Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press Release for 8.9 Kill Clause

DEADLY JELLYFISH ARE USED AS A MURDER WEAPON, AND A MYSTERIOUS WOMAN FROM JESSE'S PAST RETURNS, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, NOV. 23

"Kill Clause" - Deadly jellyfish are used as a murder weapon, and a mysterious woman from Jesse's past returns, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Nov. 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS
Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST
Tom Loman...................... Christian Clemenson

GUEST CAST
Jeff Lofton..................................... Ciro Suarez
DeeDee Curson........................... Laura Ceron
Max DeSalvo............................. Sam Hennings
Garrett Yates............................. Chris Eigeman
Caroline Berston............... Michaela McManus
Lyle Durbin......................... Sherman Augustus
Scott Wilcox......................... Ian Anthony Dale
Anna Kitson.................................. Mini Anden
Woman................................ Tara Erica Moore
Professor.................................. Adam Donshik
Med Student............................. Alesa B. Gantz
Toastmaster................................ Ward Horton

WRITTEN BY: Jeremy Littman
DIRECTED BY: Scott Lautanen

Mysterious woman from Jesse's past? Oh boy, I can't keep from jumping up & down from excitement :rolleyes:

New episode thread for part 1 of the CSI Trilogy has been started so like always, all discussion pertaining to that episode should take place there. Thanks! :)

Mysterious woman from Jesse's past? Oh boy, I can't keep from jumping up & down from excitement :rolleyes:

Doesn't sound very original, does it? I'm having flashbacks to what I felt was the soap opera of the past three years. :(

Well, let's hope it turns out better than it sounds and after that episode some of the other members of the team get a chance for their "moment".

My thoughts exactly :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I love Jesse, but I think that's a bit too much !!!

Agreed! Oh brother! That's entirely cliched.

OMG I can't believe it. Finally Jesse will have an own storyline. :rolleyes:
And I thought this season we will learn something about the background or past of the "older" team members like Ryan or Frank... I think I can give up my hope soon. :scream:

DEADLY JELLYFISH ARE USED AS A MURDER WEAPON, AND A MYSTERIOUS WOMAN FROM JESSE'S PAST RETURNS, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, NOV. 23

Remind me never to go swimming again.
Please don't tell me that this mystery woman in Jesse's life is his ex-wife or something. Can't they come up with something original. Oh wait, I forgot.

I really do wish we would get some more character development from I don't know, Ryan or Natalia.

Well they even gave Nat a background with Nick Townsend. Ryan hasn't even gotten that much. :lol: Erica doesn't count as background. :lol:

Well they even gave Nat a background with Nick Townsend. Ryan hasn't even gotten that much. :lol: Erica doesn't count as background. :lol:

I concur; Erica was an annoyance and a pain in the rear end, mostly in Ryan's rear end.

I really do wish we would get some more character development from I don't know, Ryan or Natalia.

We should write a petition otherwise that wish probably won't come true. :shifty:

I'd sign it:scream:

Episode 8.12 'Phoenix in the Fire'

~~ A young star by the name of Phoenix bursts into flames & drops dead while performing in a concert. The case leads the team to a shady Doctor who prescribed numerous medications to the star, which then leads them to discover that the victim was not the real Phoenix (aka Penny Jarrett), but a double, named Vanessa. The team must find who murdered Vanessa all the while search for Penny who is missing & in danger.

~~ Jesse's "past" also sneaks in a bit in this one. Calleigh is suspicious that he is hiding something, claiming he's acted mysterious since his return. I don't have any details as to what he does in the episode (Ellay &/or Delkolover might have more to provide), but apparently he & Calleigh have a brief arguement which leads to her suspicion.

~~ Calleigh seems to be a focal point in the episode, though the actual events revolve around Penny's storyline, & don't directly involve Calleigh. She seems to bond with Penny, & there were slight references & parallels that gave me the impression that she's possibly contemplating (or coming to some kind of realization) a few things herself, possibly career-wise. Definitly got a sense of foreshadowing, but cannot pinpoint exactly what from just reading. This is one you all will have to wait & see & use your own judgement.

~~ Dave Benton is in the episode, as well as ME Tom Loman.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that Tom is continuing to appear. He is no Alexx (duh!), but definitely is better than the previous replacements.

~~ A young star by the name of Phoenix bursts into flames & drops dead while performing in a concert. The case leads the team to a shady Doctor who prescribed numerous medications to the star, which then leads them to discover that the victim was not the real Phoenix (aka Penny Jarrett), but a double, named Vanessa. The team must find who murdered Vanessa all the while search for Penny who is missing & in danger.

Oh brother! They did this in CSI's episode called "Zephyr" (spelling may be off).

I'm glad to see that Tom is continuing to appear. He is no Alexx (duh!), but definitely is better than the previous replacements.

Well, except for Shannon. Even though we only saw her for a minute or two, I liked her. Too bad she had to die so fast.

~~ Jesse's "past" also sneaks in a bit in this one. Calleigh is suspicious that he is hiding something, claiming he's acted mysterious since his return. I don't have any details as to what he does in the episode (Ellay &/or Delkolover might have more to provide), but apparently he & Calleigh have a brief arguement which leads to her suspicion.

~~ Calleigh seems to be a focal point in the episode, though the actual events revolve around Penny's storyline, & don't directly involve Calleigh. She seems to bond with Penny, & there were slight references & parallels that gave me the impression that she's possibly contemplating (or coming to some kind of realization) a few things herself, possibly career-wise. Definitly got a sense of foreshadowing, but cannot pinpoint exactly what from just reading. This is one you all will have to wait & see & use your own judgement.

~~ Dave Benton is in the episode, as well as ME Tom Loman.

Concerning Jesse's secret, there really isn't much more known than what you posted. There is simply a scene where Calleigh asks him, in plain terms, what the hell is going on? She says she doesn't know what to make of him either way. Apparently her suspicions arise in some way having to do with the mileage he is putting on his CSI vehicle. She notices the log and asks him where he was going because she was the one who lent him the vehicle on the night he put the miles on. He tries to act dumb but she doesn't buy it. So she asks again and he tells her he will take care of it. Again, it isn't shown exactly what he is hiding and/or where he was going.

And I agree with you on your assessment of Calleigh. There were many parallels between her and Penny. What exactly the writers are trying to shows us or draw out is unknown. It could have something to do with her career or it could have something to do with how parents push their children to be the best etc. Either way, there was definately a connection between the two both literally and figuratively.

We learn that Penny's manager is keeping her drugged in order to control her and keep her going in the spotlight. I really got the feeling that what we are being shown in this ep is how the child becomes the cash cow of the family, how the parents push when they become famous and how the person in the spotlight wants out and how fame has made them unhappy. I think this story could be paralleled to many child stars who were and still are the bread winners of their families. Penny tells Calleigh that she is happy that Phoenix is dead and always wished she could be in that postion. Calleigh tells her someone has really died, not just her alter ego. Penny says she knows but she is never going back and actually fights Calleigh on revealing to the public that she is still alive. Penny simply wants to be a regular citizen and if it were up to her she would simply disappear.....but it is not and she feels bad for the girl who died in her place and agrees to help in any way possible.

It definately sounds interesting and I think, as MJ said, the ep will be either literally telling or a foreshadowing of where Calleigh is going in her life and career.

Sorry I didn't come around sooner.....I honestly didn't even realize this ep was out!! And I have been super busy lately. This should be the last ep out before the hiatus....so I don't think we will see another one until January. But I will be on the lookout for sure ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back