Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, it's possible. I don't think they ever said one way or another. I thought Ecklie told Gil they'd have to find a new director cause he was just made undersheriff. Maybe they could make Ray the lab director if he's got enough of the qualifications for it. Only he'd be in every episode unlike Ecklie was.

I think an assistant one has to be a CSI. The supervisor can be a cop rather than a CSI, but has to be a cop who is high enough in rank (ie Brass). I don't think a CSI Level One can be assistant supervisor. I don't think even Riley could be assitant supervisor while she's still Level 2.

They could always write more scenes for him to have more screentime. He could be a CSI and a coroner kind of like Sheldon on NY.

He wasn't writing a recommendation for his former student (a dead person has no need for a recommendation and it was the dead girl he was writing whatever it was for), he was sending her book to a publisher I think and just saying the publisher should read it cause he thinks it should be published. Remember, Ray did write a book, so it was probably his own publisher he was emailing that stuff to. I believe that he was just using the office cause it was the quietest place in the lab (and I'm sure he asked Nick if he could because Ray isn't the type of person who just barges into someone else's office and uses their things without asking) and he needed concentration for that. I don't think that scene really meant anything to be honest. It was just showing how much he cared for and believed in the girl and her work. He was either typing the girl's notes/book or he was telling his publisher he had something that the publisher should read and for him to contact him (maybe he couldn't get him on the phone).

Maybe the situation would not be Nick though. Maybe it would be that Riley is due to be promoted to Level 3 (we have no clue how long she was Level 2 where she previously worked), but they can only afford one promotion and instead decide to promote Langston to Level 2 rather than Riley to Level 3... and this upsets some people. Nick has already been given the position of second in command to Cath. The only thing that can get him knocked out of that position if he gets in trouble like Warrick did (remember at the end of For Gedda, Warrick was going to be knocked from Level 3 to Level 2) cause of his actions.

I honestly hope tptb aren't stupid enough to knock Cath or Nick out of their current postions just so Langston can be in charge. That would be the dumbest move ever as the ratings are already starting to slide.

I'm still stuck on the fact that spoilers said something from Ray's past and something that would rock him to the core. Him being promoted just wouldn't do it.

I could see Ray getting a raise (not promotion) before one of the others who have been there long enough to earn it though and that causing an upset. But, I still don't see that being something shocking and never expected and something that will rock Langston to the core.

tptb gave conflicting statements in the beginning though. At first they were going to have him eventually be boss cause they did say he wouldn't be at first. But then later, they said no he won't be boss, Cath will. Besides, he doesn't have to be boss to get more screentime than the others, this has been proven with several episodes. :lol:

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Sounds like we disagree but I have a feeling what will shake Ray to the core is that his past is brought to light. His mistakes of the past come into question and he feels that his privacy is more important than a job. He may even threaten to quit but instead they give him an offer that he cannot refuse. I honestly feel he will be second in command,due to his leadership ability,his education and his inablity to be a CSI due to the fact he was arrested and charged for his wife's murder but the charges were dismissed.

It would make sense on so many levels.

I also feel that this would incorporate a sense of doubt towards him from the team,possibly more from Riley than the rest. Especially if his wife's murderer was never found,then you have the book which has been brought up on several occasions. Could it give us some clues into the mind of Dr Ray Langston?

I am sticking with this theory until proven wrong.

3. GregNickRyanFan

I just don't think tptb at CSI are that career-suicidal though. I hope they're not. So, I'm going to try to remain as positive as possible until I learn differently. :) Worrying about something that may not happen isn't going to do me any good. :lol: I think we really need more info before we start to worry. They are about the money and they won't make any if everyone quits watching the show. If they lose enough viewers, sponsors will start pulling their support and the show will die a death more horrible than any of the episodic victims each week.

If they wanted him to be in charge, I think they would have written a character who could come in and be in charge. I could see them possibly having him be Level 2 by the end of the season, but that's it. Just because Lawrence is the lead male doesn't mean that his character has to be boss. Emily Deschanel's character on Bones is the lead female character and she's not the boss, Cam is. It works there, it will work fine on CSI as well.

I'm not too worried... yet. :) I'm gonna keep the faith a little while longer. :)

Re-reading the TV Guide article, I am once again a bit confused:

The went on a road trip on the April 30th episode. I don't think they will be doing that on next week's episode. How did TV Guide manage to misprint that? :lol: Surely they're not going to go on a road trip again in the following episode. :lol:

Also, re-reading that article, I think maybe what'll happen is that the issue from his past will have him wanting a certain thing done a certain way (remember Mascara cause the vic was his student) and that he will clash with some of the other characters because of that. He nearly did in Mascara. Plus, there was also that spoiler about him using deadly force. Maybe that's what causes the friction. Perhaps he thinks a certain person is guilty when the others believe he isn't and Ray just won't listen to them cause maybe the vic is someone he knows. So, he'll go off to confront the person and gets into an altercation, being forced to defend himself. And the others will feel like "we told you the guy didn't do the crime, but you had to go off on your own and now the guy is dead".

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  4. Nicksfriend

I hope not too! But I am starting to lose faith a little. CSI is such a great show and I would hate for the producers own personal likes to blind them to what the fans really want.

I still feel to some extent that this theory is correct,that Ray will get a promotion of some type,he is just not doing well as a CSI 1,too unbelievable for all the face time he gets and none of the others would have gotten away with what this guy has pulled,especially the road trip. I am so sure that they have kicked themselves too many times over their decision to make him a CSI1.

I would like to see him taken down a notch or two,I think Catherine needs to do it and maybe remind him of his status....low man on the senority pole. But like I said I feel there will be a reason he cannot function as a CSI anymore, and that connection has something to do with his wife or a patient from his past.:)

5. GregNickRyanFan

I kind of liked when he didn't know what the heck he was doing and Nick had to give him tips. That was interesting. We didn't really see a whole lot of that with Greg because Greg had been around the CSIs long enough to know how to do most things. But with Ray not knowing how to use the powders and whatnot, it was just interesting and sometimes comical. I loved that dynamic. I was sad to see it go. Now they're writing him like he's been on the job for very long time and doesn't have anything that he doesn't know anymore.

6. Nicksfriend

Either he is a really fast learner or they are getting us prepared for his promotion. He is too smart to be a CSI 1!:)

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The discussion thread for (#923) "Hog Heaven" is now up all discussion for this ep should be taken/done in that thread, as this is for future episodes. :) Thank you.

8. GregNickRyanFan

So was Greg, but he still didn't get to be Level 3 for several years... and he's supposed to be a genius. :lol:

9. Nicksfriend

Yeah true, but remember they didn't pay Greg fourteen million dollars a year either!;)

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really do not see Ray ever being made a supervisor while on the show. I think just his overall personality makes people respect him and look up to him. He does not need to be made a supervisor to still have those aspects.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree. I don't think he's ready yet, anyways.

Just because he has all this medical background behind him, doesn't mean he's ready to be a leader.

Grissom had both knowledge AND experience behind him. When he got the job, he had the qualifications for it. Langston has one, but not the other.

Nick and Catherine have years of experience behind them, maybe they don't have medical degrees, but neither did Ecklie or Grissom, but that didn't keep them from getting the jobs.

And I don't think the writers are going to go there with ratings being so shakey, to do so right now would tick off the loyal fans that are sticking by the show.

And we're not sticking by because of Langston, because we don't know him yet. We're sticking by because we of our loyalty to the the remaining characters on the show-Nick,Catherine, Greg, Brass, Doc Robbin, Super Dave, and the Lab Rats..

12. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Totally agree on that one :) They could also quite filming other episodes if they would be going to do that... Nobody would watch anymore...

I love that Nick has this nearly supervisor role... he plays that well and I love that he calls Langston Dr. out of respect even he's on the higher position :)

13. Nicksfriend

We'll see but I have a feeling he will no longer be under anybody at the beginning of the season. I so hope I am wrong but he just looks too cool sitting in that chair in the promo pic for All In. Just too cool! I really don't think that tptb really care about the others anymore,at least that is how it comes across to me.

14. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Um, I just read the TV Guide article about CSI. I think it's pretty much all about Langston and how he'll develop and how much more we're going to get to learn about him.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/qrkzg3.jpg

Erright, just let me make this clear.
    I love Langston, he was adorable in his first episode out on the field when he was trying to dust his first print. I loved his over prepared rookiness. But in all honesty, I would rather like him to stay the adorable naive one for at least a while, like a normal person would, you know? I liked him best when he was taking his baby steps. I guess what really is aggravating, is that it just doesn't make sense to me how they could put Greg through so much of a struggle his first few times in the field, but Langston makes one fingerprint mishap and then he's telling Hodges to 'chop chop' on a trace sample. It barely feels like anyone has any real seniority on Langston, which is extremely contraversial, since he is has been in the lab for a couple months at most and has had no previous experience as a field criminalist. We call that: logic slaughter!

I understand we need to get to know Langston, but why so fast? He's taking up 3 seats at the table for lack of a better Riley or Greg. :confused: I understand CSI is going through huge changes, so I will remain open mided about the next season.

BUT. Who knows, maybe things will finally tone down next season, maybe Riley's insensetivity to most humans will be explained. Maybe, just maybe, Greg will get a good story. Not one that involves him paralleling what happens to Ryan in Miami- saving a life and getting screwed over in some way because of it. Would anyone else here just like to see Greg get some good old fashioned angst? Perhaps mysteriously and suddenly go missing for 48 hours then turning up with no memory of what happened to him. That would set the team up for a personal mystery, with nothing but hard evidence to go on. Afterall, isn't that what being a CSI is all about? :) Hard evidence!!

Sorry for rant.

15. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Ohhhh :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

I so hate that!!! Why even bother calling it CSI... they should call it the Ray Langston show... upps my bad the Dr. Ray Langston show...

:wtf: Why don't they realize the potential this show has... man they have so great talented actors and all they do is letting them stay behind... man there could be so great storylines with team effort and so on and all we get is LANGSTON, LANGSTON, LANGSTON ... Can't hear that anymore :scream: :scream: :scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.