Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Delkolover! You are my absolute hero! I am so psyched for the premiere...its not even funny. You rock as usual.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

I'll post the rest of my thoughts in the shipper thread

2. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

^ delkolover...my dear...you are my favorite messenger...my 2nd fav is my friend texmex who has been giving me these tidbits from the board all day today...since life is a little nuts and i cant always come over to the board first thing in the morning....on wiht the info and episode.

I personally think this is all just amazing and I for one am willing to try and take the leap with the writers, although I do agree it is rather large. I personally find it to be intreging to let all the now MIami team cross each others paths in the beginnings.
    I do wonder however who younger ryan wolfe will be played by? And are they going to dress him like he was in s3 or how he is in s7.
    I think the idea of calleigh being appointed to make his medicial decisions is infact strange since she's not a family member, however, you cannot expect the writers to get everything 100% right all the time..its a show...you gotta give them some leway.

Ok delko's bullet coming out is wonderful and hopefully they will make calleigh antaganize over the big decision since it could possibly kill him. But then again the human body esp the brain is an amazingly complecated muscle.
    And I really am looking forward to the origins of the sunglasses. Could it possibly be because as a local Miamian and Eric knowing H is originally from the greater NY area Eric gives H the sunglasses as a way of saying, "welcome to sunny miami"

anyway all in all I am excited for the episode and for the new season to begin...it sounds like they are getting off on the right (correct) foot to me :)

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I can see another way that Eric could leave his medical decisions up to Calleigh and that is to have it in a Living Will. It's logical to assume that since Eric's dad isn't blood related and Sharova is, that would leave Mr. Delko out of that parental responsibility, even if he did raise Eric, believing him to be his son. Eric may no longer trust his mother since she's lied to him his whole life and may no longer want her to make medical decisions for him. In my Living Will, my best friend is charged with making medical decisions, if need be, and my parents by then are deceased. There was no problem with it. You name whomever you want to make whatever decisions for you if you can't make thim for yourself.

4. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

That is a positive way to look at it but I highly dout Eric did that. Eric seems to love his mother too much to just push her off like that and Horatio is a family member his brother-in-law! Why leave the decision to Calliegh when H is the more reasonable canidate?!:scream:

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Plus the fact that Eric knows that life can be over in an instant and that he has the fragment in there might make him be very updated on his medical decisions. I think that he would trust Cal to make a more rational decision than maybe his mom and he knows she would do exactly what she knew was right for him. Horatio is close to him but I think his relationship to Cal has gotten way closer and more serious than his relationship with Horatio.

-I am so psyched that Speed and Alexx are going to be there!! The writers really went all out with this one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drool: :)

-Love the fact that Eric gave H the sunnies :lol: That's such a great detail to put in there.

-I also like the fact that Ryan and Natalia are in there in the past since a lot of people wanted that and where talking about them being left out. So they will not be left out :thumbsup: Maybe the timeline is not exactly right but from what delkolover wrote I think that the fact that they are included should be more satisfying than the fact that Natalia never mentioned she had been in the lab or Ryan never saying he talked to Speed. I'm not saying that the writers shouldn't be more careful with these type of details but that we should be happy they are paying attention to the team aspect like it has been asked for so long. So if they are all there there's something for every fan :) like a lot of people have been asking.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Speeeeeeeeeeeeed! If he doesn't end up being on I will be so disappointed!

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I personally just think it's another way for tptb to bring on the drama factor for Calleigh making her be conflicted. Yes, his Mom or Horatio, or one of his living 2 sisters would be logical, but there is no drama for them in that now is there....still I find it as dumb as dumb can get.....but as I said...it's drama for Calleigh & that's probably all they're thinking about -- they don't ever think "logic" or "realism", they just think about what they can use for added drama & just throw it in whether it makes sense or not. No one would ever put thier girlfriend of only 3 months over thier own flesh & blood who has been there all his entire life...& sorry but I don't see that his "relationship" with Calleigh is deeper, & definitly not stronger, than him & Horatio's.

8. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

hiphugger17 I disagree with you! Horatio as we have seen has had a very close relationship with Eric from the first episode in season 1 and with Horatio becomming Eric's brother-in-law has made tham even closer. Now has we find out Eric gave Horatio his first pair of sunnies! There is now way in any "relationship" Eric has with Calliegh over powers or is strong than the one his has with Horatio! Which is why this storyline is so stupid! When H and Marisol were getting married Natalia hit the nail on the head when she told Eric "I know you trust Horatio with your life"

Point blank Horatio and Eric have the stronger relationship! Eric may trust Calliegh in the same way but I strongly believe that the trust, respect and friendshp with Horatio is far greater and wider than the trust he has with Calliegh.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ditto! It was also just in 'Resurrection' when Eric asked Horatio if it would be "just you & me?" together fighting off the baddies. ;)

10. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Delkolover- Thanks for the information!

I have to admit, I'm finding it difficult to stay positive about the plot and everything tptb are doing for the premiere episode. When you think about it, it might seem like a good idea.. but I just don't think it is. It might have been if they had done it a little earlier in the series, like the first time Eric was shot. Like I said in an earlier post, the writers are taking a huge risk. Especially in the way that Ryan and Natalia are being incorporated in the flashback. I don't think it's smart.. but I don't want them to not be in the episode. I hope it's done right. But it already sounds a little.. out there. We'll see.:rolleyes:

I'm thrilled that Speedle will be in the episode, though.:)

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the info, Delkolover. :)

Actually, that is not true. Eric could have given Calleigh his power of attorney which would cover making decisions in medical emergencies. On CSI Vegas, Brass gave Grissom his power of attorney and they are not married or related. However, I would think that he would give power of attorney to Horatio. Calleigh and any family members would be way too emotionally involved and would probably find it more difficult to (excuse the phrase) "pull the plug" if it came down to it. I'm sure he trusts Cal with his life, but she would be too emotional about it. I mean, I would if it were my boyfriend.

Honestly, I really hope Jon and Rory are playing Ryan and Speed in the flashbacks because I've been itching to see the two interact almost as much as I'm itching to see Eric Szmanda and Jon interact. :lol: If they can take Reba McEntire and make her look 20 something again on her show then they can make Jon look younger as well. :lol: I would honestly prefer to see Jon in the ep. So, I hope if he's not playing the younger Ryan that we at least get to see at least a bit of him in the parts of the ep that are in present time.

And for God's sake if Eric is gonna be in the hospital again, can we please for the love of all that is good and holy see ALL of the team coming to visit him? Every frickin' time someone's in the hospital we only see one or two people there visiting. I'm not saying all of them have to be there at once, but they could show glimpses of each character holding vigil at Eric's bedside throughout the episode. Coincidentally, ALL 3 CSI shows are bad about this. Well, NY has gotten better as everyone was at Sid's bedside and Linds' bedside (and all at once I might add), but when Don was hurt, I only remember Mac being there. :lol: But, on Vegas, we only got to see Grissom visit Greg when he was beaten up by that gang of kids and I only recall Cath visiting Greg (and maybe Warrick) when he was in that explosion at the lab. I wanted to see Nick visiting Greg too and Sara (who by the way is supposed to be Greg's best friend). :lol: It's frustrating. :lol: Although when Brass was shot, everyone was at the hospital, so there was improvement there, but then they went on the fritz again with the Greg/beaten hospital stuff. :lol: And we didn't even get to see Nicky in the hospital after Grave Danger cause it was a season finale. :lol: So, I want the Miami writers to show every character visiting Eric at some point. Pretty please? :lol:

One question: Is Valera gonna be in the flashback ep? She's been recurring since pretty much the start of the show. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm not saying he doesn't trust H or that they don't have a close relationship. I'm saying that being friends with Cal and then being involved in a romantic relationship with her, plus the fact that he sees himself settling down with her, has made their bond deeper in that aspect. I think that if you see yourself settling down with someone then it's not a big leap to entrust them with something as serious as this. You don't imagine spending the rest of your life with just anyone. I don't want to start a debate about this cause this is of course just my opinion ;).

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Maybe the parts with Ryan & Natalia are really short & they're more like a crossing of paths. Like when Ryan apparently runs into Speed - maybe Ryan doesn't acknowledge his name, therefore making it more believable that he wouldn't & didn't know Speedle when he first came in season 3.
    As for Nat, maybe she's still with the FBI & somehow the DNA sample goes from the hands of H, Calleigh, Speed or Eric, to one of the other officers, & then to Natalia in a different lab where she's asked to analyze it.

14. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

It's a start and in context makes sense, but the screentime will definately have to balance out more with in the season.

15. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Yeah, Natalia flashbacks make sense. That's not what bothers me. It's just Ryan. Him being so young and taking a tour and speaking with Speedle? Weird. I know, I'm being close-minded.. I probably shouldn't judge until we see the episode. But I'm happy that Ryan and Natalia will be in it, though. Those two need some more screentime. So I guess if that's the way tptb want to put them in that particular episode, (even if it's just for a short time) I'll take it. At least the writers are acknowledging them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.