Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree,the Ryan of season 3 looks as if he could have been a skinny teenager.
    I will have to see the season opener to really judge how the other characters look being 12 years younger,the pics I have seen really don't pull it off that well.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Totally agree with you on this one. I've always pictured him as a skinny teenager so I was kind of shocked to hear that their intention was to create a chubby Ryan.

Let's see what they'll come up with. They surely are doing a great job with the make up department except for Calleigh :p. Sorry, but I will never believe she was like this back in 1997...guess I was kinda expecting her with some hairdo like the ones from "The Nanny" :guffaw:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, they could have given her Maggie's hairdo.. the short bob. She could have worn a wig. I can't really picture her with Fran's poofy hairdo though. :lol:

I also think young Ryan would be skinny/twiggy. :lol: It'd be easier to find a skinny/twiggy teen who looks like Jon than it would be to find a chubby one. :lol:

4. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Yeah, love my Calleigh, but she looks the same...they should've added some clip ins b/c her hair in Cross Jurisdictions was so long and full.

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Although I am horrible at guessing ages, with Calleigh since she might have been close to 30 in the flashbacks, maybe she really wouldn't have changed as much as some of the others. H might have aged rapidly from everything he seems to take on his shoulders and Eric probably went from pretty young to mid 30's. I have a friend who I've known since he was 21 (he is 41 now) and he changed the most from mid 20's to mid 30's.

One wouldn't think that Ryan would be that much younger, but maybe he is:confused:.

Not as much difference than between 25 and 35.

I agree as well, unless the weight loss occurred going through the academy (I guess it depends on how chubby is chubby, it wouldn't be that dramatic, I guess)

Some of the pictures of H weren't too bad, granted they were pretty small.

6. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

Okay guys, I've been browsing on and off this site for the past few months and of course this is my favorite spot for CSI: Miami information and spoilers.
    So I've been reading the comments and spoilers and this is totally random but we have this spoilers thing going on with this other site I'm on.

A girl posted this as a spoiler: The last eposide,before the chistmas break, Emily Prcoter's character has seen something in a case and it changes her. She is suppose to go to Horatio and hand him her gun and bagde and he looks at her. She smiles and says"I just need time...i'll be back...this wont be the end." then walks off with a suitcase in hand. The team sees her and she smiles as a tear falls. She walks out to the waiting cab outside and heads to the airport.
    It is said that she is going to Rio, to understand what has been happening lately.

So with you all being the best spoiler source on the site, I wanted to know what do you think about that? Is it true?

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Seeing as to how they haven't even written Eric's exit yet, I find it highly doubtful that they've already written Cal's exit. And why would she be going to Rio anyway? The Rio thing with Eric and Horatio happened years ago. That place is way too dangerous that they barely got out of there alive. I don't think Rio will come back into play on Miami again. I don't think they have eps written that far in advance either.

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Ah, The Nanny! I LOVED that show. I still do enjoy catching it on Nick at Nite. I felt so old when the folks at Nickelodeon started airing repeats.

I definitely could've seen Calleigh with Maggie's bob. I think the shirt they put her in for the flashback is kind of wrong, though. It looks too much like something Calleigh would wear today, not 12 years ago.

I'm investing most of my faith in the post-production work to make the cast look younger. It's amazing what they can do to change the look of the shot. There's a photographer on Flickr who has found many of the locations the show has used in California, and will place his pictures right next to screen caps from the show. It's cool to see that it's obviously the same place, but the lighting can be a lot different.

Oooh, I found him. I think this one is a really good example (orange sky?):

Over here, y'all!

9. akadusk

akadusk Civilian

Boo on CBS Eric & calleigh finally get together after 7 years of loyalty waiting patiently 4 it to all go 2 crap since Adam is leaving. I'm done with csi Miami. It won't be the same 4 me anymore. At least I still have bones & booth!

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Huge difference in those photos, that's pretty interesting. I read that they use all kinds of orange/red filters on their cameras to cover the gloomy skies. It's "pretty", but I'd still love to see an episode where it's actually gloomy from a storm or something.

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I also saw something (I believe on the season 5 or 4 DVD features) that they edit the color in post-production. It's called selective coloring.

12. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

I dont know...i highly doubt that they'd write Emily off as well as Adam. Because it will be 2 out of the 3 original cast not appearing reguarly for a bit.
    the only thing that came to mind with the 'things been happening lately' would be Eric leaving? I don't know. But I really hope that they are not considering letting Calleigh leave the show for a bit! But if she is pregnant! (which from Emily's Twitter recently it looks as if she REALLY wants a baby) then thats a different story!:)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  13. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Wut seriously?

Calleigh leaving too? Yikes! Hope not. One major character leaving would be enough...I think that would be a scary move to make on TPTB's behalf, especially if they don't exploit the rest of the wonderful cast they have.

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I definately think you should ask this person where they got this info from!! The first 4 eps of the season were written before they even started shooting...evey ep after that is written as the show goes forward. One of the reasons why ELR said they "haven't wrriten" how Eric will exit the show. They haven't gotten that far yet. So I highly doubt they know what will happen in an ep right before christmas.

So I would definately ask the person who posted that where they heard/read that and ask if their source is credible. For all we know, they could have made it up or the place where they read it could have made it up.

What site did you read that on anyway? Emily leaving so soon after Adam would suck. However, I don't think Emily has resigned with the show either....her contract was up too at the end of last season. But again, I highly doubt they have planned anything that far in advance for anyone. They might have some storyboard ideas but that is way too specific for something that far out. It is possible though, if Emily gets pregnant in real life and the writers need a way to write her off for a while...still that is not a story or scenario I could see happening on this show.

Right now....anything is possible

Emily Procter Twitters? What is her twitter page address?

Yeah I saw that too. Sunil Nayar was saying that in post production they purposefully infuse bright colors into scenes b/c Miami in general is vibrant and they want the show to look that way and refelct that vibrance. So they inject bright hues and colors into scenes to make them 'pop' off the screen.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used editing to make some of the cast look younger for the flashback. They all have aged since the show began and going back 12 years is easy on paper but getting your actors to look that young is difficult sometimes.Sometimes clothes, hair color or hairstyles doesn't get it done. Ahh the miracle of editing! ;)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Think anyone might be jumping the gun or have faulty intel on the possibility of Caleigh leaving? To me it sounds like the beginning of a fan fic. Being a fan fic writer, I'm not casting aspersions on anyone that might choose to run with it. I just don't think it sounds plausible or rational where the show is concerned. I mean, they've done plenty of outlandish and freaky things, but this is too real and far too out of character for Calliegh. Don't see it happening unless Emily is already pregnant and the writers can't find a way to write it in and she's just too icky miserable to work beyond a certain point. That's the only way I can accept Calleigh leaving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.