and then there was that case with the former coroner working in a tatt parlor. Something got him fired as a coroner I think. So, what if Ray wasn't able to be a doc anymore cause he was accused of killing a patient and he finds out in the finale that he didn't actually kill the patient, it was someone else's screw-up and he could been able to still work as a Doc... so he's moved to assistant Coroner, knocking SuperDave out of that position. Nick and the others are fairly loyal to SuperDave, so that might be something they'd be angry about if Ray were to take that position from SuperDAve. So, the cliff would be will Ray take it or not. Then in the premiere he decides not to take it and stay a CSI 1 so as not to upset the dynamic of the team.

I don't think so but it could be a possiblity.

Ray wouldn't know that being charged with any crime would eliminate his chance at being a CSI......, The" can't be a CSI rule if charged with a crime" rule. Doc already said to Grissom that he would never retire so I don't think that dynamic would change.

It has to be something connected to moving forward,getting a leadership position in a way that would make sense and this would make sense. Ecklie moved to Undersheriff and he isn't a detective or even connected with the police department other than director of CSI.

It has to be connected to his past and I feel whether it was his wife or a patient he was charged with the crime and the charges were dismissed. He can not be a CSI but he can be a consultant, which may eliminate the assistant supervisor position jsut as the director position was eliminated.

Nick might feel he was up for the promotion but then ,as it was before with the position he was vying for (with Sara) the position is gone,replaced to make room for Ray.There is some resentment amongst some of the staff (not Hodges though,he just sucks up to whoever is in charge).

I thnk at first Langston might turn it down but gets the support of Catherine and takes it,leaving the others speechless and resentful.

I'm a little confused. If the assitant supervisor role was eliminated and Ray was only a consultant, how would that make him above Nick?

Personally, I think Ray should have only been a consultant to begin with... sort of like how Charlie is on Numbers. I mean Charlie has a good amount of screentime regardless of the fact that he's not an FBI agent. He is the one who solves most of the cases. So, Ray should have been a consultant. I don't believe that a consultant position would remove the assitant supervisor postion.

Also, I don't believe the lab director position was eliminated. I believe Ecklie just wears both hats (lab director and undersheriff).

And even if Doc doesn't retire, they could still make Ray assistant coroner and push David out of being next in line because Ray has more experience and all. I mean, we'd still see David there, but he'd be in line after Ray to be coroner.

Let's also not forget that Ray's got an office in the ME building. That to me seems a little foreshadowy... and not foreshadowing that he'll push Nick out of position, but foreshadowing that he might push David out of position as second to Doc.

I still don't think this will be it though because the spoiler says whatever this thing from his past is, it rocks him to the core (ie its something that is bad)... and if he accidentally killed someone, I would think he'd be aware of that, so it wouldn't be a shock to him. This sounds more like something that is a shock to him. I honestly don't think it'll have anything to do with his job. I think it'll be something personal. Maybe he discovers that he has a long lost son... and maybe that son is someone whom the CSIs put in jail or someone Brass had to shoot/kill or something... and that's what rocks the team's boat.

I really truly and honestly don't think they'd have Ray bump Nick (or Cath for that matter) out as assitant boss/boss. Not unless they really really want to kill the show and lose most, if not all of the viewers. I think regardless of the fact that I love Nick and Greg so much as well as other things about the show, I would probably quit watching the show altogether if they did that (and I'd just catch the Nick scenes, Greg scenes, and whatever else I liked online in youtube clips or whatnot). I think I'm not the only one who would protest either. Unless tptb really are that stupid and masochistic, I honestly don't think they will do this.

I also don't believe Cath would encourage Ray to take the job if it meant pushing Nicky out of it. Cath is very loyal to Nicky. If she supported Ray taking Nicky out of postion, everyone would hate her (fans and characters) and I honestly don't think they'd do that. I really hope not.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused. If the assitant supervisor role was eliminated and Ray was only a consultant, how would that make him above Nick?

Personally, I think Ray should have only been a consultant to begin with... sort of like how Charlie is on Numbers. I mean Charlie has a good amount of screentime regardless of the fact that he's not an FBI agent. He is the one who solves most of the cases. So, Ray should have been a consultant. I don't believe that a consultant position would remove the assitant supervisor postion.

Also, I don't believe the lab director position was eliminated. I believe Ecklie just wears both hats (lab director and undersheriff).

And even if Doc doesn't retire, they could still make Ray assistant coroner and push David out of being next in line because Ray has more experience and all. I mean, we'd still see David there, but he'd be in line after Ray to be coroner.

Let's also not forget that Ray's got an office in the ME building. That to me seems a little foreshadowy... and not foreshadowing that he'll push Nick out of position, but foreshadowing that he might push David out of position as second to Doc.

I still don't think this will be it though because the spoiler says whatever this thing from his past is, it rocks him to the core (ie its something that is bad)... and if he accidentally killed someone, I would think he'd be aware of that, so it wouldn't be a shock to him. This sounds more like something that is a shock to him. I honestly don't think it'll have anything to do with his job. I think it'll be something personal. Maybe he discovers that he has a long lost son... and maybe that son is someone whom the CSIs put in jail or someone Brass had to shoot/kill or something... and that's what rocks the team's boat.

Sounds as if we have two sides of the coin being looked at. My understanding was that Ecklie was the new undersheriff,now the CSI team fell under the sheriff's leadership and the director position was eliminated when this was done. Will go and rewatch that scene.

The assistant supervisor position does not necessarily have to be a CSI but someone with good leadership qualitites and he could be also a consultant on cases which would take him into the field.

I don't think he will be in the coroner's office...not enough screen time there for their lead man.

If we talk foreshadowing we could also see Ray in Mascara going to Nick's desk and writing the recommendation for his former student was a definite foreshadowing of things to come.

I 'm just really seeing the words of the producers coming to fruition: He will not start off in charge. Their man has to move up the ladder and seeing all the complaints that he is doing far more than a CSI 1 would get to do given his inexperience,they may feel he needs a promotion. This would divide the team,create a little friction.

Nick is a team player, he might not like it but he will accept it but I could see Riley getting all out of sorts with a man being passed over her. She seems like a woman with a voice.

Nick would feel some betrayal of course from Catherine and Ecklie but would see it as what has to happen to keep Ray....but it still hurts.

Greg would be the "whatever happens" man,he would hate it for Nick but would see it has something that had to happen to keep Ray on the team.(The Redrum look he gave Nick)

I will be surprised if it is anything else. It just seems like the direction they have been going for a long time...get their man in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back