Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That's what I'm thinking. I'm no doctor but from what I've read on the subject, the bullet can shift under the right circumstances, especially if it involves more trauma to the head, which if he hit his head on the steering wheel hard enough then I do think it's a possiblity that it shifted, & induced the coma. The only other possibility is that he just simply hit his head, he stumbled out of the car, walked a ways, fell unconcious & then slipped into the coma -- but I'm leaning more towards the theory that this has something to do with the bullet in his brain --- it would be stupid to not acknowledge it considering all the drama that went along with that incident, & still has reared it's ugly head from time to time just in the past season.

Considering Sharova nor the mob is mentioned in appearing in the premiere, I don't think his injury will have had anything to do with them at all. I'm just guessing that Sharova will make his appearance again sometime later in the season. Drama, drama, drama.

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I have a feeling that there will be scenes of each of them holding vigil wondering how Eric is and then it will go back into his brain....

They could also bring Megan back as well as Alexx.

I'm hoping that he isn't in a coma and is just knocked unconcious. The coma thing will bring the episode down because they did it before. Another idea I had was an episode of Magnum PI where Magnum is trapped in a sticky situation and images and scenes of his past and his friends eventually help him get out of a jam. Perhaps Eric's first case might just be something his mind will use to wake him up

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ryan most likely has an OCD personality rather than OCD. With OCD personality you may see things like his gun cleaning,or my friend's overly organized kitchen cabinets with nothing out of place,things that really wouldn't hamper his ability on a day to day basis.He really didn't have much of an OCD thing,but when he started,Ryan was supposed to have an eye for detail.Perhaps his cleaning or or his detail to the job is something that could be looked at.If he really was horribly stressed,he wouldn't be able to carry out his job.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah I think the coma will have more to do with him hitting his head or getting beat up. Though I think that Sharova will appear in the first episode. I think he will be questioned about everything that is going on, especially before they find Eric. IMO his involvement is way to unclear for him to disappear till later on in the season and they need him to give them some kind of lead as where Eric could've gone. Unless they start off the episode and Eric is already found and the whole 97 case takes place and then we find out what happened by bits and pieces.

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Let me clear this right up :thumbsup:

OCD is an anxiety disorder in which people use strange rituals to bring them to a mental equilibrium or to combat paranoia. There are many forms, such as 'bad thoughts ocd' which means a person constantly fears being harmed or hurting people. This would elicit a response of extreme caution from them, such as obsessively avoiding knives, guns, etc. :lol:

And OCD isn't a problem unless it affects your daily life, and whether or not it affects your daily life is a matter of whether or not you have sought treatment. There is medication offered for OCD, which could explain why we never see it from Ryan. Either that or he sought counseling to manage it. If he started exhibiting OCD symptoms again I would guess it would be because he came off meds or he had a relapse.

Ryan might be a 'checker.' Checkers feel motivated to check locks, lights, and other things often. They are typical very intuitive about procedure and direction. He could also be an 'Orderer,' having to have all his possessions placed exactly the way he wants and in certain orders. Since we've seen his house, we know he isn't a 'hoarder' and we know he's not a 'germaphobe (aka cleaner)' because he wouldn't hang out in the morgue so darn much if he was.

-phew-

So it's possible he could have an OCD flare in the future....-falls over- Which would make sense you know, since he's supposed to HAVE OCD!!

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It was never established if Ryan actually had the life intrusive, medication needing OCD.Some people have ritual type behaviors,such as being extremely neat,an eye for detail,even being a workaholic or he could be an orderer(he did mention filing a certain way)What I was getting at is that people may exhibit some ritual type behaviors,and not necessarily have OCD,but have a certain personality type.I've always felt Ryan was more in this group.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  7. Wasabi Power

He could have a mild case of OCD :), it could be any kind of situation.
    They'd really have to WRITE something for us to know for sure. -glares at writers-

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ok, so I am on vacation in Florida and I don't know if anyone did this yet and I really don't have time to go back and look. So if this is a double post, I apologize greatly. ;)

801- No Title yet

The ep, as well all know by now is a flashback episode to 1997 a case that, in the end brings the team together to be "the team" of today. I can tell you that Speedle and Alexx are both in this episode!! :D

Eric, interestingly enough is NOT a CSI in this ep. He is still underwater recovery. However, if any of you have ever wondered where H got his iconic sunglasses...we find out that it was Eric who gave H his very first pair!! It does look like though, by the end of the '97 case, H asks/hand picks Eric, as we know from the bios, to join a team he is forming for the new crime lab.

In the current timeline taking over from last season, Eric is rushed to the hospital with a head wound...I am not quite sure how he is injured his head or how they even find him but I think it might be safe to assume that he hit his head on the steering wheel when the car crashed b/c the EMT's talk of several of his wounds. It also seems that he has left his medical decisions up to Calleigh and she is conflicted on what exactly to do. Alexx explains that they need to get the fragment out b/c it is contributing to the swelling on his brain. Ultimately it seems she decides to have them go through with the surgery...what Eric is like when he wakes up, IDK...I didn't see that in the sides. I'm sure though, he wakes up in the end....probably, as I mentioned above, right after H asks him to join to the team back in '97. I think since the case is really a flashback on Eric's part, that this is supposed to give him perspective on himself and who knows it might have to do with the fact that the fragment has been removed and the memory portion of his brain is working overtime. I just really really hope that they don't give him amnesia....like he wakes up and thinks it is still 1997!! That would be too much of a frickin cliche!! :rolleyes:

As for the 1997 case....the "team" is working the murder of wife, possibly by her husband. To me the case itself seems secondary, this ep is more about how the past and current team came together and how the actual Miami Dade Crime Lab was even formed!

We do see how the old fashioned cops give the young fresh young newer forensics techniques Calleigh a very hard time. Especially when she turns out to be smarter than one of the lead criminalists and proves him wrong in front of H!! We also really see the report between H and Speed and finally begin to understand what their relationship was like and why it was soo strong during the early established seasons of the show.

The ep, sounds interesting. Although, for me it seems the writers are asking the fans to take a huge leap of faith and suspend disbelief of everyhhing we seem to know of this show up until this point. For example, we see Ryan as a young teenager who is anxious to graduate high school and enter the Academy. In fact he is touring the station when he runs into Speed and tells him he is excited about joining the academy and working with him someday. As for Natalia, her interaction was unclear but it seems, since the lab has not been formed yet, she is asked to run the miniscual DNA sample that they are able to get in the case. :confused: I just think they are asking us to forget alot of things and blindly expect us to believe that it is possible that ALL of them interacted with each other years before now and when the time came for them to joing the show, none of them mentioned ever being in the lab before (Natalia) or touring the lab and telling explaining why and who made them want to become a CSI in the first place (Ryan). Ryan did explain in his first ep why he wanted to become a CSI but from reading the spoilers, that reason is completely different than what we will see in the '97 flashback. It is just too much, imo, of the writers asking us to, in a way, forget the last 7 years and belive that this is how it all actually happened.

One of the reasons why "in the beginning" flahsbacks hard difficult to write when a show is this established...the writer has established a fact of one thing and to ask the viewer to suspend belief is hard and writing it can be just as hard. I commend them for attempting this but it could go either really really great or it could crash and burn.

So, I am going on the notion that they are going to rock this idea and am definately keeping an open mind about it....now Septemeber is definately way too far away!! ;)

Oh and Kim Delaney is NOT in this episode.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  9. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

The episode sounds very intresting and the possiblity of everyone actually possibly meeting each other years before hand does intrest me quite a bit.

However the one thing that worries me is that by Eric leaving his medical decisions up to Calliegh TPTB will have an excuse to continure to let the soap opera drama between them continue through the season and continue to be a major overbearing storyline. :(

I do commend TPTB for trying this especially since as stated above the show is laready established and there is 7 years of fact engraned in our heads. just hope everything turns out ok and that this season is better than last season.

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

This sounds... strange, but slightly cool too. I'm happy that Speed and Alexx will be in the episode, but everything delkolover said about them possibly changing everything that we know about the show and the characters just for this one storyline makes it all seem like a bad idea. :/ It could end up screwing up the entire history of the show.

Oh well, I'll also keep an open mind about it. I wanna see who they get to play teenager Ryan. :lol: I don't think they'd get Jon Togo, he's definitely way past the still-looks-like-a-teenager stage. Maybe if he still looked the way he did in season 3. But naaah.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ Thanks delkolover.I had wondered how Ryan and Natalia was going to fit in( I actually said to myself that Ryan would be a teenager so he wouldn't be part of the flashback,guess I was wrong) You did provide some interesting tidbits.
    He could indeed have a mild case. I don't know if I would trust the writers to do a good job though. I'm sometimes glad that Ryan's OCD seems forgotten. He could be shown cleaning his gun sometimes,that is what his OCD was associated with.

12. Wasabi Power

WOW thanks Delkolover! This is a lot of exciting info, but like you, I am confused about how they're going to stitch things together and expect us to believe everyone interacted years before we knew them. Oh well!

I really like the idea of Eric giving H his first pair of shades, what a riot that would cause if this episode aired in a movie theatre. :lol: Whoo! -cheering-

I'm still concerned that the Eric drama and being shot in the head again will overbear the details happening, and it probably will. But now that we know Ryan and Nat are involved I have more incentive to watch. :thumbsup: Still hoping they will wrap E/C and russian mob stuff up.

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ummm...interesting, I suppose :shifty:
    I don't think I can comment much on all this "past" stuff. I mean, don't get me wrong - kudos to tptb in incorporating Ryan & Natalia, but this sounds almost like a joke to me. I suppose I should try & be open minded, but that's a little difficult to do. I guess if we're supposed to forget the first 5 1/2 seasons of this show than it shouldn't be that much to ask us to forget where they all came from....yep, open-minded is just not happenin' for me.

I have to say I find it hard to believe that Calleigh would be the one who makes Eric's medical decisions. In most cases, that is left in a will & it's usually a parent or gaurdian....not to mention it couldn't be done that quickly. Give me a flippin' break. :rolleyes:

But it will be nice to see Speed & Alexx again, & I do like the idea of Eric giving H his first pair of sunnies. :)

14. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

delkolover, you are awesome!

This is exciting, I actually don't know what to do with all this new info, lol.

No. 1: I'm so happy Speed and Alexx are back for this episode!! :thumbsup:

No. 2: I guess the secrets is obviously out about E/C, if she will have to make the decision on his injury. I'm GLAD she didn't shoot him!! This worries me because of the name of the episode (Out of Time) and the surgery taking place...I thought if they take the fragments out, this will kill him??

Why am I now having Speed flashbacks?? We were told he'd be back for Season 3 but was killed in the first Episode... are they not telling us something? I would HATE for the writers to do this with Eric..and to top it off, Eddie Cibrian (spelling?) is coming on board permanently.... UGH! PLEASE DON'T!!! :rolleyes:

Will someone ease my thoughts??

15. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Thank you! The only way Calliegh could logicly make Eric's medical decision instead of his parents would be that they are secretyly married or engaged (lord I hope not!), or his parents are dead (which we know they are not) and he gets to pick who in a situation like this would make the decision. Personally I think H could should and would be the one to make the decision being Eric's brother-in-law! Leaving the decisions up to Callegh only continue the major thing that fan of the show have been complaining about in the previous season.

Wasabi as much as you and I would love for them to wrap up both of these storylines, I'm pretty sure that they will only wrap up the Russian Mob stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.